On Domestic Flights, Hotels & Homestays
On Domestic hotels
On Domestic Hotels
On Domestic Hotels
for Domestic hotels
On Flights & Hotels
Earn Free Travel Vouchers
On Domestic Hotels
On Flights, Hotels & Bus
With Airtel Money Wallet & Payments Bank
on Hotels in India
Instant confirmation on hotels
Explore about hotels & best resorts in Mathura on Yatra.com. Great deals are up for grabs at Yatra. Know about the services, amenities, and facilities of the property to choose what suits you best. Use promo code HOTEL18 and get up to 70% OFF while making the final booking.
Looking for hotels in Mathura?
Mathura: An Overview
Mathura is all about mouth-watering pedas and spicy kachoris, the riverfront aarti ceremonies and holy dips in the Yamuna! An iconic association with the vibrant history of India and also a significant repository of ancient Indian art, the city finds a mention in the world famous epic Ramayana, which makes it one of the seven holy cities of Hinduism.
But most importantly, the riverbank town of Mathura is the abode of the much-loved Lord Krishna. Mathura showcases an all-year-round frenzy drawing hordes of pilgrims visiting the various Hindu monasteries and other revered spots. Also, discover the fascinating sights of the ancient sculptures recouped from remnants at the Archeological Museum that narrates the strong hold of Buddhism much before the rise of Hinduism followed by plundering made by the Mughal rulers. The city is buzzing with tourist activity throughout the year, which is why there are a number of hotels in Mathura for all kinds of visitors.
Top Reasons to Visit Mathura
Whether you are a die-hard Krishna devotee or a history buff curious about the Indian history, a trip to the Brij bhoomi is a must for every traveler.
• Mathura features unmatchable Holi and Janmashtami celebrations - Throwing water balloons at a random passerby is a common sight during the festivities of Holi. If you think this is wild, you must head to Mathura to experience the crazy frenzy of the celebrations. From people drenched in colors to the intriguing lathmaar tradition, Mathura hosts the best Holi and Janmashtami celebration that lasts for an entire week including the main festival day.
• Home to significant religious and historic sites - Be it the fascinating stories encompassing the life of Lord Krishna or the interesting ensemble of historic attractions, Mathura takes visitors to a world of enchantment. Begin your exploration from the celebrated Shri Krishna Janmabhoomi, Dwarkadheesh Temple, Govardhan Temple followed by a trip to the Kans Quila, Vishram Ghat, Radha Kund, Mathura Museum and Kusum Sarovar.
• Mouth-watering local fares - Mathura tops in presenting lip-smacking local fares to travelers. The small town stands out with its unique offering Peda, which is a sweet preparation, made of condensed milk. Other specialties of the town include jalebi, kachori, chaat, samosa, among others.
Accommodation in Mathura
Luxury Hotels in Mathura
• Nidhivan Sarovar Portico - The best place to spend a luxurious holiday at Mathura, the Nidhivan Sarovar Portico is a centrally located property, close to the ISKCON Temple and many other prominent religious and historic sites are speckled around this Mathura hotel. The property features well-designed rooms with superlative amenities like air-conditioning, satellite TV, seating area, and private bathrooms and so on. Surrounded by well-attended gardens, Nidhivan Sarovar Portico is a non-smoking entity that also features a well-equipped business center, banquet/meeting area, vegetarian restaurant, a health club and a spa, 24-hour room service, laundry services, among other facilities.
• The Radha Ashok - Set amidst landscaped gardens, The Radha Ashok hotel features rooms overlooking beautiful and divine views of the Brij Bhoomi. The property is located just 3 kilometers from the main city centre and offers a plethora of services including a multi-cuisine restaurant and a bar, an outdoor pool, a business centre, travel assistance, 24-hour front desk and well-appointed rooms fitted with wooden work, heating as well as air-conditioning. The hotel also provides a jogging track for fitness freaks, convenient services like currency exchange, free wifi access, personal safe, among other amenities.
• Hare Krishna Orchid - Just a stone’s throw from the Prem Mandir, the Hare Krishna Orchid lies in a green oasis featuring top-of-the-line hospitality services in Mathura. The property offer world-class accommodations categorized as duplex cottages, executive rooms and deluxe rooms with amenities like air-conditioning, satellite TV, mini bar, private bathrooms, complimentary refreshments, toiletries and more. The luxury hotel also houses a well-resourced business centre, health club, kid’s zone, swimming pool, parking, laundry services, just to name a few.
Budget Hotels and Resorts
• Hotel Basera - Hotel Basera is located just 800 metres from the revered Bankey Bihari Temple and is also close to the Vridavan Bus Station. A warm and comfortable place to stay in Mathura, Hotel Basera offers services with-all-mod-cons. All the rooms are airy and bright and comes with well-fitted amenities like flat screen TV, air-condition, seating area, safety deposit box, work desk, private bathrooms with free toiletries. Guests can also avail tour desk, dry cleaning, luggage storage, ironing, and laundry and car rental facilities at a nominal surcharge. The hotel also houses a multi-cuisine restaurant. For guest’s convenience, packed lunches are served along with 24-hour room service is also made available.
• Kadamb Resort - Enjoy budget stay like never before! Set in the spiritual setting of Vridavan, the Kadamb Resort offers delightful accommodation and hospitality to both domestic and foreign tourists. Featuring an outdoor swimming pool and kid’s play zone, the resort offers spacious and comfortable rooms fitted with air-conditioning, flat screen TV, and private bathrooms, seating area and amazing views of the surrounding area and the river Yamuna. Other amenities of the resort include 24-hour front desk, free wifi, and play area for activities like jogging, cycling, free private parking, car rental services and more.
Apart from these above mentioned luxury and budget stays, Mathura also houses a string of ashrams and home stays for frequent travelers. The temple town also boasts of an array of restaurants to satiate your taste buds offering an authentic local experience.
To Submit your question please Login or Signup