India which is one of the most diverse in the world in terms of landscapes, languages and culture is linked by the complex and intricate channels of transportation and logistics by rail, road, and air . In recent times the growth rate of the aviation industry has been showing a healthy trend and clocking anywhere between 15-20 percent in the last few years. The Indian aviation industry today is third only to the US and China in terms of domestic passenger traffic handled and is set to overtake both of them in the next couple of decades.
Flying today has emerged from the realms dreams into reality for millions of Indians thanks to the entry of low cost carriers. The budget airlines have revolutionized the Indian aviation industry and brought flying within reach of more and more people. In fact, the domestic aviation industry in India today is giving a run for its money to the Railways. When a citizen of India thinks of traveling from one destination to another today air travel
is definitely what they consider first considering that air ticket
costs have never been lower than what they are today.
Yatra, your favourite travel partner has always been the forefront of the aviation revolution that has been creating waves in the Indian market. Yatra as always endeavours to push the frontiers of excellence and leaves no stone unturned to provide a holistic and pleasant user experience to its customers across a varied array of services ranging from flight booking
to the ease of checking flight status
and PNR status
and right up to web check in
The Yatra portal helps customers in every aspect and answers all their queries about their Mumbai to Kolkata flight ticket like:
Q. What would be the Mumbai to Kolkata flight fare?
You find the answer with all available options when you input details of your preferred date of travel in the search option of the Yatra portal.
Q. What is my Mumbai to Kolkata flight status?
By logging on to the real time flight tracker on Yatra you will be directed to the official website of your chosen airline for the latest updates.
Q. What is the Mumbai to Kolkata flight duration?
This question will get answered at the time of booking your ticket on the Yatra portal itself, the flight duration and departure and arrival times will be shown against each option available.
Q. What is the Mumbai to Kolkata flight hours?
Depending on the flight you are booked in this will be shown at the time of booking.
Q. Can I get some idea of the Mumbai to Kolkata flight time taken?
Depending on the flight you are booked in this will be shown at the time of booking.
What are the airline options that one can explore before booking cheap flight tickets from Mumbai to Kolkata
Getting to Kolkata from Mumbai today is quite hassle free. There are a so many choices available for flying from Mumbai to Kolkata. All the major airline operators fly to Kolkata. One can choose from the following airlines for traveling from Mumbai to Kolkata.
● Air India which is the oldest airline in the country and also happens to be the National Carrier of India. Air India flies to 90 domestic and international destinations including Kolkata.
● If you are looking for an economical and at the same time reliable option, then a Mumbai to Kolkata Indigo flight
is always a good option. Indigo happens to be the largest domestic airline in India in terms of passenger share.
● Mumbai to Kolkata Go Air flights
run by Go Air headquartered in Kolkata and owned by the Wadia group is definitely an economical and convenient way to reach Kolkata from Mumbai.
● Spicejet is the third largest airline in country in terms of passengers and the Mumbai to Kolkata flights Spicejet
price is always competitive considering that it is a low cost carrier.
● If you are looking at a premium option to fly to Kolkata from Mumbai, then Jet Airways is a good option. Jet Airways is a premier airline which is second only to Indigo in terms of passenger share, a Mumbai to Kolkata Jet Airways flight promises a comfortable and hassle free experience.
● Vistara, a venture of Tata Sia Limited is an airline that is headquartered in Gurgaon and Indira Gandhi International Airport is its hub and provides a good option for flying to Kolkata from Mumbai.
How to book?
● Wherever possible try and plan your trip in advance, the earlier you book the cheaper your Mumbai to Kolkata flight ticket will be while the nearer you book to your departure date the ticket price is going to be more expensive, so do not end up in a situation where you book your Mumbai to Kolkata flights today
, meaning on the day of travel.
● If you have a flexible itinerary, then juggle with your dates and departure times to find the most economical fare and there are more chances of getting a cheaper price on your Mumbai to Kolkata air ticket cost
. Look out for late night or early morning flights as these are likely to be cheaper.
● With price wars between airline companies and competition for passenger share, the airlines come up with promotional offers and campaigns. Keep a lookout for these and and take advantage of the lower prices.
Quick Facts that you need to know around your Mumbai to Kolkata flight route.
● The Mumbai to Kolkata flights distance
is approx. 1,669 kilometres
● The Mumbai to Kolkata flight time
is usually in the range of two and a half hours
● There is a wide choice of budget and premier airlines to fly from Mumbai to Kolkata
● Flights are available from early morning to late night. You can check the Mumbai to Kolkata flight schedule
and also avail the facility of web check in on Yatra.com.
What are things that you need know about your Mumbai to Kolkata flight travel?
About Mumbai Airport and How to Get to It
● Your Mumbai Kolkata flight will take off from the Terminal-1 of the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
situated in Western Express Highway, Sahar, Andheri East, Mumbai - 400 099.
● Terminal 1 is the terminal for domestic airlines
while the Terminal 2 for international arrivals and departures is situated about 5 kilometres away.
● The Terminal 1 of the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is conveniently accessed from the Western Express Highway.
● Traditional Taxis, app based cabs, and auto rickshaws can be used to travel to and from the airport as well as the city buses.
Don’t forget to carry these documents
Though the Mumbai Kolkata flight is within the country and does not necessitate much documentation, it is mandatory to carry a Government issued identity card in original. It can be any one of the following:
● PAN Card
● Valid Driving License
● Valid Passport
● EPIC (Election Photo Identification Card)
● For children without any of the above, their school identity card would suffice while infants would need their birth certificates
About Kolkata Airport
● Your Mumbai Kolkata flight will land at the Domestic terminal of the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport situated in Jessore Road, Dum Dum, Kolkata, West Bengal 700052
● The Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport
has only one terminal which integrates domestic and international operations, it consists of 5 floors
● The Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport lies about 17 kilometres from the city centre of Kolkata
● Taxis, app based cabs, and buses are available to reach the city centre from the airport
Things you need to know to make your Kolkata stay a memorable one!
Kolkata which is the Capital of West Bengal which was earlier known by its anglicized name of Calcutta is also popular as, “The City of Joy”. In many ways Kolkata is considered as the cultural capital of the country. Archaeological evidence point to the fact that the region where the city of Kolkata now stands has been inhabited for more than two thousand years. Kolkata boast of getting the first Metro Railway in the country as early as 1984. The iconic imagery associated with Kolkata includes the Rosogolla, an Indian dessert as well as the vibrancy of Durga Puja. Cultural luminaries including Rabindranath Tagore and Satyajit Ray are associated with the city of Kolkata.
The Kolkata Weather
Kolkata has a tropical climate that is both wet and dry. Summers are hot with lots of humidity. The summer months which are from March to June see temperatures soaring as high as 40 degrees centigrade. Winter lasts for a little over two months between December and January and sees temperatures between 12 to 23 degrees centigrade. The months between June to September is when the rains arrive in Kolkata. Kolkata is prone to cyclones and has been hit by many in the past.
Things to Do in Kolkata
● Enjoy the famous sweets of Bengal like Rosogulla, Sandesh and others
● Do Pandal hopping if you happen to be in Kolkata during the Durga Puja
● Experience the thrill of riding on one of the iconic trams of Kolkata
● Explore the streets of India’s only Chinatown
Also, if you love heritage walks, here are 3 Best Heritage Walks In Kolkata:
Places to Visit in Kolkata
● Howrah Bridge, the iconic landmark of Kolkata is definitely a must see when you are there
● Victoria Memorial Hall, an imposing and impressive structure dedicated to Queen Victoria houses a museum and expansive gardens
● Belur Math founded by Swami Vivekananda and now is the headquarters of the Ramakrishna Math
There is so much that the city of joy offers to visitors and this is just a glimpse of the experiences that it promises, refer to the 8 Reasons Kolkata Makes It To Your Must-Visit Bucket List:
Best Hotels Available in Kolkata
Kolkata offers a range of accommodation options that range from the budget to the premium and luxury. Some of the best hotels in Kolkata are Hyatt, Regency, The Lalit Great Eastern, The Taj Eastern, and the Novotel Kolkata Hotel and Residence.