The last decade or so has seen a revolution in the Indian aviation industry. The Indian aviation industry has been growing at the rate of 15-20 percent in the last few years. In fact it is estimated that the Indian aviation market may surpass that of the US and China in the next 15-20 years.
Today India is the third largest domestic aviation market in the world after after the US and China. Today more and more people are looking to flying as the first choice for transportation between destinations. The emergence of Budget airlines have only helped in the growth of the aviation sector in India. Today air travel is no longer viewed as the prerogative of a privileged few. Today an air ticket costs a little more than an upper class train ticket with the added advantage of sped and convenience.
Yatra has been an integral part of the exciting revolution in the Indian skies, striving to give its customers a hassle free user experience right from flight booking
to checking their flight status. Keeping pace with the growth of digital technology Yatra offers easy web check in facilities as well as updates on PNR Status.
What are the airline options that one can explore before booking Delhi to Mumbai flights?
Getting to Mumbai from Delhi has never been so easy. There are a plethora of options when it comes to Delhi Mumbai flights. Most, if not all the major airlines operate in this important sector to ensure seamless and frequent connectivity between Delhi and Mumbai. The airlines that one can choose from are as under:
• Air India
is the iconic and flagship carrier of India aligned to Air India Limited which is a government owned company. Air India flies to 90 domestic and international destinations.
is one of the reliable low cost airlines that is headquartered in Gurgaon, and a Delhi to Mumbai Indigo flight is always a good option.
• Delhi to Mumbai Go Air flights run by Go Air headquartered in Mumbai and owned by the Wadia group is a convenient way to get to Mumbai from Delhi.
is the third largest airline in country in terms of passengers and the Delhi to Mumbai flights Spicejet price is always economical considering that it is a low cost carrier.
• Jet Airways
is a premier airline which is second only to Indigo in terms of passenger share, a Delhi to Mumbai Jet Airways flight promises a hassle free experience.
• Vistara airlines is headquartered in Gurgaon and Indira Gandhi International Airport is its hub and provides a good option for flying to Mumbai from Delhi.
How to book cheap flight tickets from Delhi to Mumbai?
• Plan your trip in advance, the earlier you book the cheaper your flight ticket will be while the nearer you book near your departure date the ticket price will be dearer.
• If you are flexible with your dates and departure time there are more chances of getting a cheaper price on your Delhi to Mumbai air ticket cost. Generally flights leaving or arriving at odd hours tend to be cheaper.
• Lookout for promotional offers and deals as this is a great way to get some really cheap tickets as most airlines come up with these offers periodically. Availing this offer will assist in getting a more effective Delhi to Mumbai fare for your travel.
Quick Facts that you need to know around your Delhi to Mumbai flight route.
• The Delhi to Mumbai flights route is one of the busiest routes in the world.
• The Delhi to Mumbai flights distance is approx. 1,140 kilometres.
• The Delhi to Mumbai flight duration is usually in the range of two hours.
• A choice of budget and premier airlines fly on the Delhi Mumbai route connecting the political capital of India to the financial capital.
• Flight options are available from early morning to late night. You can check the Delhi to Mumbai flight schedule and also avail the facility of web check in on Yatra.com.
• You can also check the Delhi to Mumbai flight status for your journey on Yatra.com.
What are things that you need know about your Delhi to Mumbai flight travel?
About Delhi Airport and How To Get to It
• Your Delhi Mumbai flight will take off from the Indira Gandhi International Airport situated in the Palam area, New Delhi, Delhi-110037
• The Indira Gandhi International Airport currently has the capacity to handle 40 million passengers.
• Domestic flights at Delhi Airport
depart from the terminal 1D.
• Delhi Metro’s orange line runs till Terminal 3 of the Indira Gandhi International Airport from where one can get to Terminal 1D by the airport inter-terminal shuttles.
• The Terminal 1D can also be easily reached using prepaid taxis, cabs that run on apps, and the Government run public buses.
• Terminal 1 D is wheelchair accessible and provides a range of options for dining and also has some varied shopping options.
Don’t forget to carry these Documents
Though the Delhi Mumbai flight is within the country and does not necessitate much documentation, it is mandatory to carry a Government issued identity card in original. It can be any one of the following:
• PAN Card
• Valid Driving License
• Valid Passport
• EPIC(Election Photo Identification Card)
• For children without any of the above, their school identity card would suffice while infants would need their birth certificates.
About Mumbai Airport
• Your Delhi Mumbai flight will land at the Terminal-1 of the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport situated in Western Express Highway, Sahar, Andheri East, Mumbai - 400099
• Terminal 1 is the terminal for domestic airlines while the Termina 2 for international arrivals and departures is situated about 5 kilometers away.
• The Terminal 1 of Mumbai Airport
is conveniently accessed from the Western Express Highway.
• Traditional Taxis, app based cabs, and auto rickshaws can be used to travel to and from the airport.
Things you need to know to make your Mumbai stay a memorable one!
Mumbai is the financial capital of India, home to to National Stock Exchange as well as the iconic Bombay Stock Exchange located in Dalal Street. The Bombay Stock Exchange was established as early as 1875 and has the honour of being Asia’s first stock exchange. Mumbai is the wealthiest city in India and also the home of the thriving Hindi film industry known as Bollywood in popular parlance. Mumbai is the capital of Maharashtra state and is the most populous city in India.
The Mumbai Weather
Mumbai is a coastal city and the nearness to the Arabian Sea ensures that the temperatures are moderate throughout the year. However the weather is humid and dry for most parts of the year. Mumbai experiences the monsoon season from June to August and during this time the weather can be unpredictable with sunshine followed by heavy rains and vice-versa. It is advisable to move around with an umbrella or rain coat during the monsoon in Mumbai.
Things to Do In Mumbai
• Bite into a spicy Vada Pav when in Mumbai, Vada Pav is the iconic street snack of Mumbai and it ubiquitous by its presence.
• Drive down Marine Drive at night to witness the Queen’s necklace in all its splendour.
• Spend an evening on Juhu beach and taste some of the famous Mumbai Bhel Puri and other street food.
• Ride the Mumbai local trains and experience life like a local as well as riding on a railway that began operation in 1853.
• Have Bun Maska and a cup of Iranian tea at one of the vintage Irani Cafes.
Places to Visit in Mumbai
• Gateway of India, a structure that has come to be synonymous with Mumbai and its ethos. The Gateway of India was built as a symbolic gesture for welcoming King George V and Queen Mary to India in the year 1911.
• Elephanta Caves, The Elephanta Caves are situated on an island known as Elephanta Island which is about two kilometres away from the Gateway of India. One can reach Elephanta caves by taking a ride on a ferry from the Gateway of India. The caves consist of rock cut sculptures and it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Haji Ali Dargah, A 15th century Mosque with a tomb dedicated to a merchant-saint called Sayyed Peer Haji Ali Shah Bukhari. The structure is located about 500 metres inside the sea which can be accessed only during low tide.
Best Hotels Available in Mumbai
Mumbai offers a range of accommodation options that range from the budget to the premium and luxury. Some of the best hotels in Mumbai are Taj Mahal Hotel, The Oberoi, The Trident, The Leela, Courtyard by Marriott, JW Marriott Mumbai Sahar.
Popular hotels near Mumbai Airport
Mumbai offers a range of accommodation options that range from the budget to the premium and luxury. There are plenty of hotels near Mumbai Airport. Some of the most recommended hotels are Goldfinch Hotel, The Orchid Mumbai, Hotel Marine Plaza - A Sarovar Hotel, Ramee Guestline Hotel, Juhu and Hotel Sea Princess. You can also choose accomodation from a list of best hotels in Mumbai
based on different categories ranging like 5 star hotels in Mumbai
, 4 star hotels in Mumbai, 3 star hotels in Mumbai, budget hotels in Mumbai, cheap hotels in Mumbai
and resorts in Mumbai
for your perusal.