Cheap Flights from Delhi to Kolkata
If you are planning to travel from Delhi to Kolkata, you should visit Yatra.com to book Delhi to Kolkata cheap air tickets.
How do you compare and book cheap flights from Delhi to Kolkata?
Advance booking is always advisable to get cheap flight tickets from Delhi to Kolkata. By doing this, your chances of cracking the best deal is high.
● Late night flights are cheaper as compared to the day flights. If you have a flexible date or time of travel, then you must compare Delhi to Kolkata flight schedules of different airlines to get the lowest flight fare.
● Yatra.com provides ‘Low-Fare Alert’ option wherein it notifies you about the price-drops on Delhi to Kolkata cheap flights.
● Jet Airways, Indigo, and SpiceJet offer seasonal and festive discounts on various occasions. However, to book lowest fare flight from Delhi to Kolkata, one needs to visit the official website of different airlines.
How far ahead of time should you book your Delhi to Kolkata flights?
There is no perfect day or time for booking your Delhi to Kolkata flights. However, 2-3 months advance booking of tickets is always advised. Moreover, if you’re planning a trip between October and January, which is considered as the peak season, then booking 3-4 months before the planned departure date is recommended.
Why should you book your Delhi to Kolkata flight with Yatra.com?
Here is why you should choose Yatra.com to book your tickets:
● You can use the ‘Lowest Fare-Finder’ to avail cheap Delhi to Kolkata flight fares on all leading domestic airlines. Currently, Delhi to Kolkata Indigo flights offer the lowest Delhi to Kolkata flight fare.
● Pay a nominal fee during the time of ticket booking and avail the ‘Cancellation Protection’ to prevent any extra charge at the time of cancelling your booking.
● Get e-cash by inviting a friend to download app. Notably, Your friend will get Rs. 2,000 as e-cash and you will receive Rs. 1,500 in the same currency. This e-cash can be redeemed to book flights and hotels.
Which are the major airlines to operate flights from Delhi to Kolkata?
Jet Airways, AirAsia, SpiceJet, Air India, Vistara, Go Air, and IndiGo are some of the major domestic airlines which ply on this route.
What is the best time of the year to visit Kolkata?
November to February is considered as the best time to visit Kolkata. The temperature during this season varies from 9 to 11 degree Celsius and the weather remains cool and pleasant. However, the average Kolkata temperature is 24.8 degree Celsius.
What are the documents you should carry to check-in at the airport for your Delhi to Kolkata flight?
You need to have the following documents to complete the check-in and security procedures for travelling from Delhi to Kolkata.
● One should have a valid photo identification document to collect the boarding pass for Delhi to Kolkata flights today. This includes, Aadhaar, PAN card, valid passport, voter’s card, or driving license.
● One needs to show a printout of their confirmed booking at the time of entering the airport.
● It is advisable to carry the credit or debit card with which the ticket was purchased if you have booked your Delhi to Kolkata flight on Jet Airways. However, if you’ve purchased the ticket by using someone else’s credit card, then you’re required to carry a photocopy of the same.
How do you land the best deals on your last-minute flight booking?
When there are a good number of unsold seats, some of the airlines offer heavy discounts on flight tickets. After checking last-minute fares, one can book Delhi to Kolkata cheap flights. This increases your chances of grabbing a cheap flight ticket from Delhi to Kolkata.
Why are round-trips considered to be more economical than one-way fares?
If you’ll calculate the total cost of booked tickets on the same date and time, you will find that round-trips are cheaper than the sum total of two one-way fares in the same sector. Scheduling flights on round-trips are more convenient for the airlines.
What is the difference between direct flights, non-stop flights and connecting flights?
The difference between direct flights, non-stop flights and connecting flights are as mentioned below.
● Non-stop flight: Non-stop flights take off from the origin (the place from where a flight departs) to destination. They do not have any stop. Thus, you will fly from Delhi Airport to Kolkata Airport without stopping. The Delhi to Kolkata flight duration is 2 hours 10 minutes on a Jet Airways non-stop flight.
● Direct flight: This flight may have a stop in between in which a few passengers may leave and others board. Mostly on direct flights (unless specified), passengers are not required to leave the plane until they reach the destination. Some direct flights will have more than two stops. Therefore, it is advised to be aware of the stops before booking a flight. A direct Delhi to Kolkata Air Asia flight will fly via Ranchi and take you to your destination within 3 hours. The flight number does not change on a direct flight.
● Connecting flight: On a connecting flight, passengers are required to board at least two different planes with two different flight numbers to reach the final destination of their journey. Connecting flights are usually cheaper than non-stop flights and connecting Delhi to Kolkata flight duration is longer than that of a non-stop flight.
How can you set a Low-Fare Alert?
The Low-Fare Alert is a distinctive feature designed by Yatra which informs you about the cheapest fares to your preferred destination. If you want to use this feature, just log on to the website and create an account. Follow the steps below:
● Click on the icon of ‘Low-Fare Alert’.
● Choose the ‘From and ‘To’ destinations.
● Enter the date of travel. (You can view more flights available on different days by selecting ‘+/- 3 days’).
● Now, enter your approximate travel budget.
● Since you already have an account, you will get alerts in your inbox about the price-drops on tickets for your chosen destination. However, if you don’t want to create a Low-Fare Alert account, then you need to share your email ID and phone number to receive low-fare alerts through SMS and emails.