Port Blair Hotels
Looking for best hotels in Port Blair?
Port Blair: An Overview
- Surrounded by jagged coastlines, tropical vegetation and dreamy islands, Port Blair is simply straight out of a postcard. This lively city serves as the provincial capital of the Andaman Islands and boasts of an enthralling history that calls for an extensive exploration. This Indian Territory in the Bay of Bengal is a tourist-friendly spot that has plenty of interesting and engrossing attractions to explore.
Port Blair is the gateway to the enchanting serenity and beauty of the Andaman Islands. Soak your soul in the pristine ocean water, explore the diverse range of flora and fauna, revel in the charm of the exotic marine life, and engage in the rich culture and history that it has to offer, indulge in some thrilling adventure sports… Port Blair has so much to offer to travelers and nature lovers. Hotels in Port Blair also contribute to making your vacation a lot more memorable.
Top Highlights of Port Blair
• Historical Tours
- The entry-point of the Andaman Islands is the perfect example of panoramic beauty coalesced with striking chronicles of the bygone eras. The exquisite island played a pivotal role in the colonial past and pre-independent Indian history. The best way to experience all this is take historical tours in and around the island. Start with the Cellular Jail, the definitive attraction of this tour. Pick the Ross Island as the next destination of this trip to enjoy a dramatic light and sound rendition demonstrating the glorious annals of the island followed by the historical Japanese bunkers near Corbyn’s Cove offering a grim insight into the island’s disturbing past.
• Best Beaches and Islands
- Port Blair is a sought after tourist destination famous for its prismatic islands and beaches. Corbyn’s Cove Beach is a tourist’s favorite, with its immaculate shorelines tasseled with swaying palm and coconut trees. Spend some moments of solitude at this quaint beach swimming and basking in the sun. Chidiya Tapu is another delightful attraction of Port Blair famous for being a popular picnic spot and birds retreat. The island also offers awe-inspiring sunsets.
• Museum hopping
- Port Blair possesses numerous museums that incredibly exhibit a diverse set of artifacts. Start your day-long museum quest with the Samudrika Marine Museum to get a deep insight into ancient archaeology and marine life. The Anthropological Museum is a historical delight that promises to take visitors to a different world of Paleolithic Islanders. Do not forget to visit the Zoological Survey of India Museum and the Fisheries Museum to get a unique experience of the plant, animal and marine kingdom.
• Adventure activities
- Not just a nature lover’s paradise, Port Blair is the dream destination for adventure sports lover. Watch closely the enthralling marine life at the Wandoor & Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park by enjoying activities like semi-submarine or glass bottom boat ride without having to step into the ocean. Try scuba diving and snorkeling at the Jolly Buoy Island and do not forget to trek up to the highest point in South Andaman- Mount Harriet.
Accommodation in Port Blair
• Fortune Resort Bay Island
- One of the finest luxury accommodations in Port Blair, the Fortune Resort Bay Island offers breathtaking views of the azure blue Bay of Bengal. Overlooking the majestic ocean, the property features contemporary rooms with private balconies. Each room comes equipped with air-conditioning, a separate seating area, private bathrooms, refrigerator, free complimentary and more. The luxury resort also features sea facing open deck restaurant, an outdoor swimming pool, convenient services like 24-hour front desk, travel assistance and so on.
• Hotel Sentinel
- Offering tastefully appointment rooms in Port Blair with private bathrooms, seating area and private balconies, Hotel Sentinel is another luxury property just six hundred meters away from the Phoenix Bay Jetty. The property focuses on making your getaway memorable and comfortable by offering superlative services like an outdoor swimming pool, meeting facilities, tour desk, a top-notch restaurant serving Chinese, Continental and Indian fares. The hotel also offers free parking and amazing garden and pool views from all the rooms.
• Hotel Haywizz
- Located bang on the center of the Port Blair city, Hotel Haywizz is a luxury property that provides lavish stay with top-notch amenities. Its proximity to the prime attractions makes it the ideal place to stay when in Port Blair. Enjoy your stay at the Hotel Haywizz by availing services like free wifi, free parking, in-house restaurant, 24-hour front desk and more.
• J Hotel
- Apart from its proximity to all the major attractions of Port Blair, J Hotel’s uniqueness lies in its design and creation. The elegantly crafted boutique hotel is located in the center of the city offering top-of-the-line accommodation and travel assistance. The non-smoking hotel is equipped with all modern facilities required for a memorable and relaxing stay. All rooms are designed classily with proper air-conditioning, mini bar, en suite bathrooms. Guests can treat their taste buds during their stay by noshing on delectable fares served by the in-house restaurant.
• Aashiaanaa Residency Inn
- Feel at home at pocket-friendly rates at the Aashiaanaa Residency Inn located just a drive away from the Mount Harriet National Park. The cozy and comfortable hotel offers all the basic amenities like well-furnished rooms, 24-hour front desk, car rentals, travel assistance and more.
• Ocean Terrace
- Enjoy the sun terrace and views of the majestic oceans at the Ocean Terrace hotel. A perfect place to unwind and relax after a day-long tooling around the island city, Ocean Terrace is one of the top-rated budget hotels in Port Blair. The hotel provides a plethora of services at competitive rates. For guest’s comfort, the property offer rooms with private balconies, terrace, bathrooms, free toiletries, on-site restaurant and more. Other services provided by the hotel include free parking, 24-hour front desk, bike and car rentals, among others.
- One of the best-value properties in Port Blair, Ixzire is a tropical fantasyland nestled in the lush greenery against the backdrop of the Mount Harriet National Park. This off-the-beaten-path hotel features air-conditioned accommodations, on-site restaurants, prompt room service, care rentals, free parking, just to mention a few.
So, book your Port Blair hotel today!
Recommended hotel in Port Blair
- Placed at a distance of 5 km from Zonal Anthropological Museum, Hornbill Nest has breakfast as one of its complimentary offerings. The property in Port Blair is accessible from the Central Bus Stand, which is 5 km away.
There is a restaurant that serves a selection of delicacies to its patrons. Guests have the option to choose from its 17 well-kept rooms that are fitted with required conveniences. Each room includes television, writing desk, comfortable bed, bottled drinking water, makeup mirror, closet, toiletries, ceiling fan, attached bathroom and hot/cold water supply. Hornbill Nest provides laundry, housekeeping, and bellboy to its visitors.
Furthermore, the accommodation in Port Blair has car parking, wake-up calls, 24-hour front desk, and travel counter available on the premises. Veer Savarkar International Airport (6 km) is one of the travel hubs help guests reach the hotel.
Visitors can explore tourist spots like Munda Pahar Trek Point (22 km) and Cellular Jail - National Memorial (5 km).