Kindly share feedback on your search experience
Thank you for your valuable feedback
Filter your Search
Wed, 30 Sep (1 Night) Choose Dates Click Here to enter journey dates and view all prices
Book 3 star hotels in Wayanad through Yatra.com and get amazing deals. Know about the best 3 star hotels in Wayanad with their services, amenities, and read reviews from people before you make the final booking. Use promo code BONANZA18 and get Upto 70% on Wayanad hotels booking.
The name Wayanad immediately conjures images of God’s own country, Kerala. Wayanad is tucked away in the ranges of the Western Ghats and forms the border to the lush greens of Kerala. Impeccably clean and captivating, Wayanad is steeped in rich history and culture. Located just 70 km away from Kozhikode, this beautiful hill station in Kerala is home to dense forests and amazing wildlife. Wayanad also enjoys a tactical location as the chief tourist centers offering connectivity to places in South India like Ooty, Mysore, Coorg, and Bangalore are in proximity.
Wayanad experiences a wholesome climate all round the year. The foggy weather of Wayanad offers a diverse range of trekking options for adventure freaks, as well as plantation visits and exciting wildlife tours for tourists.
Wayanad is one of the highly popular tourist destinations in the southern part of India. It attracts explorers by large numbers at various time of the year. Therefore, there are many available hotel options for tourists, catering to diverse preferences.
• Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary: Comprises both Nagarahole and Tholpetty wildlife sanctuary. This is one of the must-visit regions in Wayanad and is famous for sighting elephants and bison. The best time to visit this wildlife sanctuary would be during the advent of the winter season.
• Chembra Peak: Chembra is bound to be one of the best experiences in Wayanad for tourists. Only the first 200 people are allowed there, so getting up early and reaching Chembra Peak is the most important thing to do!
• Banasura Sagar Dam: The Banasura Sagar Dam is Asia's second largest earthern dam. From the entrance to the top of the dam, it measures about half a kilometre of basic road and stairs. There is a van and a few jeep services that take tourists to the top of the dam. Speed boating options are also available.
• Thirunelli Temple: This is a very ancient temple dedicated to the Lord Maha Vishnu. It is located along the Brahmagiri hills in Kerala. To reach this holy shrine, one must drive through the forests, which is indeed a beautiful experience.
• Lakkidi View Point: This place offers the best panoramic view of the valleys and the hairpin roads. Indeed, a paradise for photographers.
• Sentinel Rock Waterfall: The sheer experience of standing right under this majestic falls is truly incredible. The best time to visit it is during the monsoon season.
• Edakkal Caves: This place is rich in historical significance. The caves are located 1200 m from sea level.
• Pookut Lake: One of the most beautiful and pristine places that is a must-visit when one is in Wayanad. Pookut Lake literally means “Flower Lake”. There is also a circular path around the lake on which you can take a stroll or park yourself on the benches and watch time stand still.
• Kuruvadweep: Located in Kalpetta, Kuruvadweep is the perfect mix of various natural hues that make it one of the most popular tourist places in Wayanad.
• Kabini River: This beautiful, sparkling river is to be visited during the rainy season when the water levels are high. There are many resorts providing stay over options for the tourists and camping sites along the banks of the river. The boat safari is a must here.
• Jain Temple: This is a very ancient Jain temple that definitely stands out amongst the important Jain temples found in Kerala. The location is very serene and is within the city boundaries.
Connectivity to Wayanad
The capital of Wayanad district is Kalpetta. Kalpetta town has got excellent road connectivity with the other major parts of Kerala as well as the neighbouring South Indian cities. While NH212 joins Kalpetta with Kozhikode and Mysuru, the State Highways offer great connection from Kalpetta to Ooty located in Tamil Nadu, and Madikeri located in Karnataka.
All the national as well as state highways going through Wayanad District meet at Kalpetta, which makes it the "Gateway of Wayanad".
If you want to travel to Wayanad by air, then Kozhikode airport is the nearest one, located about 25 km away from the centre of the city. Kozhikode is very well connected by air to all metro cities in India like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Goa, and Chennai.
The nearest railway station would be the Kozhikode railway station, which is located to the south of the Manachira Square. It is seamlessly connected by railway to important cities like Mangalore, Ernakulam, Chennai, Thiruvananthapuram, and Mumbai.
The nearest major city to Wayanad, Kozhikode is connected easily to many other places in Kerala. National Highway 17 connects Kozhikode and the rest of the cities in Kerala as well as the neighbouring states.
3 star hotels in Wayanad
Hotel options range from economy hotels and splendid 3 star hotels in Wayanad to even top quality hotels.
• Edakkal Hermitage: Located at just a 14-minute walk from the Edakkal Caves, this sprawling resort with a forest ambience is also 4 km away from the Wayanad Heritage Museum. It offers plush rooms and cottages along with room service around the clock.
• Hotel Great Jubilee: This Wayanad 3 star hotel is situated just 8 minutes away from Chandranatha Swamy Jain Temple and 13 km from the Edakkal Caves. Ayurvedic spa, Wi-Fi, and complimentary breakfast facilities are available here.
• KTDC Pepper Grove: This is one of the very decent three star hotels in Wayanad and offers all modern facilities like Wi-Fi, gazebo, lawn, and flat screen TV in the rooms, along with great maintenance and a hospitable team.
Question & Answer*Required
Please suggest best places to*Minimum 100 characters required
To Submit your question please Login or Signup