Kindly share feedback on your search experience
Thank you for your valuable feedback
Book 4 star hotels in Palakkad through Yatra.com and get amazing deals. Know about the best 4 star hotels in Palakkad with their services, amenities, and read reviews from people before you make the final booking. Use promo code BONANZA18 and get Upto 70% on Palakkad hotels booking.
Palakkad, located at the foot of the Western Ghats in central Kerala, is a land of palmyra and paddy fields, surrounded by mountains, forests, and rivers. From wildlife sanctuaries like Silent Valley Park, Attapady hills and Parambikulam to some of the most beautiful dams like Malampuzha, Pallakad has much to offer. Besides being rich in flora and fauna, Palakkad has a rich cultural heritage as well. The remnants of Tippu Sultan's Fort stand as a testament to this. A popular tourist location, there are a range of 4-star hotels in Palakkad that cater to the incoming crowd of visitors.
Some of the other places to visit in Palakkad include the tribal hamlet of Attappady, where tribal inhabitants still live the way their ancestors did many years ago.
Palakkad has a distinctive cultural tradition of its own that is a perfect combination of the best influences from Kerala and Tamil Nadu. While rice is the staple food, there are certain other popular eatables such as Vatthals and Pickles, among others.
Malayalam is the most used language here. However, being close to the Tamil Nadu border, people here also understand and speak Tamil. It is also not uncommon to find a person who speaks perfect English or Hindi.
4-star hotels in Palakkad
There are a number of hotels offering comfortable accommodations to guests. Some of these are:
• Hotel Srivatsa Regency: The flagship hotel of M-Star hotels & Resorts Pvt. Ltd, it is the maiden venture of the group in Kerala, and one of the popular 4-star hotels in Palakkad. The hotel offers comfortable accommodation, restaurants, meeting and conference facilities, and an Ayurvedic treatment center. The hotel is 16 km from Palakkad Junction Railway Station, and 100 km away from Cochin International Airport.
• Kairali's Ayurvedic Healing Village: A signature Ayurvedic health retreat, it is 8 km away from the ancient temples of Thiruvalathoor and 12 km away from Tipu Sultan's Fort. It offers a variety of detoxification treatments for rejuvenation, with a full staff of experienced massage therapists. It is located at a distance of about 16 km from the railway station.
• Hotel Fort Palace: It lies just opposite Tipu Sultan's Fort and offers clean and comfortable accommodation. The rooms are air-conditioned with amenities such as a flat-screen TV and complimentary Wi-Fi. It is located at a distance of about 6 km from the Palakkad Railway Junction.
• ATS Residency: It is a hotel boasting of a modern facade and offers an executive board room, souvenir shop, multi cuisine restaurant and banquet hall. It is located approximately 10 km away from Malampuzha Gardens and 5 km away from the Palakkad Town Railway Station.
• Kalari Kovilakom: It is situated in the backwaters of Palakkad and boasts of a total of 18 palatial suites. Guests can enjoy a luxurious stay while indulging in the various ayurvedic treatments that are on offer. The hotel is 28 km away from the railway station.
There are a number of options for those looking to sample the local cuisine. Noorjahan Hotel Restaurant, Nalanda Restaurant, and Hotel Royal Treat are among the better-known restaurants in the city.
There are many tourist spots located at a short distance from the city center such as:
• Palakkad Fort (4.3 km): This fort built by Hyder Ali of Mysore, dates back to 1766 and is also known as Tipu's Fort.
• Malampuzha Dam and Gardens (6.6 km): It is best known for its suspension bridge, the cable car ride and Fantasy Park. There are several gardens including one Japanese garden.
• Mayiladumpara Peacock Sanctuary (25 km): Located South of Palakkad City, this Peacock Sanctuary covers 500 hectares of land and is home to about 2000 birds.
• Pothundi Dam (41 km): Built during the British reign for irrigation purposes, Pothundi Dam is now a famous tourist attraction.
• Silent Valley National Park(49 km): Sprawled over 235 sq km, this park is home to 16 bird species, 100 species of flowering plants, 108 species of orchids, and 34 species of mammals.
• Attappady (73 km): Situated on the north-eastern side of Palakkad district, this is one of the largest tribal settlements in the state. Many tribes such as the Irulas and Kurumbar live here.
The nearest domestic airport is located in Coimbatore at a distance of 55 km towards the east, while the Cochin International Airport is 160 km south. Palakkad Junction Railway Station is a major rail head of the Southern Railways and lies 5 km from the center of the city.
Palakkad is connected to major cities such as Chennai, Ooty, Kodaikanal, Kochi, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Salem and Madurai by road. National Highways NH 47 and NH 217 pass through Palakkad.
Palakkad also has an extensive public bus network. The state runs KSRTC and many private operators run bus services. Auto rickshaws are a cheap way of transportation between attractions. Local taxis are also available at cheap rates.
Palakkad is perhaps one of the well-shrouded secrets of God's own country. A luxurious stay at one of the 4-star hotels in Palakkad will only enhance your experience. Immersed in nature and serenity, Palakkad will always leave the guests feeling refreshed and pleasantly surprised at all that it has to offer.
Question & Answer*Required
Please suggest best places to*Minimum 100 characters required
To Submit your question please Login or Signup