With SBI Credit Card
On Domestic hotels
On Domestic Hotels
On Domestic Hotels
for Domestic hotels
Earn Free Travel Vouchers
On Domestic Hotels
On Flights & Hotels
On Flights, Hotels & Bus
With Airtel Money Wallet & Payments Bank
on Hotels in India
Instant confirmation on hotels
Book 3 star hotels in Mcleodganj through Yatra.com and get amazing deals. Know about the best 3 star hotels in Mcleodganj with their services, amenities, and read reviews from people before you make the final booking. Use promo code HOTEL18 and get up to 70% OFF on Mcleodganj hotels booking.
Mcleodganj is a famous holiday destination and a suburb in Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh. Located in the Kangra district, it is affectionately named as Dhasa or Little Lhasa on account of the sizeable Tibetan population living here. Mcleodganj is located 2,082 meters above sea level on the Dhauladhar Range and the highest peak called Hanuman ka Tibba reaches 5,639 meters. Mcleodganj derives its name from Sir Donald Friell McLeod who served as the former Lieutenant Governor of Punjab—the ganj suffix translates into neighborhood. Mcleodganj also hosts the Dharamshala International Film Festival (DIFF), which started from the year 2012 onwards.
Kangra Airport, the nearest airport, is located 15 kilometers away from Dharamshala. The Kangra Valley railway lines are located at Nagrota and Kangra. Tourism is the biggest industry in Mcleodganj while many people also come here to pursue higher education. The area is famous for its Tibetan and Buddhist arts, crafts, and culture. There are several attractive Tibetan handicrafts found here along with garments, carpets, and souvenirs. The growing influx of tourists has led to the setting up of several three star hotels in Mcleodganj.
There are several attractions for tourists in and around Mcleodganj. Here’s taking a look at some of them:
• Kalachakra Temple: This famous temple is located on the suburb’s Main Street and is a must-visit for tourists.
• Tsuglagkhang: This is also called Tsuglag Khang or the Temple of the Dalai Lama and is one of the most important sites for Buddhists. There are awe inspiring statues of Padmasambhava, Shakyamuni, and Avalokitesvara.
• Namgyal Monastery: This is an important attraction for tourists and will awe travelers with its serenity and ascetic way of life.
• Library of Tibetan Works and Archives: This library gives an insight into the rich cultural and social history of Tibet and its population.
• Chamunda: This is a major pilgrimage site for Hindus and is worth a visit.
• Osho Nisarga: An Osho Retreat for followers and visitors, this is another attraction worth seeing.
• Triund Hill: The Triund Hill is the base camp site for trekkers who wish to scale the Dhauladhar Mountains till the Inderahara point. This ridge looks onto the Dhauladhar Mountains and there is a 10-kilometer trek for a single day from the Mcleodganj bus stand, and can also be reached after trekking for 6 kilometers from the Galu temple, which is located near Dharamkot.
• St. John in the Wilderness: This is a famous Anglican Church located near Forsyth Ganj in the forest. The neoclassical architectural touches fused with Gothic elements make this a sight to behold. There is an ancient graveyard and memorial for Lord Elgin, the British Viceroy.
• Dal Lake: Dal Lake is situated approximately 3 kilometers away from Mcleodganj and is famous for the annual fairs that take place every year. There is an ancient temple near this lake along with a spring.
• Bhagsu Falls: This waterfall is around 20 meters tall and is located 2 kilometers away from Mcleodganj. There is a café adjacent to the waterfall and this is a popular picnic spot for visitors as well. The Bhagsunath Temple is located in this area and is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
3 Star Hotels in Mcleodganj
If you are looking for Mcleodganj hotels 3 star options, there are plenty of choices available. There are several Mcleodganj 3 star hotels available for tourists and pilgrims. Here’s taking a look at some of the best 3 star hotels in Mcleodganj:
• Fortune Park Moksha: Fortune Park Moksha wins brownie points for its strategic location amidst the Strawberry Hills, and offers gorgeous views of the Dhauladhar Mountains and the Dharamshala Valley. The hotel is located just 5 kilometers away from the main square and offers premium amenities including a pool, restaurant, room service, spa, bar cum lounge, fitness center with gymnasium, free Wi-Fi, activities for kids, dry cleaning, business center, meeting rooms, conference and concierge facilities, air conditioning, banquet room, and laundry services.
• Hotel Anuj Regency: Hotel Anuj Regency is located at Bhagsunag and lies just 10.1 kilometers away from the city center and offers amenities like a restaurant, free Wi-Fi, room service, laundry facilities, babysitting services, and shuttle bus services.
• The M Hotel: The M Hotel lies 100 meters away from the main bus stand on Temple Road and offers easy access to major shopping hubs and the Dalai Lama’s Monastery. There are Deluxe, Standard, Economy, Family, and Super Deluxe Suites. There is free Wi-Fi and laundry services along with 24-hour front desk support, a restaurant, room service, bar cum lounge, dry cleaning, banquet room, business center, concierge services, and conference facilities.
• Hotel The Oak Valley: Located at Bhagsunag, the hotel offers lovely views and lies adjacent to the Dalai Lama’s monastery. It offers gorgeous views of a Deodar forest and comes with amenities like a restaurant, room service, free Wi-Fi, laundry service, and dry cleaning facilities.
• Hotel Lhasa: Hotel Lhasa is located at the Main Square in Mcleodganj. The hotel has its own in-house restaurant along with 10 rooms. All other necessary amenities are available for guests.
• Green Hotel: Green Hotel offers free internet access along with a restaurant and there are 35 rooms available for tourists.
To Submit your question please Login or Signup