Bangalore – a beautiful metropolis and center of the software industry in India, the capital city of Karnataka is a much-loved destination for the people of all ages. Sprawling gardens, innumerable lakes, busy shopping districts, active night spots, and a thriving literary scene all form excellent reasons to explore this lovely city. Ancient palaces, forts, and museums also add to the vibrant tapestry of Bangalore. Best time to visit Bangalore
While the weather in Bangalore remains pleasant throughout the year, the best time to visit is from October to March. Popular events held here include the Lalbagh Flower Show in January and August, the Bangalore Air Show in February, the Bangalore Literature Festival, and seasonal ones like the International Wine Festival, Mango Mela, and several others. Handy guide for Delhi to Bangalore flights Connectivity from the Bangalore Airport
The Bangalore Airport
is 45 km from the city limits. It is well-connected to the city by Airport Shuttles, taxis, and car rentals. The Airport Bus Service and Vayu Vajra has A/C Volvo buses to and from the city, every 30min along 11 different routes. Airport taxis are operated by Meru Cabs, Mega Cabs, and KSTDC. Car rentals are provided by Carzonrent and Akbar Travels. Self-driven cars are also available, provided by Myles of Carzonrent. About Delhi Airport
The Delhi Airport
at Palam, 16 km from the city center, is the primary airport for the National Capital Region of Delhi. The airport code is DEL.
• Plaza Premium and Allways provide top-class lounge assistance. Plaza Premium Nap and Shower and pay-per-use sleeping pods by ‘SAMS SNOOZE AT MY SPACE’ are available.
• Visit the duty-free shops and browse among handicrafts, garments, electronic goods, alcohol, and much more.
• Utilize the Left-Luggage facility located in the Premium Car-Park area at Terminal 2 or the Baggage-Wrapping-Service.
• Visit the many eateries to satiate your hunger, which includes restaurants, coffee shops, food court, and quick-service outlets. Offbeat things to do in Bangalore
• Have a leisurely meal at Jayamahal Palace:
Once the home of the Mysore Royal Family, this luxury heritage hotel offers a taste of regal living.
• Visit HAL Aerospace Museum:
It is India’s first aerospace museum and has exhibits depicting 60 years of India’s aviation industry.
• Explore Bannerghatta National Park:
This national park has the country’s first butterfly park. The safari rides through this park offers you glimpses of lions, tigers, crocodiles, and elephants. It includes a national park, an aquarium, zoo, a children’s park, snake park, a pre-historic animals’ park, and a museum.
• St. Mary’s Basilica:
A ‘minor basilica’, this beautiful Gothic-style church with its spire, stained-glass windows, lovely arches, and the 6-ft. statue of Mother Mary with the infant Jesus draws large crowds. It is renowned for the 10-day St. Mary’s feast in September celebrating Mother Mary’s birthday.
• Go Paragliding over Nandi Hills:
This famous hill-station at 1478 m above sea-level with beautiful views is the perfect place to go paragliding. A week-long crash course is available for beginners.
All details about cheap flights
, flight schedules, hotel bookings, holiday packages and much more are available at the click of a button at Yatra.com. It has information pertaining about flights to Bangalore
and return flights from Bangalore
, as well as the lowest fare details via our Lowest Fare Finder.