Kindly share feedback on your search experience
Thank you for your valuable feedback
Filter your Search
Thu, 29 Oct (1 Night) Choose Dates Click Here to enter journey dates and view all prices
Check Mahabaleshwar Hotels at lowest prices on Yatra.com. Now Book Clean, Safe, Hygiene and Sanitized hotels from 90 Clean Pass Mahabaleshwar Hygienic Hotels at Yatra.com. ✔ Use coupon code: YTFESTIVE & get up to 40% OFF on selected domestic hotels.
Learn about the rich history of Mahabaleshwar
Mahabaleshwar, one of the few evergreen forests of India, has a vibrant history with several rulers. It even served as the summer capital of Bombay province during the British Raj. The first historical mention of Mahabaleshwar dates back to the year 1215 when it was visited by King Singhan of Deogiri. In the middle of the 16th century the Maratha family of Chandarao More, after defeated the Brahmin dynasty that previously rules Mahabaleshwar, became rulers. During which period the temple of Old Mahabaleshwar was rebuilt. A Hotel Guide to Mahabaleshwar
Nestled in the Western Ghats, Mahabaleshwar is one of the tranquil hill stations in the western part of the country. The beauty of Maharashtra is unsung without glorifying this magnificent spot. The sheer beauty and the lush landscape of this region generally lure the visitors and leave them with the desire to come back again. Mahabaleshwar is also known as the ‘Strawberry country’ as it produces mouthwatering raspberries, gooseberries and mulberries. This hill station offers a charming escape to the city dwellers and is loved for its multiple attractions. If you are planning your next vacation at this alluring place, then search and book the best hotels in Mahabaleshwar and pack your bags right away.
Hotels in Mahabaleshwar
Situated in the heart of the city, Valley View Resort is one of the foremost hotels in Mahabaleshwar with valley view. Here, travelers can experience a homely feeling and can enjoy their great hospitality and amazing services. Also, this hotel is included in the list of top 10 hotels in Mahabaleshwar due to its lavish style.
Located close to the Venna Lake, Hotel Lake View is yet another option and considered among the best hotels in Mahabaleshwar near main market. It is the preferred choice among the vacationers and is considered among eminent hotels in Mahabaleshwar near Venna Lake.
Hotels at Mahabaleshwar offer loads of luxury and comfort to the visitors. The list consists of Hotel Relax Inn, Hotel Suncity, Hotel Sunny Midtown, Hotel Sunny International and a lot more. These are some of the examples of the hotels in Mahabaleshwar near bus stand. The rates of hotels in Mahabaleshwar have been set keeping in mind your budget and make sure that the prices will not hurt your pocket.
Apart from the budget hotels in Mahabaleshwar, you have other appealing hotels such as Bella Vista Resort, Evershine Keys Prima Resort, and West Hill. These hotels are equipped with the varied state of art and contemporary facilities. Some of them are among top 5 hotels in Mahabaleshwar. The tourists can easily book a hotel in Mahabaleshwar in advance so as to enjoy comfortable vacation in this astonishing city.
Hotel Gitanjali, Hotel Malas and Pan Hill Hotel are some of the hotels in Panchgani. Set amidst picturesque landscape, these hotels offer cozy and comfortable experience to the visitors and are located near the well – known tourist spots in Panchgani. Mahabaleshwar hotels and resorts are bestowed with the ultra-modern infrastructure and remarkable facilities.
Best Time to Visit Mahabaleshwar
March to June is the best time to visit Mahabaleshwar due to pleasant climatic and weather conditions. 2 star hotels in Mahabaleshwar and resorts in Panchgani are the preferred choice for the frequent business and leisure travelers. If the tourists prefer staying in heritage hotels in Mahabaleshwar, then Pratap Heritage Hotel is the leading option.
Hotels in Mahabaleshwar with tariff
The price of Mahabaleshwar Hotels depends on the facilities they are offering to the visitors. Laxmi Residency, Hotel Shanti, and Nature Dale are some of the cheap hotels in Mahabaleshwar. The price of hotels in Mahabaleshwar is quite economical so that the tourists can enjoy budget friendly trip.
Quickest and most economical ways to reach Mahabaleshwar
Road - Mahabaleshwar is located around 260 km from Mumbai. The nearest major city, Satara, is approximately 45 km away. Mahabaleshwar is connected by National Highway 4. Buses provided by MSRTC (state -run) and private organizations can also be taken from Pune, Mumbai, Sangli, and Satara.
Rail- The nearest railway station is in Satara. Taxis, as well as bus services, are available here to take tourists to Mahabaleshwar.
Air- The nearest airport is the Pune International Airport, which is approximately 120 km away from Mahabaleshwar. The Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Mumbai is around 270 km away.
Here’s how you can find the best places to visit in Mahabaleshwar
• There are several places in Mahabaleshwar for tourists to visit. Most of them are either viewing points or heritage monuments.
• One of the popular viewing points is Wilson Point. At 1439 m it is the highest point in Mahabaleshwar. It also the only point in Mahabaleshwar where both sunrise and sunset can be seen. It offers a spectacular panoramic view of the hills. Another popular viewing point is the 3 Monkey Point named after the natural sculpture, which looks like three monkeys sitting beside each other. Other viewing points include Lodwick Point, Arthur's Seat, Babington Point, Kate's Point, and Bombay Point.
• The cascading waters of the Lingmala Waterfalls and the stunning view around it is also a sight worth seeing.
• Another place of interest is the Pratapgad Fort. Meaning ‘Valour Fort’, this monument was built by the Maratha king Shivaji Maharaj in 1656 and is a testament to Mahabaleshwar’s rich heritage.
• Take a day off from sightseeing and go for some retail therapy at the bazaar in the center of the town. Buy some local brands of honey, Kolhapuri slippers, and many more things. And don’t forget to buy the local strawberries!
Check weather before you pack your bags
The time between October and June is generally considered the best time to visit. The summer season usually starts in March and lasts until June. During this period it is typically warm, with temperatures ranging from 16° C to 30° C. Due to the high altitude and constant mountain breezes, it is not too hot. Even during the winters, Mahabaleshwar does not experience extreme temperatures, due to its proximity to the warm waters of the Arabian Sea. The hill station experiences heavy rainfall during the monsoon season, between July and September.
This will help you in finding the best hotels in Mahabaleshwar
If you are planning to take a trip to Mahabaleshwar, then choose only the top Yatra hotels to stay at.
For someone seeking the ultimate luxury hotel, Le Meridien Mahabaleshwar Resort & Spa is where they must stay. This 5 star hotel, surrounded by dense evergreen forests of the undulating Western Ghats, provides the perfect environment for relaxation and is one of the best hotels in Mahabaleshwar.
The beautiful Evershine Keys Prima Resort is another hotel you can stay at if you are seeking a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation. It is located within walking distance from the City Centre and thus serves as the ideal place from which Mahabaleshwar's top landmarks and attractions can be conveniently reached. Other spectacular 4 star hotels in Mahabaleshwar include Ramsukh Resorts & Spa and Brightland Resort & Spa.
Another property set in the midst of mountain highs, green valleys, still waters, and sprawling landscapes is the Saj Resort. With this scenic setting, treat yourself to a stay at one of the best luxury Mahabaleshwar hotels. If you are looking for some other 3 star hotels in Mahabaleshwar, then choose from any one these magnificent properties: Citrus Chambers Mahabaleshwar, Hotel King Garden or Regenta MPG Club by Royal Orchid Hotels.
For a great budget hotel and a relaxing stay choose Hotel Sagar Villa, Hotel Vighnaharta Palace or The Travellers Inn. Have a great vacation without spending too much!
Things to do
• Take a boat ride through the Venna lake and enjoy the magnificent view of the rolling hills, the verdant valleys, and the calm, blue lake. You can even go horse riding next to the lake.
• The Venna lake is one of the major tourist attractions of Mahabaleshwar. Trees surround the lake on all sides. Tourists can enjoy a boat ride on the lake or a horse ride next to the lake.
• Go for a hike through one of the several trekking trails around the hills. Through these make your way to some of Mahabaleshwar’s spectacular viewing points.
• Go strawberry picking! Any tourist visiting this hill station must also make their way to a strawberry farm. Venture into the interior parts and handpick some delicious strawberries. Mahabaleshwar is home to the fresh, ripe, red, strawberries and the strawberries from here contribute to around 85 percent of the all strawberry production in the country!
Types of Accommodation in Mahabaleshwar
What kind of accommodation would you like to stay in Mahabaleshwar? Yatra.com offers all types of accommodation to travelers according to budget, location and their preferences. Like a resort is known as a place for relaxation and entertainment, or a Villa is often described as a luxurious residence, an apartment is a serviced apartment for comfortable living or Home stay its kind of host family accommodation. You can also choose & book accommodation from list of resorts in Mahabaleshwar, best homestays in Mahabaleshwar, top villas in Mahabaleshwar and service apartments in Mahabaleshwar as well.