What should you know before booking your Chennai to Delhi flight?
• Low-cost airlines: SpiceJet
and Indigo offer the cheapest airfares from Chennai to Delhi. The average cost of a cheap Chennai to Delhi flight ticket is approximately Rs. 4,349.
• Full-service airlines: Jet Airways
Business, Go Air Business and Air India
Business are among the full-service airlines and are also more expensive. The average price for a full-service Chennai to Delhi flight is Rs. 16,529.
• Flight Time:
The minimum time taken on a non-stop flight from Chennai to Delhi is 2 hours 45 minutes by Vistara.
Luggage allowance on Chennai to Delhi flights
will be based on class of travel and choice of airline. In most cases, domestic airlines offer up to 15 kg of checked-in baggage and 7 kg of hand baggage in Economy Class. Air India however, allows baggage allowance up to 25 kg for adults/children and 10 kg for infants in Economy Class with hand baggage permitted up to 8 kg per passenger.
What is the best time to book Chennai to Delhi tickets?
In order to avail cheap flight tickets from Chennai to Delhi, you should at least book your tickets prior to 45 days of departure.
• The best time to book Chennai to Delhi tickets are between December and January. Set a “Low Fare Alert’’ on Yatra.com by sharing your email ID and mobile number and travel at the lowest fares possible. To use this feature, simply provide your destination, date of journey and a travel budget. For e.g. create an alert to avail the cheapest Chennai to Delhi Flights Indigo price and wait to receive the notifications.
• You can also compare prices across all the airlines for the Chennai to Delhi route with the help of the Lowest Fare Finder on Yatra.com. It features a calendar with the airfares by month and highlighted are the dates with the cheap flight tickets from Chennai to Delhi.
What documents do you need to carry to board your Chennai to Delhi flight?
Once your Chennai to Delhi air ticket is confirmed, you need to carry a couple of documents which will be required at the Chennai Domestic Airport Departure Terminal. Below are the following documents:
• A valid photo ID (Aadhar card/voter ID/passport/driving license).
The name on the ticket must match with the name on the ID card.
• Printout of your confirmed booking/e-boarding card on your smartphone.
• In rare scenarios, credit/debit card with which you bought the ticket. If you have purchased the ticket with someone’s else credit/card, you may have to carry a photocopy of that credit/debit card.
What are the facilities on Chennai to Delhi flights?
The facilities obtainable on your Chennai to Delhi flight largely depend on your choice of airline and class of travel.
• Seat Selection:
Indigo, Go Air and SpiceJet offer seat selection facility at a fee in Economy Class. Choice of seats come at no extra charges for Indigo 6E Upgrade Pass holders and Jet Privilege Platinum and Gold members.
• Web Check-in:
Visit the website of the airline and web check-in by your name, PNR, city of departure, etc. Take a printout of the e-boarding pass or simply save it on your smartphone. If you have luggage to be checked-in
, you can drop it at the luggage drop facility and get it tagged.
If you are travelling by budget airlines such as Indigo and SpiceJet, you have to pre-book your mini meal or buy straight form the in-flight availability. Vistara, Air India and Jet Airways offer free meals to Economy Class passengers.
• In-Flight facilities:
You can expect magazines, meals, entertainment screens and extra legroom on most of the airlines.
• Senior Citizen Support:
Most of the airlines provide discounted fares to elderly passengers. Aided transfers around the airport are available. To ensure travel with ease, many airlines offer aisle seats near the lavatories for easy access and convenience.
Bassinet seats are available on Jet Airways flights on request.
• Pregnant Women:
Passengers are not allowed to travel past the 36th week and 32nd week if there is a history of complication in pregnancy. Please visit the website of the airline to know further details about travelling during pregnancy.
What do you need to know before boarding your Chennai to Delhi flight?
• Reach the airport 45 minutes earlier to departure. Remember, you need to clear the security before boarding. Check out your Chennai to Delhi flight schedule to know the exact Chennai to Delhi flight time so that you can arrive at the airport ahead of time.
• You can check your Chennai to Delhi flight status before stepping out for the airport. Most airlines notify the passengers in case of any delay through SMS and emails.
• Chennai to Delhi flight distance is 1,760 km and Chennai to Delhi flight duration on a non-stop route is 2 hours 45 minutes. If you have a connecting flight to Delhi from Chennai, it could take minimum 4 hours 35 minutes. However you will need to find out specifically how many hours it takes from Chennai to Delhi by flight on your selected airline schedule.
How to reach Chennai Airport?
One of the best ways to reach Chennai Airport
is by train from Chennai Park Station, opposite to Chennai Central Railway Station. However, if you have lots of luggage, then it is ideal to take a taxi from the railway station to the airport. You can also book an Uber or take a bus or Chennai Metro Rail or a car sharing to the airport.
What does Chennai Airport offer?
Chennai International Airport, located at Meenambakkam, is the country’s fourth busiest airport by means of passenger traffic. With three terminals, the airport is sprawled across an area of 1,323 acre of land.
Terminal 1 or the Domestic Terminal also called Kamaraj Terminal connects the airport to over 20 domestic destinations.Terminal 2 operates all the international flights and is connected to Terminal 1 by a link building which is a 20-minute walk. For your Chennai to Delhi flight on Air India, you will have to use Terminal 1. For Chennai to Delhi flights on Jet Airways and SpiceJet, use Terminal 1.
Food counters, restrooms, TV, free Wi-Fi, information counter, conference rooms, duty-free shops, currency exchange, disabled services, prayer rooms, medical and health scan facilities, smoking areas, telephone and more.
How to spend time on a Chennai to Delhi flight?
You can spend time by reading the in-flight magazines or shopping mid-air. Read a book if you are carrying one. Listen to music or play video games or watch the offline videos which you have downloaded from Netflix or Amazon video. Many airlines offer in-flight audio-visual entertainment facilities.
How to reach Delhi Airport?
The Indira Gandhi International Airport
is well-connected to the city. You can avail the shuttle, operated by the Delhi Transport Corporation every 30 minutes or book a cab to the airport. You can also use the Delhi Metro Airport Express Line from the New Delhi Metro station and upon reaching, take a feeder bus which will take you to Terminal 1 of the airport.
What does Delhi Airport offer?
Indira Gandhi International Airport has two primary terminals – Terminal 1 and 3. Terminal 1 deals with the low-cost carriers such as Indigo, SpiceJet and GoAir. Whereas Terminal 3 operates both domestic and international flights
. So, if you are travelling by Jet Airways or Vistara, you have to use Terminal 3.
ATMs, medical care, currency exchange, shops, food courts and more.
Delhi weather at a glance
Delhi faces a hot and humid weather between April and June with an average temperature rising up to 45°C. The months of July to September bring showers to the city and winters are usually chilly in Delhi with an average temperature of 12°C-13°C.
Which are the hotels you can book near the Delhi Airport?
• Premium hotels near Delhi Airport:
Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity, Lemon Tree Premier, ibis New Delhi Aerocity - An Accor Hotels Brand.
• Budget hotels near Delhi Airport:
Airport Hotel Grand, Airport Hotel Vishal Residency, Hotel Delhi Aerocity, Airport Hotel.