The capital of Telangana, Hyderabad, founded on the banks of the Musi river in 1591, is a city of contrasts. While parts of the ‘Old City’ showcases the Islamic heritage of the Nizams, it is also an IT hub, with malls, multiplexes, and sleek restaurants. Architectural landmarks, artificial lakes, wildlife sanctuaries, vibrant bazaars, and its trademark cuisine (including biriyani), make Hyderabad a tourist haven. Best time to visit Hyderabad
The best time to visit this city is between October and March, when the weather is pleasant. One can avoid both the monsoon, and the blazing summers. Being a city with a sizeable Muslim population, Ramzan is celebrated with great pomp and fervor. While Charminar and the neighboring Mecca Masjid are the hubs for the devout, the Old City is a must-visit during this time for Ramzan shopping and great food. Handy guide for Bangalore to Hyderabad flights Connectivity from the Hyderabad airport
The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is in Shamshabad, 20 kilometres south of Hyderabad. Airport shuttles, taxis, car rentals, and government transport buses ply from the airport. The Pushpak-Airport Liner operates luxury buses, providing safe and comfortable travel from the airport to the city. Radio Taxis, an air-conditioned cab service is operated by Meru and Sky cabs with metered fares. About Bangalore airport Kempe Gowda International Airport
is the primary airport for Bengaluru, located 40 km north of the city. The airport code is BLR.
• There are two five-star lounges of Plaza Premium Lounge open to all travelers. Interactive food counters, comfortable seats, shower, spa, massage parlors, plush bars, and a business center with high-speed Wi-Fi are some of the facilities.
• Nuance India operates duty free shops at the departure and arrival halls, featuring more than 10,000 products, including a range of international brands.
• There are many food and drink outlets like Tiffin Center, Taste of India, Hatti Kaapi, California Burrito, Café Noir and much more to satisfy your hunger.
• The Airport offers a buggy service for senior citizens, women with children, and the disabled. Wheel chair access is also available for the latter. Offbeat things to do in Hyderabad
• Visit the Sudha Car Museum:
This unique museum featuring hand-made automobiles in many quirky shapes, but fully functional, features in the Guinness Book of World Records.
• Take a Rock Walk:
Visit the awesome rock formations through a nature trek organized by Society to Save Rocks. The granite hills and ridges of the Deccan Plateau are more than 2500 million years old.
• Chill out at Snow World:
Considered to be the first theme park in India, there are many entertainment options here for children including a snowy play area with snowfall.
• Spend an evening at Numaish:
It is an annual, open-air, 46-day exhibition, featuring traders and artisans from all over India and abroad, displaying their products in more than 2000 stalls.
• Check out the Light and Sound Show at Golconda Fort:
Relive the past and get lost in history while witnessing the marvelous light and sound show, which brings alive the lost glory of the fort.
Yatra provides cheap flights
information, flight schedules, hotel bookings, etc. to ensure a hassle-free journey. All information about flights to Hyderabad and return flights from Hyderabad
can be found here.