On Domestic Flights, Hotels & Homestays
On Domestic hotels
On Domestic Hotels
On Domestic Hotels
for Domestic hotels
On Flights & Hotels
Earn Free Travel Vouchers
On Domestic Hotels
On Flights, Hotels & Bus
With Airtel Money Wallet & Payments Bank
on Hotels in India
Instant confirmation on hotels
Book cheap hotels in Kolkata through Yatra.com and get amazing deals. Know about the best cheap hotels in Kolkata with their services, amenities, and read reviews from people before you make the final booking. Use promo code HOTEL18 and get up to 70% OFF on Kolkata hotels booking.
Are You Looking for Cheap Hotels in Kolkata?
Kolkata (formerly called Calcutta), known as "the City of Joy" or the "Cultural Capital of India" is the capital of West Bengal state. It is known to be the third most densely populated metro in the country. Situated on the banks of the famous Hooghly River, Kolkata is rich in culture and history. Home to Nobel laureates like Rabindranath Tagore and Mother Teresa, Kolkata boasts of being a centre for intellectuals, artists and writers. Booming in population, it is known to be one of the largest job providing cities. Known for the Howrah bridge, Durga puja, and Victoria Memorial, it is also known for being the second largest city in India, after New Delhi. Thriving in politics and commerce, you can witness a mix of different cultures in Kolkata. You can easily find luxurious as well as cheap stays in Kolkata.
Top Cheap Hotels in Kolkata
There is a wide range of cheap hotels in Kolkata available to suit your needs. They range from 5-star luxury hotels to cheap hotels in Kolkata, and even single rooms, according to your price range and preferred location. You can also choose affordable hotels in Kolkata based on the purpose of visit, hotel brand, type of accommodation and required amenities. It is easy to find many cheap hotels in Kolkata. Below are a few cheap hotels in Kolkata:
• Treebo The Saltee - Centrally located, Treebo The Saltee offers a wide range of amenities coupled with efficient services that would suit your needs. Located 1 km from the Salt Lake Central Park, it is also in close proximity to the railway station and airport. The hotel offers air-conditioned rooms spread over 5 floors, each with an attached washroom and balcony that offers a pleasant view. Other services include laundry, room service and parking. Surrounded by business corporations, it is especially suitable for business travelers. It also provides 24 hours front desk assistance. As it is centrally located, it is easy for tourists to visit the Indian Museum and Science City.
• Hotel Aura - Hotel Aura is a modern boutique hotel that is sure to give you a pinch of Calcutta's cultural richness. The room comes with a variety of essential amenities which you can indulge in. Hotel Aura also offers cheap accommodations in Kolkata. The hotel offers a wide range of spacious yet, beautifully structured and well-designed rooms. It is located 16 km from the airport and around 7 km from the railway station. It is in close proximity to the Botanical Garden, Zoo, Indian museum and Howrah Bridge. Other facilities include parking, Wi-Fi, laundry and 24-hour room service, and hot and cold water supply.
• Hotel Gardenia - Spread across 4 floors, Hotel Gardenia is located in the heart of Kolkata. Conveniently located, it is close to malls, railway stations and tourist attractions. It is suitable for both business as well as leisure travelers. They offer fully furnished, comfortable rooms with attached bathrooms. They also offer a wide range of amenities which include, housekeeping, room service, parking, laundry services, and Wi-Fi. It lies in close proximity to tourist attractions such as Fort William, Kalighat Kali Temple, St. Paul's Cathdral and Victoria Memorial.
• Blue Orchid Corporate Inn - Centrally located, Blue Orchid corporate Inn offers comfortable and economical stay options. With spacious and furnished rooms, they also offer a range of amenities which will enhance your stay here. They provide 24-hour room service, Wi-Fi, laundry facilities, and free parking. With attached bath rooms, TVs and doctor on call services, they also provide efficient and satisfactory services to ensure that the guests take home a good memory.
• Marina Hotel and Restaurant - The Indian Museum, Kalighat Kali Temple, Victoria Memorial and Zoological Garden are all within 10 km of Marina hotel and restaurant. Even the railway station is located in close proximity to the Hotel. They offer standard as well as deluxe rooms to match your needs. They offer a wide range of amenities which include Wi-Fi, free parking, 24-hour room services and more. Each room has a TV, AC and attached bathroom. They also have an in-house restaurant to delight your palate.
More about Kolkata
Kolkata has a tropical wet-and-dry climate. April to May is the hottest time in a year for Kolkata. October to March has the autumn weather, which is most suitable time to visit as the climate is pleasant and also the time when the Durga puja and other important festivities are held. So, you can witness the festivals as well as enjoy the other aspects of the city. From the Netaji Subhash International Airport, there are many modes to travel into the city as well as within the city. Kolkata has two major railway stations, the Howrah and Sealdah. Their other modes of transport include buses, trams, metro railways, ferries, taxis and autos.
Interesting facts about Kolkata:
• Kolkata is known for having the oldest zoo in the country.
• The national library, situated in Kolkata, is the largest public library in the country.
• The Kolkata Port is the oldest operating port in India.
• The Salt Lake Stadium is the second largest football stadium in the world, with regards to seating capacity.
• Kolkata is one of the few cities in India where hand-pulled rickshaws and trams are still used.
• Kolkata also houses the world’s largest tree at the Botanical Garden.
Kolkata will never dishearten food lovers. Bengali authentic food, especially the delectable mouth-watering sweets are popular all over the country. Kolkata mainly boasts off its cottage cheese based desserts like Sandesh, chanar payesh, and rosogolla. Other famous delicacies consist of Patali gur confectionery and Misti doi (sweetened curd). Other than that, North Indian, South Indian, and Chinese food can be found virtually in any restaurant in Kolkata. Other foods that Bengalis are fond of include Anglo- Indian, Continental, Thai, and Tibetian. When it comes to the most unique cuisine of Kolkata, Kathi rolls truly deserve a special mention. There many affordable hotels in Kolkata that offer scrumptious food. You can easily find Cheap hotel rooms in Kolkata near such restaurants.
Places of Interest
Kolkata is famous for its modern amusement houses and colonial edifices. Some of the most interesting places are the Eden Garden, Victoria Memorial, Bellur Math Temple, Aurobindo Ashram, Birla Planetarium, Marble Palace, Howrah Bridge, and Nicco Park. Presently, a major metropolitan, Kolkata is the home to the oldest museum in the country- the Indian Museum which contains the only 'Mummy' in India amongst other treasured artefacts. The well-known Durga Puja draws many people to the city in October. The nightlife in Kolkata is centred around the pubs, discotheques, and restaurants where the young crowd of Kolkata gather and enjoy their lives. You can easily find cheap hotels in Kolkata near to these places of interest to make the most of your stay here.
Book cheap hotels in Kolkata with Yatra.com to get the best deal possible with cheapest price. When you book a hotel in Kolkata through Yatra, you know you're making the best choice with a large inventory of hotels in Kolkata. You can read customer reviews for Kolkata hotels to make the final selection and Know about the amenities and services available at complete list of cheap hotels in Kolkata before you book it. There are many hotels in Kolkata for travelers to enjoy the trip without having to worry about accommodation.
You can also choose hotel from list of 5 star hotels in Kolkata, 4 star hotels in Kolkata, 3 star hotels in Kolkata, budget hotels in Kolkata and best resorts in Kolkata as well.
To Submit your question please Login or Signup