Cheap Flights from Mumbai to Kolkata
Planning for a Calcutta trip from Mumbai? On Yatra.com, India’s number one travel website, cheap air tickets from Mumbai to Calcutta are just a click away.
How do you compare and book cheap flights from Mumbai to Calcutta?
● On Yatra.com, it is very easy to find cheap flight tickets from Mumbai to Calcutta and compare the prices of different airlines to locate the lowest fare flights from Mumbai to Calcutta.
● If your travel date remains flexible as does your time of departure, get lowest fare flights from Mumbai to Calcutta on the calendar of the ‘Lowest Fare-Finder’ which reflects the Mumbai to Calcutta air-ticket costs across months on different airlines.
● You can locate the Mumbai to Calcutta flight fares, using the ‘Lowest Fare-Finder’ which displays the cheapest flight fares across all leading domestic airlines. Mumbai to Calcutta Air India flights are available on Yatra. The lowest flight fare from Mumbai to Calcutta is currently offered by Go Air, if booked ahead of time within 60 days.
How far ahead of time should you book your Mumbai to Calcutta flights?
When it comes knowing when to book a flight, it's all about balance. There is no specific number of days or months before which you should book your Mumbai to Calcutta flight. However, to find cheap flight tickets from Mumbai to Calcutta, you can look at the prices listed on the ‘Lowest Fare-Finder’ on Yatra.com at least a month or two in advance.
Why should you book your Mumbai to Calcutta flight with Yatra.com?
Yatra.com, trusted by over 4.3 million satisfied travellers, offers a variety of benefits listed below:
● When you are booking your Mumbai to Calcutta cheap air ticket through Yatra.com, you can enjoy benefits like with Yatra Cancellation Protection, you can pay a nominal fee at the time of your booking to pay no cancellation charges in case you need to cancel your booking.
● You can invite a friend to download the Yatra app. After downloading the app, your friend will receive Rs 2,000 as e-cash and you will receive Rs 1,500 e-cash. This e-cash can be redeemed to make flight bookings and hotel reservations through the website and the app of Yatra.com.
Which are the major airlines to operate flights from Mumbai to Calcutta?
Cheap flight tickets from Mumbai to Calcutta are offered by Air India, Go Air, Indigo, SpiceJet, Vistara and Jet Airways.
What is the best time of the year to visit Calcutta?
The best time to visit Calcutta is between the months of October and March. The pleasant weather condition is perfect to explore the City of Joy and attend some of the major festivals which take place during these months.
What are the documents you should carry to check-in at the airport for your Mumbai to Calcutta flight?
After you have booked your Mumbai to Calcutta cheap flight tickets, you will require certain documents to enter the airport and complete the check-in procedure:
● Carry a printout of your confirmed booking/flight ticket.
● Carry your valid photo identification document, which could be your Aadhar Card, Passport, Election Photo Identification Card, Driving License or PAN Card.
How do you land the best deals on your last-minute flight booking?
The best strategy to land the best deals on last-minute booking is to get a quick visual of prices for a whole month to see what days are cheapest for your specific route. On Yatra, you can create a flight alert using ‘Low-Fare Alert’ to receive notifications on last-minute price-drops. This might be risky if your date and time of travel are not flexible but if you are lucky you will land a cheap flight ticket from Mumbai to Calcutta. Check the Mumbai to Calcutta flight status to find out if your flight departs on time or not after your last-minute booking.
Why are round-trips considered to be more economical than one-way fares?
Round-trips are more pocket-friendly and a better option than one-way fares. To find the best fare, you should always compare prices. Round-trip fares turn out to be cheaper than the sum total of two one-way fares in the same sector, on the same date and time.
What are the differences between direct flights, non-stop flights and connecting flights?
There are differences between direct flights, non-stop flights and connecting flights:
● On a non-stop flight you will fly from the Mumbai Airport to the Calcutta Airport without stopping. There are no scheduled stops on the route. The Mumbai to Calcutta flight duration is 2 hour 45 minutes on an Indigo non-stop flight.
● Direct flights from Mumbai to Calcutta have scheduled stops on the way - sometimes one, sometimes more than one. Passengers are asked to remain seated inside the cabin when the aircraft makes stops at airports along the way before heading out to the final destination. The flight number does not change on a direct flight. A Mumbai to Calcutta SpiceJet flight via Patna will take you to your destination in 4 hours 25 minutes.
● On a connecting flight, passengers must disembark from at least one aircraft and board a new flight to complete their journey or a part of the journey. You have to fly at least two different aircraft with two different flight numbers to land at your chosen destination. Connecting flights usually turn out to be cheaper than non-stop flights. The Mumbai to Calcutta flight duration on a connecting flight is always longer than that of a non-stop flight, which makes the latter more expensive.
How can you set a Low-Fare Alert?
On Yatra.com, the ‘Low-Fare Alert’ is a user-friendly feature designed to help you find cheap air-tickets in your chosen sector. Create your account by logging onto the website of Yatra and then follow the steps below:
● Click on the icon of ‘Low-Fare Alert’
● Type in your city of origin and destination city
Choose you date of travel. You can keep this flexible by selecting the option of +/- 3 days
If you already have a Yatra account, you will receive notifications in your inbox if there are any price-drops in your chosen sector. If you wish to create a ‘Low-Fare Alert’ without creating a Yatra account, you will have to share your email address and phone number to receive ‘Low-Fare Alerts’ through SMS and emails.