On Domestic Hotels
On Domestic Hotels
On Rann Utsav Packages
At Tito's, Mambo's & More
On Top Luxury Hotels
On Flights & Hotels
On Flights, Hotels & Bus
Earn Free Travel Vouchers
With Airtel Money Wallet & Payments Bank
On Domestic Hotels
on Hotels in India
Instant confirmation on hotels
Explore about hotels in Munnar on Yatra.com. Great deals are up for grabs at Yatra. Know about the services, amenities, and facilities of the property to choose what suits you best. Use promo code HOTEL17 and get up to 70% OFF while making the final booking.
Looking for hotels in Munnar?
Munnar: An Overview - Munnar is verdant rolling hills carpeted in lush-green tea plantations, lofty, craggy mountain peaks Laden in surreal mist, a virgin, wild landscape contoured by an abundance of exotic flora and fauna. The magnificent queen of the hills, Munnar is perched majestically on the Western Ghats, in the dreamy district of Idukki. One of the biggest tea-plantation towns of Southern India, the dreamlike hill station of Munnar offers a different experience and is nothing like the usual North Indian hill stations.
Munnar is known to be the home of the early inhabitants of the Muthuvan tribal community. The quaint hill station stayed unexplored till the later half of the nineteenth century. As soon as the ambitious tea-planters from the West ventured here to make the most of the rich natural resources and pleasant climatic conditions, it instantly caught their fancy. Soon after, it became the elite British Raj’s favorite summer retreat.
Madupetti, Nallathanni and Periavaru, the three rivers lend the hill station of Munnar a unique charm with mesmerizing viewpoints other than the tea-plantations. Blessed with cloud-clinging mountain tops, expansive tea estates, and a revitalizing climate to die for, this mini heaven offers a delightful refuge to tourists. Adding to its charms is the hotels in Munnar- gorgeous and peaceful that make your stay here memorable.
A Hotel Guide to Munnar
Munnar is one of the enchanting hill stations that must be visited at least once in life. Located in God’s own country, this is the jewel in the crown of Kerala tourism. This is an ideal location for those who want to spend some time in the lap of the nature. Its mesmerizing beauty, breathtaking locales, drizzles and marvelous hill tops grab the eye balls of the travelers making it a popular tourist spot throughout the year. This place is well – known for its tea and enriched in the strong essence of aromatic spices. Look for the best hotels in Munnar and witness the ethereal charm and nature’s glory in the city.
Hotels in Munnar
Munnar hotels offer well furnished rooms with all major facilities. One of the finest hotels in Munnar town is Ayur County Resort. Located close to the famous Munnar Lake, it is beautifully decorated and equipped with all major amenities. It is listed in top 5 hotels in Munnar and has earned a great reputation among travelers.
Tea Meadows is one of the luxury hotels in Munnar that offers superior services and a comfortable stay to the vacationers. It is one of the 5 star hotels in Munnar, Kerala and is highly recommended by the travelers. Hotels in Munnar city are well – known for their opulent operations and incredible hospitality services. The vacationer can book hotels in Munnar hill station, which proves to be a refreshing break from their hectic life.
If you are budget conscious, then you can also opt for the best 4-star hotels in Munnar, Kerala such as Clouds Valley, Silvertips, Hotel Hillview and a lot more. Some of them are considered among the top 10 hotels in Munnar. If one is finding more economical options, then they can also choose from 2 star hotels in Munnar and 3 star hotels in Munnar, Kerala. Among the budget hotels in Munnar, The Regency Hotel, Munnar Inn, Munnar Heaven’s Resort are some of the key properties.
Frequent travelers prefer hotels in munnar town near bus stand such as Nature Zone Resort, Pine Tree Munnar, Love Nest Holidays etc. These hotels are some of the economy hotels in Munnar that will offer economical stay.
Hotels in Munnar with Tariff
The travelers can easily find the list of best hotels in Munnar with tariff on online travel websites. It is highly recommended to make the bookings in advance so as to enjoy a hassle free stay at this mesmerizing hill station. The price of hotels at Munnar Town depends on the quality of services they are offering to their guests.
If budget is an issue, then the vacationers can go for the hotels in Munnar below 1500 such as Tree Top, Spring Dale Resort, Hotel Dhanyasree etc. The list of hotels in Munnar is never ending and thus, you should look for the best hotels in Munnar city center and explore this hill station like never before.
From calm lakes, meandering rivers, streams and rivulets, sun-kissed mountain peaks to rare assortment of flora and fauna and sylvan valleys, Munnar offers an eclectic blend of attractions that is sure to leave its visitors enchanted. Here are the top attractions of Munnar:-
• Eravikulam National Park - Located along the splendid Western Ghats, the Eravikulam National Park is a wildlife lover’s delight! This wildlife reserve is home to the endangered Niligiri Tahr, Barking Deer, Small Indian Civet and Indian Bison. It also features the highest point of South India, the peculiarly shaped Anamudi peak, nestled cozily in the southern end of the park.
• TATA Tea Museum - Deem your Munnar trip incomplete if you fail to visit the TATA Tea Museum. Located in the Nallathani Estate, this tea museum features an awe-inspiring collection of photographs and curios tracing the emergence and evolution of tea estates in Munnar. It also documents its success story right from the nascent stage to being an automated tea facility.
• Attukal Waterfalls - An invigorating creation of nature, the Attukal Waterfalls are set amidst thick vegetation and rolling hills making for an idyllic spot for family picnics and outings.
• Echo Point - Vantage-point lovers do give this place a shot not just to revel in the charm of its natural beauty but also to capture the essence of this famous spot. Echo Point earns its name from the natural illustration of echo phenomenon that one can hear reverberating in the undulating hills.
• Top Station - Top Station is the summit of Munnar that rests in the Kannan Devan Hills and is famous for being the shelter of the rare Neelakurinji plants that blooms only once in twelve (12) years.
Accommodation in Munnar
• Devoshire Greens - Experience the Western Ghats at its best at the Devonshire Greens Leisure Hotel set away from the hustle and bustle of the urban chaos. A four star luxury resort, Devonshire resides in the lap of Mother Nature and allures visitors by offering rooms in Munnar that provide panoramic views of the steep valley, emerald green tea-plantations and the enchanting Attukad waterfalls. Located just five (5) kilometers from the heart of Munnar, the resort features state-of-the-art facilities including a fitness centre, well-equipped banquet/meeting space, 24 hour front-desk, library, BBQ, luggage storage, games room, a tour desk, free parking and more. The rooms are decorated in light pristine hues, with flat-screen satellite televisions, mini-bars and cozy seating area. Other services include laundry and dry cleaning, private bathrooms with complimentary toiletries.
• Chandys Windy Woods - If you like all things lavish, Chandys Windy Woods is the perfect place to be in Munnar! The five star rated luxury resort is located in Chithirapuram, around thirteen (13) kilometers away from the city center of Munnar. The best things about this resort are the artificially placed waterfalls and trees that offer a forest-themed vibe to the place. The resort features plush facilities like a wellness centre, spa and an outdoor swimming pool. It has a 24 hour front desk to attend guest’s queries and inquiries. Other amenities include free wifi, private bathroom, free toiletries, entertainment lounge, laundry, ironing services and more.
• Rheinberg Home Stay - Set in the heart of Munnar, Rheinberg home stay is perfect for those who want to enjoy their vacation in the lap of Mother Nature. A cozy retreat that offers amazing view of the Munnar town and the surrounding locality, the rooms of this Anglo-Saxon bungalow are extremely comfortable and elegantly designed. The property provides amenities like free wifi, board games and laundry services.
• Mazhavil Homestay - Twelve (12) kilometers from the Mattupetty Dam, Mazhavil Home stay offers a triple combination of amazing views of the mountains, perfect rooms and services. The property boasts of a children’s play zone along with a free parking space with car rental services. The rooms are well designed, fitted with flat-screen televisions, attached bathrooms and free wifi. A 24 hour front desk has been set up for visitor’s convenience.
Budget Hotels/Guest House
• Kaippallil Inn - Take a steep walk uphill from the main bazaar of Munnar, you will be welcomed by the cozy hotel of Kaippallil. This place is your best budget bet if you want to stay in the city center to explore the beauty of this tranquil hill station. Don’t go on how the guest house looks from the outside, the rooms are spanking clean and this Munnar hotel is a great pick. The rooms on the top floor have tiny balconies from where one can enjoy the on and off pandemonium of this small town.
• Noahs Ark Inn - Noahs Ark provides an amazing halting point to tourists to best enjoy the hidden treasures of Munnar. Located at a convenient point, this pocket-friendly hotel offers smooth access to Munnar’s must-see spots. The hotel offers a host of amenities like free wifi, comfortable rooms with prompt room service, a restaurant, a swimming pool, parking space and more.
Apart from the above mentioned hotels and resorts, there are many restaurants in Munnar like Raspy restaurant, Saravana Bhavan, Rochas restaurant, Hill Spice restaurant, among others.
How to book hotels in Munnar?
Wondering how to book hotels online in Munnar for a wonderful holiday? Yatra is a travel website that will make it feel like a dream. One is always concerned about the accommodation if that person is visiting a city for the first time. On the Yatra website, you just have to enter Munnar as the place where you want hotels on the landing page. Then, the check-in and check-out dates have to be mentioned. It will also ask the number of rooms required according to the number of persons visiting. Then when you press the “Search” button, hundreds of different hotels will fill the screen. One can look at the various options such as the one near the railway station, the bus stand or any tourist attraction. Some can look for the price of each room or the photos of the hotels that they are selecting. One can also consider the various options that are included in these hotels. Once the screening is complete, you can then choose the required room. So if you were worrying about how to book hotels in Munnar, stop because it’s a piece of cake!
Best time to visit
Munnar is located in the Nilgiri Hills in Kerala, hence it can be visited any time of the year. The winter months are not usually very cold and hence many people visit it during the winter. Generally, the best time to visit Munnar is from September to May. Only the monsoon months should be avoided due to the heavy rainfall during this time when the roads might be treacherous. Though the ideal time to visit Munnar is not June since summer is a little warm, but in the evenings, it becomes quite pleasant.
What are the top hotels in Munnar?
Staying in Munnar is not a big problem if you have booked hotels in advance. There are a number of places to choose from. Some top hotels in Munnar include the Windermere Estate, Munnar Tea Country Resort and Camp Noel. They are a little expensive but offer wonderful staying opportunities. There are a number of OYO rooms available as well. In addition, if one is keen to stay in cheaper Munnar hotels, those are available too. Most of the hotels offer parking spaces as people commute from long distances. Other facilities on offer are travel desk, medical facilities, free breakfast and sometimes, gym and spa facilities.
Where to stay in Munnar?
Munnar is a hillside city and one has to book a room with care. For instance, if you want to be near popular tourist attractions, Megalithic Dolmens Marayoor Munnar hotels or the hotels in Munnar near Mattupetty Dam are good options. Water of the dam is used for producing hydroelectricity and is a major tourist attraction. Dolmens have been in place since the stone ages. There are some major Eravikulam National Park Munnar hotels and these provide excellent opportunities to visit the Park and the rare Nilgiri Tahr. Some other tourist attractions are Kundala Lake, Top Station and Attukal waterfalls, near which you can stay.
Does any cheap hotel in Munnar provide transoprtation services to the guests? By Rameshwari on Jan 17,2018
Yes. Idyllic Stay for Three and Double Tree Villa are two among the cheap hotels that povide transportation services. By Padmajai on Jan 17,2018
Which cheap hotels in Munnar would you recommend me to book online? By Brad on Jan 16,2018
You will find the 'Sort By' section on the webpage for cheap hotels. Click on 'Recommended' in the section and you will have the list of recommended hotels. By Mita on Jan 16,2018
Suggest some cheap hotels in Munnar? By Amita on Jan 15,2018
Honey Holidays, Bear Rock Holiday and Resort, and Sandal Breeze Hotel are some cheap hotels in Munnar. By Sushma on Jan 15,2018
Are there any hotels in Munnar with an on-site bar? By Soumava on Jan 14,2018
The following list of hotels provide on-site bar:- By Tuka on Jan 14,2018
Are there any bread and breakfast hotels in Munnar for a solo traveler?? By Ketaki on Jan 13,2018
Yes there are many bread and breakfast hotels in Munnar for all kinds of travelers. Some of the well known hotels include Grand Plaza, Misty River, Tea Valley Adventures Resort, Bamboo Dale and The Cool Resort. By Sharvani on Jan 13,2018
I am looking for cheap hotels in Munnar. Can you share any suggestions?? By Diyaa Udeen on Jan 12,2018
There are many cheap hotels in Munnar suitable fro all kinds of budget travelers. Some of the popular ones include Sandal Breeze Hotel, Sahari Mariental Resort, Oasis Heriage and Raahath Inn. By Shashikant on Jan 12,2018
Are there any budget hotels in Munnar at Pallivasal?? By Manika on Jan 11,2018
Monte Cristo Resorts, TG Rooms Pallivasal, Aadithya Regency and TG Stays Pallivasal are all good choices for budget hotels in Munnar at Pallivasal. By Varindra on Jan 11,2018
Are there any restaurants serving continental cuisine in Munnar?? By Hemamdar on Jan 10,2018
Eastend hotel, Silvertips, Bellmount restaurant, Cafe Royale and Westwood riverside garden resort are some of the popular continental serving restaurants known for their lip smacking food and popular with the tourists. By Shreya on Jan 10,2018
Can you suggest any good vegetarian restaurants in Munnar?? By Trishul on Jan 09,2018
Hotel Saravana Inn and Sree Mahaveer Bhojanalaya Restaurant are two of the popular pure vegetarian restaurants in Munnar famous for their high quality food for vegetarians By Aadhira on Jan 09,2018
Are there any good restaurants in Munnar? By Rangana on Jan 08,2018
Rapsy Restaurant, Gurubhavan Hotel, Hotel SN, Saravana Bhavan, Rochas Restaurant, Al Buhari Restaurant are some of the most popular eateries in Munnar. By Nishad on Jan 08,2018
What are some adventure activities for an outdoor loving traveler visit Munnar?? By Sheetal on Jan 07,2018
For the adventure loving tourists, Rock Climbing at Tea Valley Resort, Valley Crossing at Fun Forest Adventure Park where you can experience the beauty of Munnar from an elevation of 3600 feet and trekking to Top Station, the highest point on the Munnar-Kodaikanal Road. By Vibhuti on Jan 07,2018
Please suggest some best value for money hotels in Munnar balancing comfort and luxury. By Shikhandin on Jan 06,2018
Some of the popular choices for best value hotels in Munnar include the likes of Summit Indriya Resorts & Spa, Grand Plaza, Chandys Windy Woods and T and U Leisure Hotel. By Purvaja on Jan 06,2018
I’m looking for a serviced apartment in Munnar to stay with my family. Please suggest a good option? By Divakar on Jan 05,2018
There are options of homestays and service apartments in Munnar. T Cherry Villa is a good option By Shiven on Jan 05,2018
Are there any luxury hotels for honeymooners in Munnar?? By Makul on Jan 04,2018
Parakkat Nature Resort and Chandys Windy Woods are two luxury hotels in Munnar for honeymooners. By Ankit on Jan 04,2018
Are there any luxury heritage hotels in Munnar?? By Saibya on Jan 03,2018
Yes you can choose from Olive Brook, Bonfire Country Resort and Vanilla County as popular luxury heritage hotels in Munnar. By Dipu on Jan 03,2018
I am looking for luxury hotels in Munnar. Please suggest some choices. By Kusumanjali on Jan 02,2018
Some of the well known and popular luxury hotels in Munnar include Nature Treat, Dream Catcher Plantation Resort, Parakkat Nature Resort, Chandys Windy Woods and Forest Glade. You can choose as per your budget and location preference. By Vibhas on Jan 02,2018
Looking for budget hotels in Munnar Munnar Town that would match my wallet? By Razak on Jan 01,2018
Munnar being one of the most visited tourist spot, has a number of hotels from the star class to the budget hotels. Le Celestium, Albarad Hotel, Green Ridge, Archana Residency, Kerala For Rest Inn, Hotel Violet Woods, Treebo Swiss Garden, Aminas Cottage, Raahath Inn, Three river Paradise Inn, Sujatha Inn, Estate Residency, Karthika Residency are a few to list budget hotels in Munnar Munnar Town. By Yadunandan on Jan 01,2018
What are the top recommendations for 3-star hotels in Munnar with restaurants? By Aayoush on Dec 31,2017
There are many hotels in Munnar that have restaurants serving multi-cuisine food catering to the various tastes of their guests. But it is recommended to try the local Kerala cuisine once you are in Munnar. By Vilas on Dec 31,2017
Which are the popular 3-star hotels in Munnar with gym facilities and health centers? By BLAKE on Dec 30,2017
The list is exhaustive but the pick of the lot is Golden Ridge Mountain Resort that boasts of a lavish health club with all the latest equipment. By Brahamjeet on Dec 30,2017
What are some cheap hotels in Munnar with parking facilities? By Kamlesh on Dec 29,2017
M S Holidays, Honey Holidays, and Zion Valley Homestay are some cheap hotels in Munnar with parking facilities. By Subash on Dec 29,2017
Which are some cheap hotels in Munnar with restaurant? By Ujwal on Dec 28,2017
Some of the cheap hotels in Munnar with restaurants are Emerald Inn and Sandal Breeze Hotel. By Falguni on Dec 28,2017
Assist me with hotels in Munnar Munnar Town with children's play area? By Safiy on Dec 27,2017
One of the main facilities that we look for, while travelling with kids for a vacation is the play area. While, the adults enjoy and amaze the nature in a hill station, all that the kids have is to play. BluHaze Resorts and Spa, The Panoramic Getaway, Sterling Terrace Greens, Mountain Club Munnar, Bracknell Forest are the hotels in Munnar Munnar Town with children’s play area. By Bikram on Dec 27,2017
Can you suggest me how to book luxury hotels in Munnar with Yatra? By Yatra on Dec 26,2017
You can use this link- https://www.yatra.com/hotels/luxury-hotels-in-Munnar to book luxury hotels with Yatra. By Yatra on Dec 26,2017
Are cheap hotels available at yatra to book in Munnar? By Yatra on Dec 26,2017
Yatra welcome their customers in all the categories but if you specifically look for budget hotels in Munnar. So you need to check the filter "budget hotels" under "star ratings". By Yatra on Dec 26,2017
Do the 3-star hotels in Munnar have swimming-pool facility for the guests? By Lakshan on Dec 26,2017
Yes, there are many 3-star hotels in Munnar with swimming-pool, but ensure to follow the proper dress code as many hotels are quite strict about it. By Girik on Dec 26,2017
Do the 3-star hotels in Munnar offer complimentary Wi-Fi facilities for their guests? By Hiral on Dec 25,2017
Yes, there are many 3-star hotels in Munnar with Wi-Fi facilities. Generally, the facility is available in the hotel lobby but one can enquire at the front desk during check if rooms have the facility. By KYLE on Dec 25,2017
Are there any businesses hotels in Munnar perfect for hosting a corporate gathering? By Grhitha on Dec 24,2017
There are many 3-star hotels in Munnar with conference hall and business center facilities like the Mountain club resort. If you wish to host a business gathering then make the reservations at the time of booking. Another option is the Munnar queen which has a spacious business center capable of hosting big corporate gatherings. By Nanu on Dec 24,2017
Please suggest a few luxury hotels in Munnar that offer a luxurious and a comfortable vacation? By Yamir on Dec 23,2017
The Forest Glade is one of the best 4-star hotels and has well-furnished rooms with television, electric kettle, and an attached bathroom. Capithans Bungalow offers WiFi and breakfast service and has a multi-cuisine restaurant that provides a 360-degree view of the Anayirankal Dam and breathtaking views of the valley and the hill. The Tea Village features a dining facility, complimentary breakfast services and 24 hours free WiFi services. These are some of the best luxury hotels in Munnar. By Sudhamay on Dec 23,2017
Can I book 5 star hotel in Munnar with yatra? By Yatra on Dec 22,2017
Yatra.com has a category called "star rating" in that you can choose Munnar hotels which best suites your need. By Yatra on Dec 22,2017
Please suggest some good 4 star family hotels in Munnar? By Arhant on Dec 22,2017
Munnar is an ideal destination for a family trip and there are many good 4 star family hotels in Munnar. Siena Village, Rivulet Resorts and Golden Ridge Mountain Resort are few of them By Pritilata on Dec 22,2017
Is there any good hotel in Munnar that is suitable for a stay with kids and family? By Tanesh on Dec 21,2017
Spice Tree Munnar is one of the popular 3-star hotels in Munnar with children's play area and also a kids pool. All the hotels might not have a separate play area but there are a few hotels that have a separate kids pool and family rooms to keep the little guests engaged. By Valli on Dec 21,2017
To Submit your question please Login or Signup