Cancellation of Online Train Bookings
- How can I cancel a train booking online?
Online cancellation of train bookings is possible through the My Bookings section. Just follow these steps:
- Log in to the My Bookings section
- From the left menu, select the Train Bookings option
- Select the trip you want to cancel by clicking the Yatra Reference Number
- Click the Cancel Ticket button
- Select the passengers for whom you want to cancel the reservation
- Click the Confirm button to complete the process
Your ticket will be cancelled within minutes and the status will be updated in My Bookings. The amount, after the relevant fee deductions will be processed and credited to your account within the next few days.
- Can I cancel an e-ticket offline, at a railway reservation counter?
Cancellation of e-tickets is only possible online. You can login to My Bookings and cancel the booking in a few simple clicks, without having to stand in long queues at the railway counter. If you wish to cancel a booking after the chart has been prepared, send an email to email@example.com with the relevant details and the cancellation will be processed. Once you get a confirmation from Indian Railways, please contact Yatra Customer Service for the refund.
- I had booked tickets for two people, now I want to cancel only one. Is partial cancellation possible?
Yes, the online cancellation facility is available for both full and partial cancellation. You can cancel only one part of a booking, such as the reservation for one passenger in the group. Just make the relevant selection during the cancellation process.
- If I miss my train, what is the latest by which I can cancel my ticket?
If you missed your train, then the cancellation of ticket is possible. In this case, you can cancel a confirmed ticket as per the following rules:
- Till 3 hours after the train's departure if the ticket was for a distance of 200 kilometers
- Till 6 hours after the train's departure if the ticket was for a distance of more than 200 and less than 500 kilometers
- Till 12 hours after the train's departure if the ticket is for a distance of more than 500 kilometers.
You will have to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant details: PNR Number, trip ID, transaction ID and passenger details.
- If I miss my train, will I get a refund on my ticket?
-If a ticket is cancelled more than 48 hrs before the scheduled departure of the train, flat cancellation charges shall be deducted @ Rs.120/- for AC First Class/Executive Class, Rs.100/- for AC 2 Tier/First Class, Rs. 90 for AC 3 Tier/AC Chair car/ AC 3 Economy, Rs.60/- for Sleeper Class and Rs.30/- for Second Class. Cancellation charges are per passenger.
-If a ticket is cancelled within 48 hrs and up to 6 hours before the scheduled departure of the train, cancellation charges shall be 25% of the fare subject to the minimum flat rate mentioned in the above clause.
-Less than 6 hours before the schedule departure of the train up to chart preparation of the train, 50% of the fare paid subject to the minimum cancellation charges.
- How can I cancel my ticket after the chart has been prepared?
Tickets cannot be cancelled online after the chart for the train has been prepared. For that you will have to send an email to IRCTC at email@example.com with your PNR Number, Yatra Reference Number, and the transaction ID mentioned on your ticket. After the cancellation is confirmed, please contact Yatra Customer Service to claim the refund. We will process the refund within the next few days.
- Can I amend a booking in case I misspell the name on the ticket?
The amendments in passenger name is possible only if any of the blood relative wants to travel in place of booked passenger that can be made by approaching the nearest railway reservation counter with your e-ticket printout and valid photo ID proof and blood relation proof of the passengers who willing to travel in place of booked passenger. Such amendments can be made up to 24 hours before the train's scheduled departure. However, making such a change is entirely up to the concerned railway authority.
- Can I amend a booking in case I have made a booking in which the age of the passenger is incorrect?
Changing or amending a passenger's age after an e-ticket has been booked is not possible. However, if the difference in age is not much the ticket checker in the train may still allow you to travel. But if you decide to risk it, remember to carry a proof of identity with you.
- Is there any amendment possible on an e-ticket?
E-tickets cannot be changed or amended online. Indian Railways allows passengers to change only the boarding station and passenger name, and such changes are allowed only once. These changes can be done at a major railway reservation center, where you can request the concerned authority to make the change. Remember to carry a copy of your e-ticket and photo identity proof with you.