With SBI Credit Card
On Domestic hotels
On Domestic Hotels
On Domestic Hotels
for Domestic hotels
Earn Free Travel Vouchers
On Domestic Hotels
On Flights & Hotels
On Flights, Hotels & Bus
With Airtel Money Wallet & Payments Bank
on Hotels in India
Instant confirmation on hotels
Book 3 star hotels in Kolhapur through Yatra.com and get amazing deals. Know about the best 3 star hotels in Kolhapur with their services, amenities, and read reviews from people before you make the final booking. Use promo code HOTEL18 and get up to 70% OFF on Kolhapur hotels booking.
Situated in the heart of Maharashtra, Kolhapur is one true example of vivacity and vibrancy. Once a nineteen-gun salute princely state under the rule of Bhosale Chhatrapati (pre- independence), the city has seen royal days.. Set in the Sahayadri mountains of Western Ghats, Kolhapur is an inland city with a cool climate and abundant rainfall. The city is a prime venue for the Marathi film industry and endowed with various tourist attractions. Literally famous for Kolhapuri sandals and jewellery, the city sees massive footfall each year. There are many 3 star hotels in Kolhapur that offer budget accommodation to visitors and ensure a pleasant stay experience. Connectivity
Kolhapur is well- connected and has a growing transport network. Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Terminus connects it to major cities via rail and the city being located on NH-4 and NH 204 ensures good road connectivity. Kolhapur has its own domestic airport and the nearest international airports are in Pune and Goa.
Attractions in the city:
• Mahalaxmi Temple: Built in seventh century during the Chalukya rule, this temple is famous for its carvings and workmanship. The main statue, for goddess Laxmi or Ambabai is bejewelled and monolithic in structure.
• Rankala Lake: A manmade lake, it is famous for the recreational facilities it provides. There are numerous attractions around it, like the Padpath Udyan i.e. lakeside walk.
• Temples: Kolhapur has many religious structures. Jyotiba Temple, Kopeshwar Temple and Binkhambi Ganesh Mandir are few of the venues to mark on the bucket list.
• Bhavani Mandap: One of the oldest structure, Bhavani Mandap holds a place of reverence among the people. Built around 1800s, it is a majestic structure with idols and master craftsmanship of structure.
• Irwin Agricultural Museum: Also called Swaraj Bhawan, this museum is located in the heart of the city and displays various farm equipment, coins and pottery items of yore.
• Ajara: Famous for being the birthplace of novelist Shree Shivajirao Sawant, Ajara is located on the banks of two rivers. Nearby hill station of Amboli and its various attractions like waterfalls and Sahyadri forests make it a popular destination.
• Maharaja’s Palace: This is the palace where the King resided. It is flanked by a museum on the ground floor (Shahuji Chhatrapati Museum, Kolhapur), a lake, a park and contains a melange of things a traveller may expect to see in a Mahal. Also referred to as New Palace, it was built in 1884. Pets aren’t allowed and there are particular visit timings.
• Gaganbavada: Gaganbavada is a hill station located a few kms away from the main city and is a huge tourist attraction. Accessible through buses and taxis, it is best visited in non-monsoon seasons as it receives ample rainfall.
Best Hotels in Kolhapur:
Kolhapur has many 3 star hotels that provide the best of amenities to its guests. Some of them are as follows:
• Hotel Chaitali: Located on Kadamwadi road, Hotel Chaitali is a good 3 star hotel in Kolhapur. The space is wheelchair friendly and promises modern, equipped rooms; the in-house restaurant provides, vegetarian/ Jain food and local delicacies. Other amenities include free Wi-Fi, board room, complimentary parking, dry cleaning and postal facilities.
• Citrus Hotel: Situated in New Shahupuri, this hotel is close to the railway station. CCTV security, board rooms, smoking/ non- smoking rooms, vegetarian/Jain meals, conference halls, suites, and laundry service (payable) are some of the facilities provided
• Hotel Silver Oak: One of the three star hotels in Kolhapur, this is located near Mahalaxmi Temple. The place promises free Wi-Fi, laundry service for a charge, restaurant, taxi service, express check in/out, complimentary parking and banquet facilities. Hotel K Tree: This is one of the Kolhapur three star hotels located in Shivaji Park. The amenities provided are many including access to a rooftop garden, board rooms, and multi cuisine restaurant. There is locker facility, conference facility, local tour assistance, car rental and flower shop available. Wheelchairs are also available.
• Hotel Vrishali Executive: Located in Tarabai Park, this is one of the best three star hotels and is ideal for group/family travelling. The space promises a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, poolside bar, squash court, pool terrace, rooftop garden, taxi service, car rental, private parking and conference/convention halls. The hotel is in the vicinity of tourist destinations.
• Hotel Pearl: Located in New Shahupuri, this hotel is also close to Mahalaxmi Temple. The amenities include Wi-Fi facilities, LCD TV, mini fridge, conference facilities, bar, doctor-on-call, currency exchange, taxi service and dining hall. The space is wheelchair accessible.
• Hotel Woodland: One of the best 3 star hotels in Kolhapur, Woodland is located in Tarabai Park and provides a slew of facilities at an affordable range. Some of these are suites, speciality restaurants, café, laptop, courier service, packed lunches, taxi service, board room, conference hall, car rental, beauty salon plus ironing and laundry service.
• Hotel Radiant: Hotel Radiant is located near New Shahupuri and is close to both the bus stand and railway station. The amenities provided are free Wi-Fi, complimentary parking, packed lunches, free local calls and 24-hour security.
• Krishna Inn: Krishna Inn is situated in Tarabai Park and sounds promising for business gatherings. In the vicinity of tourist locations, this hotel provides a bar, free Wi-Fi, banquet facilities, meeting rooms, tea/ coffee maker, air conditioning and king-size beds and on-site restaurant.
• Hotel Rasika Renaissance: This hotel is in the vicinity of tourist spots such as New Palace Museum and Zoo (5 km), Bhavani Mandap (5 km), Binkhambi Ganesh Mandir (6 km) and Rankala Lake (7 km). The amenities provided are in-house gym, bar, conference hall, free Wi-Fi, soundproof rooms, CCTV cameras, taxi service, breakfast service and valet parking. The space promises a welcome feel.
While the city does sport international food brands, it would be a sin to choose them over delectable local flavours of Kolhapuri Lavangi, Kolhapuri jaggery, special mutton dishes, Kolhapuri Misal, Kolhapuri Bhel, Pandhararassa and Tambda. Every delicacy has a deep imprint of the city. So eat and shop away in the royal city of palaces and gardens!
To Submit your question please Login or Signup