Pune has a splendid royal history and is one of the greenest cities in India. A metro with plenty of hill stations and beaches nearby, this peaceful and clean city gives you an amazing experience. The lip-smacking street food and the Maharashtra cuisine are worth a try for people travelling from Chennai to Pune
. Best time to visit Pune
Monsoons are the best time to visit Pune to witness the beautiful greenery in and around Pune. Summers tend to be too hot and are generally avoided. To enjoy the cultural side of Pune, you must visit in September to witness the Maharashtra zeal and festivity during Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations. You can book your Chennai to Pune flight
on Yatra.com to get best prices.
Handy guide for Chennai to Pune flights Connectivity from the Pune airport
The Pune International Airport is in Lohegaon and is approximately 10 km from the Pune city. It takes around 1 hour to reach the city depending on the traffic conditions. There are private taxis and cabs as well as auto rickshaws from the airport. Many general taxis and coach services are also available to commute to the city for people travelling from Chennai to Pune
. Pune Mahanagar Parivahan Mandal Ltd. (PMPML) provides affordable air-conditioned buses from the Vimannagar terminal at the airport for people travelling from Chennai to Pune
. About Chennai airport
• Chennai International Airport is the primary airport for the city of Chennai and its metropolitan area. The airport code is MAA.
• There are numerous duty-free shops with gift shops, bookstalls, pearl shop, alcohol, handicrafts, and lifestyle shops among others.
• A vertical garden visible from the terminals was constructed with 40 different varieties of plants.
• The Krispy Crème doughnut, Sangeetha restaurant, CCD, Chennai Food Express and many such options are available for a light snack to a full-fledged meal.
• There are various restrooms and lounges at your disposal. Offbeat things to do in Pune
• Explore the history of Pune:
Pune has a history stretching back to 2000 years and is seen in almost every part of the city. The places such as Pataleshwar Rock Temple, Dargah of Shaikh Salla, Lal Mahal, Shaniwar Wada, and Kasba Ganapati are some of the famous ones worth a visit.
• Market town walks through the Kasba:
Kasba means the local market which can take a day to experience with ‘wadas’ and various shrines.
• Trek the mountains:
Participate in the trek to Andharban, Harishchandra trek to Malshej Ghat, Rajmachi trek.
• Visit the Museums:
A war memorial treasured in National War Museum, collections of the king in Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum, a biographical museum called Darshan Museum are some of the best of places to experience the culture and history.
• Enjoy the nature
: An ecological snake park with a mini- train, the lush Pu La Deshpande Garden, Osho garden and the various lakes with the Western Ghats are some of the best places to enjoy the beauty of nature.
Find all the information about cheap flights, flights to Pune
, and return flights from Pune
on Yatra, India’s leading online travel agency. Through the Lowest Fare Finder
option, explore lowest fare details of Chennai Pune flights
. Passengers can use the Flight Schedule
tool available on the website to check the timings of their flight from Chennai to Pune