On Budget Hotel Brands
On Domestic Hotels
At Tito's, Mambo's & More
On Luxury Hotel Brands
On Flights & Hotels
through MobiKwik Wallet
Earn Free Travel Vouchers
With Punjab National Bank
With Vodafone m-pesa Wallet
With RuPay Card
Instant confirmation on hotels
on Hotels in India
Find outstanding deals on hotels in Munnar, when you book through Yatra. Browse different categories of hotels, know about the property details before you make the booking. Read customer reviews to make an informed choice. Use promo code HOTEL17 to get up to 70% off on your hotel in Munnar.
Looking for hotels in Munnar?
Munnar: An Overview - Munnar is verdant rolling hills carpeted in lush-green tea plantations, lofty, craggy mountain peaks Laden in surreal mist, a virgin, wild landscape contoured by an abundance of exotic flora and fauna. The magnificent queen of the hills, Munnar is perched majestically on the Western Ghats, in the dreamy district of Idukki. One of the biggest tea-plantation towns of Southern India, the dreamlike hill station of Munnar offers a different experience and is nothing like the usual North Indian hill stations.
Munnar is known to be the home of the early inhabitants of the Muthuvan tribal community. The quaint hill station stayed unexplored till the later half of the nineteenth century. As soon as the ambitious tea-planters from the West ventured here to make the most of the rich natural resources and pleasant climatic conditions, it instantly caught their fancy. Soon after, it became the elite British Raj’s favorite summer retreat.
Madupetti, Nallathanni and Periavaru, the three rivers lend the hill station of Munnar a unique charm with mesmerizing viewpoints other than the tea-plantations. Blessed with cloud-clinging mountain tops, expansive tea estates, and a revitalizing climate to die for, this mini heaven offers a delightful refuge to tourists. Adding to its charms is the hotels in Munnar- gorgeous and peaceful that make your stay here memorable.
A Hotel Guide to Munnar
Munnar is one of the enchanting hill stations that must be visited at least once in life. Located in God’s own country, this is the jewel in the crown of Kerala tourism. This is an ideal location for those who want to spend some time in the lap of the nature. Its mesmerizing beauty, breathtaking locales, drizzles and marvelous hill tops grab the eye balls of the travelers making it a popular tourist spot throughout the year. This place is well – known for its tea and enriched in the strong essence of aromatic spices. Look for the best hotels in Munnar and witness the ethereal charm and nature’s glory in the city.
Hotels in Munnar
Munnar hotels offer well furnished rooms with all major facilities. One of the finest hotels in Munnar town is Ayur County Resort. Located close to the famous Munnar Lake, it is beautifully decorated and equipped with all major amenities. It is listed in top 5 hotels in Munnar and has earned a great reputation among travelers.
Tea Meadows is one of the luxury hotels in Munnar that offers superior services and a comfortable stay to the vacationers. It is one of the 5 star hotels in Munnar, Kerala and is highly recommended by the travelers. Hotels in Munnar city are well – known for their opulent operations and incredible hospitality services. The vacationer can book hotels in Munnar hill station, which proves to be a refreshing break from their hectic life.
If you are budget conscious, then you can also opt for the best 4-star hotels in Munnar, Kerala such as Clouds Valley, Silvertips, Hotel Hillview and a lot more. Some of them are considered among the top 10 hotels in Munnar. If one is finding more economical options, then they can also choose from 2 star hotels in Munnar and 3 star hotels in Munnar, Kerala. Among the budget hotels in Munnar, The Regency Hotel, Munnar Inn, Munnar Heaven’s Resort are some of the key properties.
Frequent travelers prefer hotels in munnar town near bus stand such as Nature Zone Resort, Pine Tree Munnar, Love Nest Holidays etc. These hotels are some of the economy hotels in Munnar that will offer economical stay.
Hotels in Munnar with Tariff
The travelers can easily find the list of best hotels in Munnar with tariff on online travel websites. It is highly recommended to make the bookings in advance so as to enjoy a hassle free stay at this mesmerizing hill station. The price of hotels at Munnar Town depends on the quality of services they are offering to their guests.
If budget is an issue, then the vacationers can go for the hotels in Munnar below 1500 such as Tree Top, Spring Dale Resort, Hotel Dhanyasree etc. The list of hotels in Munnar is never ending and thus, you should look for the best hotels in Munnar city center and explore this hill station like never before.
From calm lakes, meandering rivers, streams and rivulets, sun-kissed mountain peaks to rare assortment of flora and fauna and sylvan valleys, Munnar offers an eclectic blend of attractions that is sure to leave its visitors enchanted. Here are the top attractions of Munnar:-
• Eravikulam National Park - Located along the splendid Western Ghats, the Eravikulam National Park is a wildlife lover’s delight! This wildlife reserve is home to the endangered Niligiri Tahr, Barking Deer, Small Indian Civet and Indian Bison. It also features the highest point of South India, the peculiarly shaped Anamudi peak, nestled cozily in the southern end of the park.
• TATA Tea Museum - Deem your Munnar trip incomplete if you fail to visit the TATA Tea Museum. Located in the Nallathani Estate, this tea museum features an awe-inspiring collection of photographs and curios tracing the emergence and evolution of tea estates in Munnar. It also documents its success story right from the nascent stage to being an automated tea facility.
• Attukal Waterfalls - An invigorating creation of nature, the Attukal Waterfalls are set amidst thick vegetation and rolling hills making for an idyllic spot for family picnics and outings.
• Echo Point - Vantage-point lovers do give this place a shot not just to revel in the charm of its natural beauty but also to capture the essence of this famous spot. Echo Point earns its name from the natural illustration of echo phenomenon that one can hear reverberating in the undulating hills.
• Top Station - Top Station is the summit of Munnar that rests in the Kannan Devan Hills and is famous for being the shelter of the rare Neelakurinji plants that blooms only once in twelve (12) years.
Accommodation in Munnar
• Devoshire Greens - Experience the Western Ghats at its best at the Devonshire Greens Leisure Hotel set away from the hustle and bustle of the urban chaos. A four star luxury resort, Devonshire resides in the lap of Mother Nature and allures visitors by offering rooms in Munnar that provide panoramic views of the steep valley, emerald green tea-plantations and the enchanting Attukad waterfalls. Located just five (5) kilometers from the heart of Munnar, the resort features state-of-the-art facilities including a fitness centre, well-equipped banquet/meeting space, 24 hour front-desk, library, BBQ, luggage storage, games room, a tour desk, free parking and more. The rooms are decorated in light pristine hues, with flat-screen satellite televisions, mini-bars and cozy seating area. Other services include laundry and dry cleaning, private bathrooms with complimentary toiletries.
• Chandys Windy Woods - If you like all things lavish, Chandys Windy Woods is the perfect place to be in Munnar! The five star rated luxury resort is located in Chithirapuram, around thirteen (13) kilometers away from the city center of Munnar. The best things about this resort are the artificially placed waterfalls and trees that offer a forest-themed vibe to the place. The resort features plush facilities like a wellness centre, spa and an outdoor swimming pool. It has a 24 hour front desk to attend guest’s queries and inquiries. Other amenities include free wifi, private bathroom, free toiletries, entertainment lounge, laundry, ironing services and more.
• Rheinberg Home Stay - Set in the heart of Munnar, Rheinberg home stay is perfect for those who want to enjoy their vacation in the lap of Mother Nature. A cozy retreat that offers amazing view of the Munnar town and the surrounding locality, the rooms of this Anglo-Saxon bungalow are extremely comfortable and elegantly designed. The property provides amenities like free wifi, board games and laundry services.
• Mazhavil Homestay - Twelve (12) kilometers from the Mattupetty Dam, Mazhavil Home stay offers a triple combination of amazing views of the mountains, perfect rooms and services. The property boasts of a children’s play zone along with a free parking space with car rental services. The rooms are well designed, fitted with flat-screen televisions, attached bathrooms and free wifi. A 24 hour front desk has been set up for visitor’s convenience.
Budget Hotels/Guest House
• Kaippallil Inn - Take a steep walk uphill from the main bazaar of Munnar, you will be welcomed by the cozy hotel of Kaippallil. This place is your best budget bet if you want to stay in the city center to explore the beauty of this tranquil hill station. Don’t go on how the guest house looks from the outside, the rooms are spanking clean and this Munnar hotel is a great pick. The rooms on the top floor have tiny balconies from where one can enjoy the on and off pandemonium of this small town.
• Noahs Ark Inn - Noahs Ark provides an amazing halting point to tourists to best enjoy the hidden treasures of Munnar. Located at a convenient point, this pocket-friendly hotel offers smooth access to Munnar’s must-see spots. The hotel offers a host of amenities like free wifi, comfortable rooms with prompt room service, a restaurant, a swimming pool, parking space and more.
Apart from the above mentioned hotels and resorts, there are many restaurants in Munnar like Raspy restaurant, Saravana Bhavan, Rochas restaurant, Hill Spice restaurant, among others.