One of the oldest cities in India, Chennai is home to traditional art forms like Bharatanatyam, Carnatic music, theatre, and much more. Beaches, temples, historical monuments, and the delectable South Indian cuisine make it a beloved tourist destination. Best time to visit Chennai
The best time to visit Chennai is from September to March when one can avoid both the monsoon and the sweltering summer. Many festivals are held in Chennai throughout the year. The most famous cultural one is the month-long ‘Margazhi Festival of Dance and Music’, held from mid-December to mid-January. Religious ones include Vellankanni (August), Navaratri (October), Karthigai Deepam (November), Pongal (January), and Aruvathimoovar Festival (March). Handy guide for Goa to Chennai flights Connectivity from the Chennai airport
The Chennai International Airport (MAA)
is in Tirusulam, 7 km (4.3 miles) south of the city. To reach the city, prepaid Airport taxis, car rentals, hotel Shuttles and buses, are available. Among Airport taxis, Aviation Express has the best reputation. Car rentals are provided by Avis, Hertz and Budget, with their desks in the arrival area. Public transport is through buses 18A and B18 (air-conditioned), which takes around 45 minutes to reach the city. Selected hotels run shuttles to and from the airport. About Goa airport
The Goa International Airport (Dabolim Airport)
is 4 km from the nearest city Vasco da Gama and about 30 km from the state capital Panjim. The airport code is GOI.
• The airport terminal has facilities like bank, ATMs, telephone, and access to paid Wi-Fi service. Free baggage trolleys, a first-aid room, and wheelchair assistance for mobility-impaired are also available.
• Snack bars and a restaurant are situated in the domestic terminal.
• Duty-free shops selling electronic items, toiletries, perfumes, cigarettes, liquor, etc. as well as outlets for general items, books, and clothes are available.
• There is no lounge facility available. For business meetings and conferences, you can avail the nearby Bogmallo Beach Resort. Offbeat things to do in Chennai
• Visit Fort St. George:
Built by the British East India Company in 1644, it is a British architectural marvel. It houses the beautiful St. Mary’s Church (oldest Anglican Church in India), the Fort Museum (with relics from colonial times), and Wellesley House.
• Take a sunset stroll along Marina Beach:
One of the longest urban beaches in the world, it stretches along the Coromandel Coast of the Bay of Bengal. A lighthouse at the southern end provides panoramic views of the city.
• Experience the ‘Artists’ Way of Life’ at the Cholamandal Artist Village:
Established in 1966, it is the largest artists’ commune in India. Started as a movement to bring modernism to art, it features art galleries, museums, and an open-air theater for dance and drama.
• Visit the Kapaleeshwarar Temple in Mylapore:
Built in the Dravidian architectural style, with an imposing gopuram, this hoary temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It even finds mention in the Sangam literature.
• Visit Prime Time:
It is an indoor amusement park for children in the suburb of Annanagar. Enjoy the various joy rides, games, and innovative activities which attracts a lot of children. Bumper Ride and Playpen are two popular activities here.
For the latest information on flight schedules, cheap flights
, holiday deals, hotel bookings, and airline options, log onto the Yatra website. Find all information about flights to Chennai
and return flights from Chennai