India’s capital city of Delhi is a bustling metropolis, a mélange of ancient monuments, and towering skyscrapers. The city still reflects the legacy left behind by the
many dynasties that made it their seat of power. The food stalls, busy streets, and historical buildings of Old Delhi are a delight to visit. The city is also a
shopping hub, with Chandni Chowk, Janpath Market, and Paharganj being the most famous ones.
Best time to visit Delhi
The best time to visit Delhi is between October and March when the weather in the city is at its best. National festivals like the Republic Day and Independence Day
are celebrated in the capital with much enthusiasm. ‘Phoolwalon-ki-Sair’ is a festival of the florists in Delhi. It is celebrated in the month of September or early
October. Another festival celebrated during this time is the Qutub Festival, which depicts the rich cultural heritage of India. It is usually celebrated in the month
of November or December.
Handy guide for Kochi to Delhi flights
Connectivity from the Delhi International Airport
The Indira Gandhi International Airport is 16 km from the city center of Delhi. The Delhi Metro is the fastest way to reach the city, which takes around 15 minutes of
commute time. You can board the metro from Terminal 3 of the airport to reach the city center. Taking the bus is the cheapest mode of transport from the Delhi Airport
The Delhi Transport Corporation(DTC) provides shuttle buses every 30 minutes from the airport to the city center. Rental cars and taxi services can also be availed
from the airport. If you have an early Kochi to Delhi flight
, you can book rental cabs which are available from the IGI Airport.
About Kochi airport
The Cochin International Airport is approximately 10 km from north-eastern Kochi. The airport code is COK.
• Free porterage services are available for the differently abled and old people
• Avail the facilities at the executive lounges or calm your mind at the prayer rooms before you Kochi to Delhi flight
• It is the first airport in the world to be fully operated by solar energy
Offbeat things to do in Delhi
• Visit the light and sound show at the Red Fort
- Witness a spectacular light and sound show at this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Street food at Connaught Place
- Savor the best of Delhi’s street food in Connaught Place, which is famous for dishes like the naan and
• Visit Crafts Museum
- The Crafts Museum located in Pragati Maidan is one of the largest crafts museums in India. Many craftsmen can be
seen demonstrating their skills in pottery, embroidery, and weaving.
• National School of Drama
- Watch a play for affordable ticket prices in the National School of Drama, which has trained many of
• Take a walk in the Lodi Gardens
- The lush and tranquil environment of the Lodi Gardens are perfect for a walk. It has lush green expanses and
many historical buildings like the tombs of Mohammed Shah and Sikandar Lodi.
Find all information about flights to Delhi
and return flights from Delhi
on Yatra. Yatra’s Lowest Fare Finder helps you find the cheap flight
tickets to your travel destination. You can also check flight schedules
and book your Kochi to Delhi flight