Kindly share feedback on your search experience
Thank you for your valuable feedback
Filter your Search
Sat, 07 Nov (1 Night) Choose Dates Click Here to enter journey dates and view all prices
Check Haridwar Hotels at lowest prices on Yatra.com. Now Book Clean, Safe, Hygiene and Sanitized hotels from 37 Clean Pass Haridwar Hygienic Hotels at Yatra.com. ✔ Use coupon code: YTFESTIVE & get up to 40% OFF on selected domestic hotels.
Haridwar: An Overview
India abounds in pilgrimage! It is home to some of the most highly revered holy cities that drive in pilgrims and tourists from far and near some of who visit either for spiritual soul-searching or to experience a sense of fulfillment by seeking the blessings of the almighty.
The holy city of Haridwar comes in a second close to Varanasi propitiously placed exactly from where the sacred steams of the Ganga originate from the Mighty Himalayas. But do not think of Haridwar as just another temple town, there is more to this city!
One of the most popular weekend getaways in India, Haridwar is blessed with natural beauty. Set at the base of the Himalayas, this place is replete with sublime gifts of nature and an unmatched sanctity of the fast-flowing Ganges. Adding to the beauty of this tourist spot are the hotels in Haridwar- a wide variety for a traveler to choose from.
Top Reasons to Visit Haridwar
Whether it’s the always-bustling, overcrowded lanes of Haridwar, the prismatic euphoria felt within the temple town during the Kumbh Mela or the astonished gaze of the foreign tourists at the sight of uncommon goings-on, Haridwar is enchanting in more ways than one. Here are the top reasons that will make you fall for this city even more:-
• Haridwar takes you to a different level of spiritualism - The spiritual gem of Uttarkhand’s Garhwal region; Haridwar literally means ‘the abode of Lord Vishnu’. The city boasts of numerous century old temples of Hindu gods and goddesses that are thronged by millions of devotees annually. Be it attending evening prayers at the Har-Ki-Pauri Ghat, visiting the prime temples of the city, seeking solace amidst nature or simply taking a holy dip at the Ganges, Haridwar fills your soul with an inexpressible divinity and piousness. Come monsoons and the town of Haridwar bustles with pilgrims and tourists when Shiva devotees or Kawariyas swarm the city to perform religious rites and rituals seeking blessings of Lord Shiva.
• Ashrams - Haridwar offers some of the best places for meditation and contemplation. Head to the city and you will find many places that offer idyllic spots for soul-searching. Set amidst greenery and peaceful surroundings, these ashrams provide an apt setting for spiritual activities like yoga along with meal facilities. These can also be your choice of accommodation in Haridwar.
• Fun and adventure - This different side of Haridwar appeals to a lot of tourists in India and abroad. A famous adventure sports hub, people who have a thing for thrill can take up from among the multitude activities it offers ranging from trekking, mountain climbing, river rafting, bird watching, wildlife sighting and jungle safari at the Rajaji National Park, paragliding and more.
• Food spree - Foodies are sure to have the best time of their life in Haridwar as it is known for offering lip-smacking street fares starting from kachoris at Kashyap Kachoriwala, a wide variety of sweets at the Mathura Walon Ki Prachin Dukaan or aloo puri at Mohanji Puriwale.
Accommodations in Haridwar
Luxury Hotels and Riverside Resorts
• Aalia on the Ganges - Locally known as the Aalia Resort, this luxury property is the ultimate example of modern living amidst sylvan setting. Sprawling over a vast area of five (5) acres of land, this riverside resort is a real heart-pleaser with the most enchanting views of the River Ganga and its surroundings. The property offers lavishly designed villas bordering the Rajaji National Park at close proximity. The resort overlooks the Chilla Forest Range and the sparkling River Ganga which are visible from every corner of the property. Guests staying at the Aalia resort are woken up by the cheery sound of bird calls, cajoled by the tranquility of the idyllic ambience and treated by the best of hospitality. If mood for adventure, head to the riverside to indulge in some river rafting or book a jungle safari package to see majestic wild beasts in actions. These facilities make this resort one of the most preferred Haridwar hotels.
• Ambrosia Sarovar Portico - A luxury property that takes one away from the urban chaos, Ambrosia Sarovar Portico is strategically located in Haridwar, easily accessible to the major attractions of the city. A perfect place for your business trips and family getaways, the hotel houses seventy (70) elegant rooms in different categories namely- superior, executive suites and deluxe. All the accommodations come well-furnished with top-of-the-line amenities like free wifi, a dedicated front desk and room service, a gym, dining options and more.
• Radisson Blu - A brand new entrant in the Haridwar hospitality scene, Radisson Blu luxury accommodations has set a unique reputation for the property. Enjoy your stay at the tastefully designed accommodations in various categories like presidential suites, business class and standard. All rooms are well-appointed with private bathrooms, balconies and picturesque views of the surroundings. The property houses other impressive amenities like 24-hour dining options, a spa, an outdoor swimming pool, front desk, travel assistance and so on.
• La Casa - Located in the heart of Haridwar, La Casa is one of the few budget accommodation choices that provide some of the least abrasive rooms in town. The hotel is tastefully designed and strives for a unique character for the brand by offering colorful rooms, elegant furnishings and contemporary bathrooms. All-in-all, La Casa offers value-for-money services to its guests with well-fitted rooms, smooth room service, in-dining options, 24-hour front desk, laundry, concierge, among other amenities.
• Hotel Sunshine - Offering well-serviced accommodations, private bathrooms, in-house restaurants, 24-hour front desk, dry cleaning, luggage storage and more, Hotel Sunshine is one of the best-value deals in Haridwar. Located just a kilometer from the Haridwar Railway Station and Bus Stop, the property offers comfortable and homely atmosphere for doestic and foreign tourists alike.
• Jairam Ashram - Praised for its amazing lodging amenities, Jairam Ashram is conveniently located on the Rishikesh Road in Haridwar. A favorite halting point for most of the Rishikesh-bound tourists, the ashram is a tranquil refuge and is famous for its diorama displays, mainly effigies of Hindu gods, goddesses and demons.
• Kanva Rishi Ashram - Sited just forty two (42) kilometers from Haridwar, this ashram is built along the river bank of Malini and comes on the way to Kotdwar. The path to this ashram calls for special mention as one needs to take the dense forest trail which makes for a fascinating yet adventurous activity for nature lovers and thrill seekers. Cozily nestling in the lap of nature amidst utmost serenity, Kanva Rishi Ashram is an idyllic retreat for people wanting to stay in solace. So if you’re looking for economical yet beautiful rooms in Haridwar, this is your go-to place.
Types of Accommodation in Haridwar
What kind of accommodation would you like to stay in Haridwar? Yatra.com offers all types of accommodation to travelers according to budget, location and their preferences. Like a resort is known as a place for relaxation and entertainment, or a Villa is often described as a luxurious residence, an apartment is a serviced apartment for comfortable living or Home stay its kind of host family accommodation. You can also choose & book accommodation from list of resorts in Haridwar, best homestays in Haridwar, top villas in Haridwar and service apartments in Haridwar as well.