Everything about the SpiceJet Web Check-in Service
Q. What is web check-in?
A. Web check-in is a process by which passengers verify their presence on a flight through the internet. Typically they can also print their boarding passes. Passengers may also select their seat for a nominal price.
Q. What information is needed for web check-in?
A. For SpiceJet web check-in you will have to state your:
• Email address or PNR
• First name
• Last name
• Origin city
• Destination city
Q. How does one web check-in for domestic flights?
A. To web check-in for domestic flight, simply log onto the website of SpiceJet (www.spicejet.com) or use the mobile app on your Android or iPhone device.
• Click on the link of ’web check-in’.
• Read the terms and conditions and select ‘Continue’ to proceed with.
• web check-in.
• Select your departure city.
• Enter your PNR.
• Select the name of the passenger to be web checked-in. This information will reflect on the screen once you enter the correct PNR and city of departure.
• Select your seat from the seat map.
Once you have selected your seat, the screen will reflect the passenger details and seat number.
Confirm the process and the system will prompt you to print your boarding pass(es) and customer copy.
Q. How does one web check-in for international flights?
A. Web check-in is not available for international flights on
Q. How many hours before departure can web check-in be done?
A. For domestic flights, you can web check-in between 48 hours to 2 hours before scheduled time of departure.
Q. Is web check-in meant for everyone?
A. Web check-in is available to everyone with a valid Spicejet PNR with confirmed booking. Passengers travelling with children can also web
check-in. However, this facility is not available to:
• Passenger(s) with reduced mobility and those with special needs.
• Passenger(s) travelling with infant(s).
• Passenger(s) below 12 years of age travelling alone.
• Passenger(s) on flights originating from Jammu and Srinagar.
• On group bookings of 10 passengers or more travelling together.
• Student bookings and Indian armed force personnel.
• On international flights.
Q. How does one avail extra leg-space?
A. You can book seats with extra leg-space with the following options:
• ‘SpiceMax’ is a one-of-a-kind product which can be purchased and added on during the booking process for benefits like extra leg-space, priority check-in, complimentary meal and beverage etc.
• You can pre-select preferential seat for an additional fee at the time of booking or after booking, depending upon availability.
• You can also avail seats with extra leg-space when you web check-in, depending on availability.
Emergency seats are not offered to:
• Passengers travelling with infants(s).
• Passengers below 15 years of age.
• Passengers above 65 years of age.
• Passengers between 15 and 65 years of age with any medical conditions.
Q. How many passengers can be web checked-in at one go?
A. Web check-in is allowed for a maximum of nine passengers at a time.
Q. How do we get the boarding pass after web check-in?
A. After you web check-in for domestic flights, you can print your boarding pass. Carry this to the airport along with a valid photo
identification document. You can proceed directly to security if you do not carry any checked-in baggage.
For international flights, you will receive an email of your itinerary after the confirmation of your booking. Carry a printout of your itinerary and your valid
passport with visa to the airport counter to receive your boarding pass. Web check-in facilities are not available on international flights.
Q. What happens if the boarding pass cannot be printed during the web check-in?
A. If you cannot print your boarding pass during web check-in, present yourself (with a printout of your itinerary and a valid photo identification document) at the airport counter before closing time and check-in.
Q. Can web check-in be done with luggage?
A. Yes, you can web check-in with luggage. However, you have to be present at the airport to drop off your checked-in luggage at the airport
counter for tagging.
Q. How many types of SpiceJet check-in are available?
A. SpiceJet offers you the following check-in procedures:
• Web Check-in
• Counter Check-in at the airport
• Priority Check-in: Priority check-in is a prepaid service which can be bought during or after booking, up until 2 hours before scheduled departure - per passenger, per sector.
Q. How early does one need to reach the airport after web check-in?
A. It depends upon whether or not you have checked-in luggage.
For domestic travel, you have to be present at the check-in counter at least 45 minutes before departure to drop off your luggage for tagging.
For international travel, web check-in is not available. You however should be present at the check-in counter at least 3 hours before departure to drop off your
luggage for tagging. If you do not have checked-in baggage, you have to present yourself at least 60 minutes (75 minutes in the case of Kabul and Dubai ) prior to
Q. Is it important to carry ID even after web check-in?
A. Yes, it is important to carry a valid photo identification document even after you
web check-in for security verification in the domestic sector.
For international travel, your valid passport with visa and a printout of your itinerary (as mailed to you) are required for issuing your boarding pass at the airport
counter and for security checks.
Q. Do the frequent flyers get any benefit from web check-in?
A. SpiceJet does not currently offer any Frequent Flyer Program.
Q. Can web check-in be cancelled?
A. Yes. Once you have web checked-in, you can cancel your ticket by calling Reservations. This service is available up until 2 hours before the
scheduled time of departure.
Q. Can web check-in be done through Yatra?
A. You can web check-in through the official website of SpiceJet (www.spicejet.com) or download their app on your Android or iPhone device.