Looking for 3 star hotels in Vijayawada?
“With scrumptious fruits, sensational sweets and scenic marvels, Vijayawada literally translates to 'The Place of Victory” - Vijayawada Tourism
- Vijayawada is often referred to as the business capital of the Andhra Pradesh and is also affectionately called the ‘place of victory’ where Goddess Durga rested after she conquered the demons and Evil. Vijayawada is situated on the banks of the Krishna River and offers several attractions to visitors. With River Budameru on its north, the Indrakeeladri Mountain on its west and the Bay of Bengal in the east, Vijayawada is a blessed land.
This city is a treasure trove for shoppers and is famous for its handicrafts, handloom products, textiles, Kalamkari paintings, and precious stones. Several 3 star hotels in Vijayawada offer budget accommodation for travelers visiting the city.
Places to visit
• Undavalli Caves (5 km) -
These caves are famous for their 7th century carvings. It is a place of refuge for Buddhist monks during heavy monsoons. There is a gargantuan Lord Buddha monolith here, which depicts him in a reclining pose.
• Rajiv Gandhi Park (5km) –
The park can be accessed between 2-8 PM and comes with several attractions for visitors like the musical fountain and the mini-zoo.
• Gandhi Hill (5.8km) -
This is a unique memorial to the Father of the Nation which has 7 stupas. This memorial was constructed at an elevation of 500 ft on the hill. There is a 16 meter stupa here along with a planetarium and the well-known Gandhi Memorial Library.
• Bhavani Island –
Located on the river Krishna, this is one of the biggest such islands in the state. This zone is transformed into a beautiful riverside resort covering a whopping 133 acres by the tourism department.
• Kanaka Durga Temple (6.3 km) -
The Kanaka Durga Temple is situated on the Indrakeeladri hill which offers amazing views of the entire city and the river. This is a major hotspot for pilgrims and visitors and also spots inscriptions from several well-known dynasties from the past. Devotees usually prefer to visit this temple during the vibrant Vijayadashami festival, after bathing in the Krishna River.
• Marakata Rajarajeswari Temple (3.1km) -
This temple is built in a unique pattern and the intricate carvings indicate the true essence of the mother Goddess Srichakra.
• Ammavari Temple –
This temple is one of the most popular attractions for tourists in the city. Located in Chitinagar, it is maintained impeccably by the Nagaralu folk.
• Mangalagiri(12 km) -
This is a famous temple dedicated to Lord Narasimha and is located on the hillock, offering lovely views. The unique thing about this temple is that you can only offer half of panakam or jaggery diluted in water to the idol without the size of the vessel being a consideration.
• Hazarat Bal Mosque –
Prophet Mohammad’s relics are present here and there is a major celebration annually which is thronged by both Muslims and non-Muslims.
• Hinkar Thirtha -
The artistry and design of this well-known Jain temple is definitely something to behold! This is also one of the largest such temples in the region.
• Gunadala Mary Matha Church -
Also called St. Mary’s Church, it attracts visitors with its convenient location on the hilltop in eastern Vijayawada. The sheer serenity of this place will captivate visitors.
• The airport at Vijayawada is at Gannavaram, almost 20 km away from the heart of the city. Regular flight services are available from the city of Vijayawada to Vishakhapatnam and Hyderabad. International travelers need to get connecting flights from the Hyderabad airport.
• The National Highway 16 passes through Vijayawada, linking Kolkata and Chennai. Several tourist bus service providers offer A/C, deluxe and super deluxe bus services from the city of Vijayawada to many important cities in Central and South India.
• The railway junction at Vijayawada is a major railway station on the Chennai-Delhi and the Chennai-Howrah railway line.
3 Star Hotels in Vijayawada
• Hotel Southern Grand -
Located 0.5 km away from Railway station and 19 km away from airport, it is a well-known 3 star hotel in Vijayawada. It offers 37 rooms on three floors with amenities like Wi-Fi, valet parking, restaurant, central AC, mini bar, foreign exchange on request, laundry facility etc.
• The Kay Hotel -
Located in Gunadala, this is one of a best 3 star hotels in Vijayawada. There are 5 types of rooms here to enjoy luxury at a budget. Amenities include coffee/tea maker in the room, hi-speed internet connectivity and Wi-Fi facility, satellite television , shower cubicle, coffee shop, 24hrs room dining, multi-cuisine restaurant, bar, banquet/ conference hall facility and help desk.
• Fortune Murali Park -
Situated 5 km away from the Kanaka Durga Temple and the Akkanna Madanna cave temple, this one of the best choices in Vijayawada three star hotels. The well decorated rooms with wood furnishings and amenities like free Wi-Fi, work desk, safe, mini bar, tea and coffee maker. Other facilities include a Chinese restaurant, café, bar, gym, business centre, meeting rooms and event space.
• Thanmayi Inn –
A business class three star hotel in Vijayawada located near Gannavaram Airport, this is the best three star hotel in its location. Amenities include Wi-Fi, parking, wake up call, multi-cuisine restaurant, AC rooms etc.
• Hotel Sri UMA International -
Situated 1.8 Km away from Railway Station, it is one of the best and affordable 3 star hotel in Vijayawada. Facilities include Wi-Fi, doctor on call, multilingual services, hot and cold water, AC rooms etc. There are 6 types of accommodation to suit travelers with different budget.
Recommended hotel in Vijayawada
- Hotel Manorama is an imposing building with 10 floors, housing 80 rooms and has elevator access. The hotel is located within walking distance of Vijayawada railways station. Guests can indulge in gourmet meals at the restaurant, sip coffee at the cafe and chill over drinks at the bar.
Other amenities include airport transport on chargeable basis, WiFi, banquet facility with audio-visual equipment, power backup a travel counter to help tour the place.