India is a vast country and getting from one end to the other end has always been challenging and consuming. Of course the Railways have been the lifeline connecting all corners of the country, but there has always been a need for faster forms of transportation, and hence the development of the Indian aviation industry. The growth rate of the aviation industry has been showing a healthy trend and clocking anywhere between 15-20 percent in the last few years. The Indian aviation industry today is third only to the US and China in terms of domestic passenger traffic handled and is set to overtake both of them in the next couple of decades.
Flying today has emerged from the realms dreams into reality for millions of Indians thanks to the entry of low cost carriers. The budget airlines have revolutionized the Indian aviation industry and brought flying within reach of more and more people. In fact, the domestic aviation industry in India today is giving a run for its money to the Railways. When a citizen of India thinks of traveling from one destination to another today air travel
is definitely what they consider first considering that air ticket
costs have never been lower than what they are today.
Yatra, your favourite travel partner has always been the forefront of offering the best and state of the art services. Yatra as always endeavours to push the frontiers of excellence and leaves no stone unturned to provide a holistic and pleasant user experience to its customers across a varied array of services ranging from flight booking
to the ease of checking flight status
and PNR status
and right up to web check in
The Yatra portal helps customers in every aspect and answers all their queries about their Mumbai to Chennai flight ticket like:
Q. What would be the Mumbai to Chennai flight fare?
You find the answer with all available options when you input details of your preferred date of travel in the search option of the Yatra portal.
Q. What is my Mumbai to Chennai flight status?
By logging on to the real time flight tracker on Yatra you will be directed to the official website of your chosen airline for the latest updates.
Q. What is the Mumbai to Chennai flight duration?
This question will get answered at the time of booking your ticket on the Yatra portal itself, the flight duration and departure and arrival times will be shown against each option available.
Q. What is the Mumbai to Chennai flight hours?
Depending on the flight you are booked in this will be shown at the time of booking.
Q. Can I get some idea of the Mumbai to Chennai flight time taken?
Depending on the flight you are booked in this will be shown at the time of booking.
What are the airline options that one can explore before booking cheap flight tickets from Mumbai to Chennai
Getting to Chennai from Mumbai today is quite hassle free. There are a so many choices available for flying from Mumbai to Chennai. All the major airline operators fly to Chennai. One can choose from the following airlines for traveling from Mumbai to Chennai.
● Air India which is the oldest airline in the country and also happens to be the National Carrier of India. Air India flies to 90 domestic and international destinations including Chennai.
● If you are looking for an economical and at the same time reliable option, then a Mumbai to Chennai Indigo flight
is always a good option. Indigo happens to be the largest domestic airline in India in terms of passenger share
● Mumbai to Chennai Go Air flights
run by Go Air headquartered in Chennai and owned by the Wadia group is definitely an economical and convenient way to reach Chennai from Mumbai
● Spicejet is the third largest airline in country in terms of passengers and the Mumbai to Chennai flights Spicejet
price is always competitive considering that it is a low cost carrier
● If you are looking at a premium option to fly to Chennai from Mumbai, then Jet Airways is a good option. Jet Airways is a premier airline which is second only to Indigo in terms of passenger share, a Mumbai to Chennai Jet Airways flight
promises a comfortable and hassle free experience
● Vistara, a venture of Tata Sia Limited is an airline that is headquartered in Gurgaon and Indira Gandhi International Airport is its hub and provides a good option for flying to Chennai from Mumbai
How to book?
● Wherever possible try and plan your trip in advance, the earlier you book the cheaper your Mumbai to Chennai flight ticket will be while the nearer you book to your departure date the ticket price is going to be more expensive, so do not end up in a situation where you book your Mumbai to Chennai flights today
, meaning on the day of travel.
● If you have a flexible itinerary, then juggle with your dates and departure times to find the most economical fare and there are more chances of getting a cheaper price on your Mumbai to Chennai air ticket cost
. Look out for late night or early morning flights as these are likely to be cheaper.
● Take advantage of promotional prices announced by airlines around festivals and other events.
Quick Facts that you need to know around your Mumbai to Chennai flight route.
● The Mumbai to Chennai flights distance
is approx. 1,036 kilometres
● The Mumbai to Chennai flight time
is usually in the range of 110 minutes
● There is a wide choice of budget and premier airlines to fly from Mumbai to Chennai
● Flights are available from early morning to late night. You can check the Mumbai to Chennai flight schedule
and also avail the facility of web check in on Yatra.com
● More than 160 flights
take off from Mumbai for Chennai every week
What are things that you need know about your Mumbai to Chennai flight travel?
About Mumbai Airport and How to Get to It
● Your Mumbai Chennai flight will take off from the Terminal-1 of the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
situated in Western Express Highway, Sahar, Andheri East, Mumbai - 400 099.
● Terminal 1 is the terminal for domestic airlines while the Terminal 2 for international arrivals and departures is situated about 5 kilometres away.
● The Terminal 1 of the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is conveniently accessed from the Western Express Highway.
● Traditional Taxis, app based cabs, and auto rickshaws can be used to travel to and from the airport as well as the city buses.
Don’t forget to carry these documents
Though the Mumbai Chennai flight is within the country and does not necessitate much documentation, it is mandatory to carry a Government issued identity card in original. It can be any one of the following:
● PAN Card
● Valid Driving License
● Valid Passport
● EPIC (Election Photo Identification Card)
● For children without any of the above, their school identity card would suffice while infants would need their birth certificates
About Chennai Airport
● Your Mumbai Chennai flight will land at the Domestic terminal of the Chennai International Airport
also referred to as Meenambakkam Airport located at GST Road, Meenambakkam, Chennai-600027
● The Chennai International Airport has only domestic and international terminals adjacent to each other
● The Chennai International Airport lies about 21 kilometres from the city centre of Chennai
● Taxis, app based cabs, auto rickshaws and buses are available to reach the city centre from the airport
Things you need to know to make your Chennai stay a memorable one!
Chennai which is the Capital of Tamil Nadu was earlier known Madras. The city has a rich heritage and culture and its roots can be traced as far back as the 1st century CE. In fact archaeologists have also unearthed stone age implements near at a place called Pallavaram in Chennai. Today Chennai is one of the most important metros of India with a teeming population of close to 5 million. Chennai is situated on the Coromandel coast hugging the Bay of Bengal.
The Chennai Weather
Chennai has a tropical climate that is both wet and dry. Summers are hot with lots of humidity. The summer months which are from March to June see temperatures soaring as high as 40 degrees centigrade. The coolest period is around the month of January which sees temperatures between 19 to 25 degrees centigrade. The months between October to Decmber is when Chennai gets most of its rains from the returning monsoons. Chennai is prone to cyclones and has been hit by many in the past.
Things to Do in Chennai
● Take a walk along the 13 kilometre long Marina Beach
● Have a breakfast of Idli and Vada washed down with some authentic Filter Coffee
● Go shopping on the vibrant streets of Pondy Bazaar
● Go on a day trip to Mahabalipuram and explore the rock cut temples
Chennai is known as soul of Southern India. Here are 6 Astounding Places of Chennai You Should be Exploring:
Places to Visit in Chennai
● Fort St. George, a stronghold that was built in the 17th century and still serves as one of the headquarters for the legislative assembly of the state
● VGP amusement park, a theme park that is getaway for the family
● Guindy National Park, a unique national park that is situated inside a city
There is so much that the city offers to visitors and this is just a glimpse of the experiences that it promises. If you love architecture then check this out:, Explore These Gems of British Architecture In Chennai On Your Next Trip:
Best Hotels Available in Chennai
Chennai offers a range of accommodation options that range from the budget to the premium and luxury. Some of the best hotels in Chennai are ITC Grand Chola, Grand By GRT Hotels, Taj Coromandel, park Hyatt, Hilton Chennai.
Popular hotels near Chennai Airport
Chennai offers a range of accommodation options that range from the budget to the premium and luxury. There are plenty of hotels near Chennai Airport. Some of the most recommended hotels are Savera Hotel, The Spring Hotel, The Park Chennai, Ambassador Pallava Chennai and Ramada Chennai Egmore. You can also choose accomodation from a list of best hotels in Chennai
based on different categories ranging like 5 star hotels in Chennai
, 4 star hotels in Chennai, 3 star hotels in Chennai, budget hotels in Chennai, cheap hotels in Chennai
and resorts in Chennai
for your perusal.