What should you know before booking your Bangalore to Mumbai flight?
• Low-cost airlines:
A number of low-cost airlines offer cheap flights
from Bangalore to Mumbai like Air India, Spicejet, Indigo
, Go Air, and Jet Airways. The starting price of a Bangalore to Mumbai flight ticket is Rs. 2,629.
• Full-service airlines:
Many full service airlines operate Bangalore to Mumbai flights. These flights by full service airliners offer luxury services like high-quality in-flight entertainment, comfortable seating options with extra legroom, and delicious meals and beverages. Some of the full service airliners which offer flights from Bangalore to Mumbai are Go Air Business, Vistara Business, Vistara Premium Economy, Air India Business, and Jet Airways Business. The price on these premium flights starts from Rs. 13,533.
• Flight time:
The minimum time taken on a non-stop flight from Bangalore to Mumbai is 1 hour 35 minutes by Go Air.
Luggage allowance depends on the class of travel as well as the airline. Most airlines operating on domestic routes offer 15 kg of free check-in baggage and 7 kg cabin baggage if you are flying Economy and double of that if you are flying Business. But if you are flying with Air India, you will be allowed to carry 25 kg of check-in baggage with an additional 8 kg as hand luggage.
What is the best time to book Bangalore to Mumbai tickets?
• If you are planning to get your hands on the cheapest Bangalore to Mumbai flight tickets, then book your tickets a few months ahead. It is best to plan your air travels as early as possible to grab the best flight fares from Bangalore to Mumbai.
• The months from May to October offer the cheapest Bangalore to Mumbai air tickets. Book you tickets during these months and plan your travel accordingly to get the cheapest flight fares from Bangalore to Mumbai.
• To get the best flight fares from Bangalore to Mumbai create a Low Fare Alert on Yatra.com
for Bangalore to Mumbai flights. Enter all relevant details about your flight and receive an alert whenever the price drops.
• In case you are in a hurry and you need a ticket right away, then you can visit Yatra.com and use the lowest fare finder to find the lowest Bangalore to Mumbai air ticket cost.
What documents do you need to carry to board your Bangalore to Mumbai flight?
• A valid photo identification document to enter the airport. This could be your Aadhaar card, voter’s card, passport, driving license. The name on the reservation must match the name on your ID.
• A printout of your confirmed booking or your e-boarding card on your smartphone if you have web checked-in.
• Some airlines also ask for the credit or debit card with which the ticket was purchased. If someone else’s credit card was used to purchase the ticket, carry a photocopy of the credit card.
What are the facilities on Bangalore to Mumbai flights?
The facilities offered depends on the class and the airline you have chosen for your Bangalore to Mumbai flight
• Seat Selection:
Go Air, Vistara, and Jet Airways offer a free seat selection option during bookings. Indigo also offers free seat selection for certain rows in all flights. There are some full-service airliners like Air India Business, Jet Airways Business, and Vistara Business that offer this as a complimentary service during bookings.
• Web check-in:
To avoid long queues at the airport, web check-in from the comfort of your home and print your boarding pass.
Jet Airways, Air India
, and Vistara offer free meals and beverages to passengers travelling in all classes. However, you can pre-book your meals for a certain fee on airlines such as Go Air, Indigo, and Spicejet.
• In-flight facilities:
Domestic flights within India only offer magazines and newspapers to keep you engaged but if you are flying with Jet Airways then you can access their Jetscreen and stream multimedia content during your flight on your smartphone or laptop.
• Senior citizen support:
All airliners in India offer a discounted fare to senior citizens. The elderly can request wheelchair access to the ramp or to their seats on the aircraft and can also avail assisted transfers at all airports.
Jet Airways provides you with a bassinet on their flights if you are travelling with an infant and all other airliners allow infants to travel on-board. Parents must take note of the fact that the baby’s age must be below 2 years in order to qualify as an infant.
• Pregnant women:
On domestic flights within India, women are allowed to travel till the 36th week of gestation. The rules are the same for all Bangalore to Mumbai flights.
What do you need to know before boarding your Bangalore to Mumbai flight?
• Make sure that you check your Bangalore to Mumbai flight status
and get to know the exact flight timing before you leave for the airport.
• You should ideally reach the Bangalore airport at least 45 minutes before the scheduled departure of your flight. Even if you have web checked-in you’ll have to go through security protocols.
• Bangalore to Mumbai flight distance is 842 km and the Bangalore to Mumbai flight duration is around 1 hour 35 minutes. However you will need to find out specifically how many hours it takes from Bangalore to Mumbai by flight on your selected airline schedule.
How to reach Bangalore Airport?
You’ll find many transport options to reach Bangalore airport
. There are cabs, airport shuttle services, car rentals, prepaid taxis, and auto rickshaws, among others.
What does Bangalore Airport offer?
Kempegowda International Airport is the airport in Bangalore. It is a huge airport spread across an area of 4,000. It was built as an alternative to the HAL airport in Bangalore which was overburdened with increasing air traffic.
Terminal 1 operates both domestic and international flights. For a Bangalore to Mumbai flight on Indigo Airlines, Jet Airways, Go Air, Vistara, Air India and Spicejet you will have to use Terminal 1.
The Kempegowda International Airport offers VIP lounges, check-in kiosks, currency exchange, ATMs, lost and found facility, luggage carts, Wi-Fi access, restrooms, and prayer rooms, among others.
How to spend time on a Bangalore to Mumbai flight?
You can read magazines and newspapers on your flight. If you are flying with Jet Airways then you can tune into JetScreen and stream a great number of multimedia content. You can also indulge in some mid-air retail therapy by shopping for luxury items.
How to reach Mumbai Airport?
Online cabs, prepaid taxis, buses, and car rentals can be used to reach Mumbai airport
What does Mumbai Airport offer?
The Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai currently has terminal 1 and terminal 2 which handle all passenger and cargo traffic. It also has a General aviation terminal which hosts private and non-scheduled flight operators.
The airport has special assistance services, medical centre, lost and found facility, information desk, Forex services, valet parking, ATMs, and lounges, among others.
Mumbai weather at a glance
May is the hottest month in Mumbai with an average of 30°C. July receives the highest rainfall in the year. The winters start from December and continue till February with January being the coldest month with an average temperature of 24°C.
Which are the hotels you can book near the Mumbai Airport?
Some of the premium hotels near Mumbai airport are Hotel Airport International, The Orchid Hotel, Ibis Mumbai Airport, Kohinoor Continental, and Hotel Transit. There are a few budget hotels near Mumbai airport like Bombay rooms, Kalina Residency, Real Est House, and Artus Inn Mumbai.