Pune is an industrial and educational hub, a metropolis that blends the quintessence of Maharashtrian culture with modernism. The largest city in the state, and being an educational hub, Pune draws in youngsters with its lively atmosphere in terms of food, music, and fashion. In recent years, it has also garnered a huge reputation as an IT hub with many multinational software companies setting up their offices here.
Considered as the cultural capital of the state, Pune is home to some popular attractions like Shaniwar Wada, Sinhagad, Aga Khan Palace, Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum and Pataleshwar. The city, well connected to other parts of the country, receives hordes of leisure and business travellers across the year. Beautiful hill stations like Lonavala and Khandala can easily be reached from Pune. One can also enjoy retail therapy at its best at the shopping districts in the city. Best Time to Visit Pune
While winter (October to March) is the best time to visit Pune, the monsoon period (July to September) offers great sightings in the hills around. Booking an air ticket from Delhi to Pune in advance will be beneficial, and one can avoid the last-minute hassles because of the massive influx of travellers. Find the best Delhi to Pune flight fare only on our website.
There are also many festivals and cultural events celebrated in Pune. The vibrant Ganesh Utsav is a grand 10-day festival in August-September. In December, experience the best of Indian classical music at the Sawai Gandharva Bhimsen Sangeet Mahotsav. So, book your Delhi to Pune flight and make sure you do not miss out the Ganesh Utsav!
Handy guide for Delhi to Pune flights Connectivity from the Pune Airport
The Pune Airport
(PNQ) is in Lohegaon, approximately 10 km north-east of the city centre. Transport from airport to the city includes buses, pre-paid taxis, regular taxis, and radio cabs. The PMPML operates A/C Airport Buses to the Pune Station every 30 min. A pre-paid taxi counter is found near the exit and metered taxis outside. Radio cabs like Ola and Uber can be pre-booked. KK Travels has shared cabs and charter cabs, while Wings offers carpooling facility. About Delhi airport
The Delhi Airport
is at Palam and is about 16 kilometres from the city centre. The airport code is DEL.
• The Plaza Premium Lounge offers world-class service with several amenities. You can also avail spa and massage services.
• You have a variety of choices for dining and shopping. Top brands have outlets and sell from apparels to beauty products. You can shop for wellness products, jewellery, electronics, gifts, toys, travel gear, and duty-free wines and spirits.
• With a plethora of Cafés, bars, restaurants, coffee shops, food courts and casual dining outlets, you have enough options for your taste buds.
• Conveniences provided by the airport include medical care (by Medanta), baggage wrapping, day-care rooms and play area, wheelchair assistance, free Wi-Fi (by Tata Docomo), and Airport Express Metro tickets. Offbeat Things to do in Pune
• Visit the Dagdusheth Halwai Temple:
Built by its namesake, this famous temple with the beautiful, bedecked Ganesha idol was the inspiration for Lokmanya Tilak to start the Ganesh festival in Maharashtra.
• Walk through the Pune-Okayama Friendship Garden:
Also called Pu La Deshpande, Okayama's Koraku-en Garden inspired this garden. Exotic flowers, creative landscapes, and a tranquil environment await you here.
• Explore Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum:
This intriguing museum from a private collection showcases Indian medieval history. It has sculptures, ivory, silver and gold items, musical instruments, war weapons, vessels etc.
• Shop at Phoenix Market City:
Inaugurated in 2013 and spread over 3.4 million square ft., this mall has a retail zone with international brands, a food court, and a 9-screen PVR Cinema.
• Climb the Vetal Tekdi for a panoramic view of Pune:
The Vetal hill at an elevation of 2600 feet gives you a clear view of the city spread out beneath you on a bright day. A protected area, it is an ideal morning-trek location.
All information about cheap flights
, flight schedules, hotel bookings, holiday packages, and much more, can be found on the Yatra website. You can also check out the details for flights to Pune
and return flights from Pune
. Get the lowest fare details via our Lowest Fare Finder.