On Domestic Hotels
On Budget Hotel Brands
At Tito's, Mambo's & More
On Luxury Hotel Brands
On Flights & Hotels
through MobiKwik Wallet
Earn Free Travel Vouchers
With Punjab National Bank
With Vodafone m-pesa Wallet
With RuPay Card
Instant confirmation on hotels
on Hotels in India
Book hotels in Coorg through Yatra.com and get amazing deals on Coorg hotels booking. Know about the best hotels in Coorg, their services, amenities, and read reviews from people before you make the final booking. Use promo code HOTEL17 and get up to 70% off when booking with any of the hotels near Coorg.
Learn about the rich history of Coorg
The first community to cultivate the lands of Coorg, also known as Kodagu, were the Kodavas. The Haleri dynasty ruled Kodagu between the years 1600 and 1834. Then, Coorg fell under British rule from 1834. The British were the ones to rename Kodagu as ‘Coorg’. After India’s independence, Coorg was a separate state until; 1956, when it was merged with the then Mysore State, now Karnataka.
Quickest and most economical ways to reach Coorg
Road- Coorg is well connected by road with Mangalore, Mysore, Hassan, Bengaluru, and Kannur in Karnataka. It is also accessible from Thalassery, and Wayanad of the neighboring state of Kerala. Buses frequently run between Coorg and nearby Karnataka cities such as Mangalore and Mysore, among others. The bus journey is around 4-5 hours in total.
Rail- The railway stations closest to Coorg are Kannur and Thalassery in Kerala as well as Mangalore, Hassan and Mysore in Karnataka.
Air- The nearest airport are the Mysore Airport and the Mangaluru Airport.
Here’s how you can find the best places to visit in Coorg
• Abbey Falls is a must-visit for all tourists in Coorg. A path surrounded by coffee and cardamom plantations leads the way to the magnificent site of the waterfall.
• Visit the Nagarahole Wildlife Sanctuary and get a chance to spot some fascinating animals like the bison, elephant, deer, wild boar, mongoose, peacock, and jungle fowl. If you are particularly lucky, you may even see a panther or a tiger. Another wildlife sanctuary worth visiting is the Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary.
• According to legend, the mighty kings of Kodagu spent time at Raja's Seat to admire the stunning sight of the hills. Visit this spot and make sure to catch a sunset as well.
• Another place of interest that is truly worth visiting is the Madikeri Fort. This 19th-century fort houses a Ganesha temple, a district prison, a chapel, and a small and informative museum.
• Visit Bhagamandala which is a revered pilgrimage site in Coorg.It is home to the Sri Bhaganandeshwara Temple but is primarily known for the Triveni Sangam, which is the confluence of three rivers - Kaveri, Kannike, and Sujyoti.
Check weather before you pack your bags
The summer season begins in the month of March and lasts until May. During summers the temperature is a little towards the warmer side, but the maximum temperature usually remains below 35°C. The monsoon season in Coorg brings with it heavy rainfall. During winter, which is December and February, the weather is pleasant and cool. The minimum temperature generally remains above 13°C. The nights during the winter season are usually quite chilly.
This will help you in finding the best hotels in Coorg
If you are looking to stay at a quality 5 star property, then The Windflower Resort and Spa is the perfect place. This resort overlooks lush green hills, clear streams of water and blue skies. Another hotel with a prime location is the Tamara Coorg. It is set over an estate that produces coffee, cardamom, honey, and pepper, and will thus guarantee a stay like you have never had before. It is one of the few hotels built inside a functional coffee plantation.
Explore luxury and indulgence as you stay at the best 4 star hotels in Coorg. There are several hotels to pick from, but if you have to choose - stay at Purple Palms Resort and Spa or Amanvana Spa Resort. If it is an adventure you are looking for, stay at Misty Woods, and they will arrange innumerable adventure activities like trekking, bird watching, shooting, cycling, and jeep safari.
The best 3 star hotels in Coorg include Prashanti Resort, Leisure Vacations Whispering Woods, and La Flora Prakruth Resort.
If you are looking for a place to stay, without spending too much, stay at one of Coorgs top budget hotels. These include Palm Era Resort, Hotel Hillview, and Dreamland Homestay.
Things to do
• Coorg is the ideal place for trekkers as there are several trails for to try. Along the way, one can admire the amazing natural beauty of the thick forests, clear streams, cascading waterfalls and lush grasses.
• Due to its location in a mountainous region, Coorg is known for whitewater rafting. This adventure activity is one that tourists must try.
• Go paragliding over the gorgeous hills of Coorg, admire the one-of-kind view and enjoy the adrenaline rush.
• Head over to Valnoor Fishing Camp to fish and relax over the waters of the pools formed by the Kaveri River. These are inhabited by Rohu and the great Mahseer fish.