4-Star Hotels In Munnar
Munnar is a hill station in the Western Ghats mountain range in Kerala, India. Munnar was a favored resort of the British Raj elite in the colonial days. It is set at an altitude of 6000 ft. in the Idukki district. The quaint little hill station is surrounded by sprawling tea plantations and every year adventure seekers from all over come here for paragliding, treks to Anaimudi (South India's highest peak), and hikes that start at the confluence of three mountain streams.
There are a variety of 4-star hotels in Munnar that visitors can choose from.
The nearest airport is the Cochin International Airport which is about 108 km away via Aluva - Munnar Road. Another airport nearby is the Madurai International, which is 140 km away from Munnar.
• LakkamWaterfalls(24 km)
- A five-minute drive from most of the 4-star hotels in Munnar, Lakkam is the closest waterfall from the town. Located in the Munnar-Marayoor route, the waterfall is surrounded by beautiful Vaga trees. The waterfall originates from the Eravikulam Plateau.
• Pallivasal (24 km)
- This is the venue of the first hydro-electric project in Kerala. It is a place of immense scenic beauty and a favored picnic spot for visitors.
• Nyayamakad waterfalls (9 km)
- These falls are located between Munnar and Rajamala. The water cascades down from a height of 1600 m and the area is an ideal picnic and trekking spot. The best time to visit Nyayamakad is mostly after monsoons - the weather is perfect during summers and winters.
• Mattupetty (12 km)
- It is situated at a height of 1700 m above sea level, and is known for its majestic dam and a beautiful lake that offers enchanting boat rides to visitors. Mattupetty also has a dairy farm run by the Indo-Swiss Livestock Project, where one can find different high yielding breeds of cows.
• Chinnakanalor the Power House waterfalls (21 km)
- These falls originate from the River Devikulam, which is surrounded by green mountain ranges. The river got its name from the legend that Sita Devi, wife of Lord Rama had taken a dip in this river. These falls are surrounded by lush greenery that expand as far as the eyes can see.
• Anayirankal (27 km)
- It is a lush green carpet of acres and acres of tea plantations. A trip to this splendid reservoir has been described as an unforgettable experience. The Anayirankal dam is surrounded by tea plantations and evergreen forests.
Connectivity in Munnar
Due to tourism flourishing in Munnar, it is possible to roam around the town very easily. It is well connected to major cities like Bangalore, Coimbatore, Kochi, Madurai, and Ooty by road, and at almost every popular road, you find 4 star hotels in Munnar.
It does not have a railway station though. Munnar’s nearest railway station is Aluva (108 km) that connects it with the rest of the country. Ernakulam Junction (126 km) is the major junction from where you can get trains for major cities like Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Chennai and Mangalore.
Private operators and Kerala State Transport Corporation operate bus services to Munnar from major cities in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. There are a number of luxury and Volvo buses between cities like Chennai, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Mysore to Munnar. If self-driving is not an option, tourists may take a cab or taxis that are readily provided by travel agents in Bangalore, Ooty, Coimbatore, Kochi and other places at reasonable fares.
4-star hotels in Munnar
• The Tea Village
: The Tea Village is situated 5 km away from the Chengulam Reservoir that is spread across three acres of scenic greenery and is one of the best 4-star hotels in Munnar. The resort features a dining facility, complimentary breakfast services and 23 well-appointed rooms spread across three floors. It also provides 24-hour free Wi-Fi access.
• Forest Glade
: One of the top Munnar 4-star hotels, Forest Glade is located at a distance of 13 km from Munnar Tea Museum. With 24-hour Wi-Fi access and a front desk facility, the hotel offers 24 well-furnished rooms equipped with television, separate seating area, electric kettle and an attached bathroom with hot and cold-water facility. The 24 rooms are speed across 4 floors.
• Broad Bean Resort and Spa
: Situated on the banks of Muthirappuzhayar River, the Broad Bean Resort Spa is one of the favored four-star hotels in Munnar. In addition to complimentary breakfast, it also offers chargeable internet access to its patrons. It comprises a total of 32 spacious rooms. The Munnar Bus Stand is located at a distance of 15 km from this property.
• T and U Leisure Hotel
: Located at a distance of 4 km from the Tea Museum and 6 km from the Pothamedu Viewpoint, the T and U Leisure Hotel has an in-house multi-cuisine restaurant that offers indoor and outdoor dining area with the view of the landscape. It comprises 30 spacious and well-kept rooms and suites spread across 2 floors. Meetings and events can be organized within the in-house business center. Individual room service, medical assistance and laundry are also offered here. T and U Leisure Hotel also has a travel desk, kids’ corner, health club, recreational center, campfire with music and front desk facility. It is at a distance of four (4) km from the Munnar Bus Stand.
• Capithans Bungalow
: One of the most beautiful Munnar hotels 4 star, it is surrounded by tea gardens and situated at the towering Kolukkumalai Mountains. The Capithans Bungalow has a barbecue place and campfire arrangement on the roof top. This resort in Munnar is located at a distance of 28 km from the Tea Museum and 25 km from the Pothamedu View Point.
The property also offers WiFi and breakfast service and has a multi-cuisine restaurant that offers 360 view of the Anayirankal Dam. It consists of 16 spacious and well-kept rooms and suites spread across 5 floors that offers breathtaking views offering valley, hill and dam view.
In addition to the above-mentioned 4 star hotels in Munnar, there are plenty of other places like the Misty River
, Munnar Black Forest
, the Dream Catcher Plantation Resort
, the ParakketNature Resort
, that are famous for their ambience and good quality stay.
The Saravana Bhawan in Munnar is dubbed to be one of the best eateries in the region. Other places like the Rapsy Restaurant, Hotel Sri Nivas and Gurubhawan are also known for their superb food.
Finding the best 4 star hotels in Munnar in Kerala is easy given the plethora of choices available.
Book 4 star hotels in Munnar
Check out best hotel deals and offers on 37 4 hotels in Munnar on Yatra.com. The website features the pictures of the hotel rooms for your viewing and lists the prices for each types of accommodation in Munnar
. You can easily find and book your hotels in Munnar with given below steps:-
• View our list of 4 star hotels in Munnar.
• Choose best 4 star hotel from 37 hotels in Munnar.
• Munnar hotels Price
Starts from Rs 500. Check Price Now!
• Use Sort by features to see hotels in Munnar based on recommendation, Star rating, trip advisor rating and price.
• Use the filters to see hotels near specific landmark or at particular location in Munnar.
• Enter your travel dates for best price and deals on four star hotels in Munnar.
• You can also choose hotel from list of 945 hotels in Munnar based on 5 star hotels in Munnar
, 4 star hotels in Munnar
, 3 star hotels in Munnar
, budget hotels in Munnar
and cheap hotels in Munnar
For more hotels deal visit at https://www.yatra.com/hotels/hotels-in-munnar
or do contact us with your queries on all types of 4 star hotels in Munnar.