- Special Deals
based on the tripadvisor popularity
Rating From 356 Review(s) Read All Reviews
- Check-in From 12:00 PM
- Check-out Until 12:00 AM
The Peacock Houseboats offers internet access and 24 hour room service. It is located on the beautiful Nagin Lake, 1 km from Bagh-e-Shagufta. The houseboats in Srinagar boast 15 wellfurnished rooms. It features antique wooden furniture and spacious carpeted sitting rooms, bedroomswith en suite bathrooms and dining room.
The houseboats are complete with amenities like internet access and cable television. The houseboats offer a cushioned verandah for viewsof the turquoise lake, sky-scrapping mountains covered partially with cloudsand green valleys.
The breakfasts include authentic Kashmiri, Indian and continental cuisine and homely cooked food are served at the dining room between 7a.m to 10p.m. The Srinagar International Airport is 19km away while the Srinagar Railway Station is 17 km away from the the Peacock Houseboats.
Best ever prices for your stay
Save your money now by making a reservation today.
|Room Type||Inclusions & Amenities||Total Price for 1 Night|
Deluxe Room Only
10 Rooms Left!
Deluxe Room With Breakfast
10 Rooms Left!
Deluxe Room With Breakfast and Dinner
10 Rooms Left!
Important Landmarks Nearby
- Art Gallery 0.23 km
- Welcomheritage Gurkha Houseboat 0.36 km
- Nagin Lake 0.7 km
- Lake Shore Hassanabad 1.45 km
- Kathi Darwaza 1.53 km
- Gurudwara Chatti Padshahi 1.61 km
- Hari Parbat Fort 1.7 km
- Madin Sahib 1.76 km
- Sangeeni Darwaza 1.78 km
- Hazratbal Dargah 1.9 km
- Iqbal Library 2.06 km
- Bachi Darwaza 2.13 km
- Kashmir University 2.13 km
- Kuker Bagh Lake 2.59 km
- Sheikh Abdullah Tomb 2.63 km
- Jama Masjid Nowhatta 2.64 km
- Historical Mosque 2.64 km
- Naqsh Band Sahib Ziarat 2.69 km
- Srinagar Hill Station 3.07 km
- Kolu Houseboats 3.11 km
- Tomb of Zain Ul Abidian 3.17 km
You might also like these hotels
- Hotel Asian Park 4.5 Review Score - 170 reviews
- Batra Hotels and Residences 4.5 Review Score - 365 reviews
- Akbar Group of Heritage Houseboat 5.0 Review Score - 289 reviews
- The Grand Mamta 4.0 Review Score - 215 reviews
- Comrade Inn 4.0 Review Score - 243 reviews
- Moon Valley Houseboat 5.0 Review Score - 157 reviews
- Hotel Pacific 4.5 Review Score - 233 reviews
- Mannat Resort 4.5 Review Score - 50 reviews
- Hotel Spring Hills 4.5 Review Score - 40 reviews
- Wangnoo Houseboats 4.0 Review Score - 236 reviews
- Jamal Resort 3.5 Review Score - 185 reviews
- Hotel Ahdoos 3.5 Review Score - 47 reviews
- View Yatra Reviews
- View Hotel Reviews
- View Room Reviews
by Shiva on Jun 10,2017
What's Good: The boat was well maintained, facilties were good. Wifi was excellent.
What needs to improve : Service can be little better.
by Zee Y on
We really enjoyed our stay in Peacock Houseboat. Location was excellent house boat was very charming and welcoming. Loved the smell of the crisp and clean linens. Service was wonderful. Mr Bashir and his son Rahil and staff made us feel at home. As a lady travelers we felt very safe in Kashmir we loved every minute of our vacation. See you soon Kashmir and Peacock Houseboats!
Perfect place to stay
I've been traveling alone in Srinagar and first of all want to thank Mr.Bashir, the owner of Peacock Houseboat, for everything he's done...His hospitality is beyond belief! Every problem traveler could face Mr.Bashir can solve!And this is really important.Inside the Houseboat was very nice, wood interior makes you feel comfortable and calm. On that lake atmosphere is really tranquil. Stuff was friendly and polite...Food tasty.Every detail is like in good hotel somewhere in Europe.So next time in Srinagar I will definitely stay in this place!
Memorable visit to kashmir
by Vishal S on
Really nice service provided by peacock.. houseboat stay was really amazing & once in lifetime experience, enjoyed nigeen lake & sunrise in houseboat....& shikara ride in Dal lake.....all hotels staff, driver & all people are so nice...Really experienced a real "mehmaan nawazi" of Kashmir.....
by Mariam B on
I took a travel package with peacock traveller and was overwhelmed with the hospitality. The entire arrangement was done so well with perfect planning. They accommodated any changes and were willing to ensure travel was safe and enjoyable. Saiqa mam and the entire staff was very helpful, thank you peacock traveller for this wonderful experience
by Sukanya S on
I had an mesmerising trip of kashmir within our budget under the supervision of Peacock Holidays & Hospitality. As I had booked through travel triangle, Saika Mam came in touch with us and she has planned the trip as per our budget and dates. Without the slightest hesitation, I should admit that she is a great host. I had booked the journey almost 3 months back and throughout the interim period, we were so much confused on hearing bogus news on media about terror attcks and she kept on pacifying us assuring the utmost security and comfort. Finally when we visited, it was so safe and the kasmiris were so hospitable towards the tourists, it can't be explained unless one visits there. You will repent if you defrain from visiting kashmir just in the apprehension of terrorism falsely criticised in the media. If you are truly intereted to enjoy Kashmir in its true essence away from the hustle and bustle of the metro traffic, do kindly stay in the houseboats. Nigeen lake seemed to be more cleaner and equipped with better houseboats than that of Dal Lake though the latter is more popular. Peacock Houseboats Srinagar is no less than a 3 star hotel and the food was too homely and tasty. Once you visit, you will get to realise how the paper and social-media exaggerate the news of minamal terror fights in the border areas as a big fat terror attack throughout the state. Common men should come forward to combat the plight of the state as their economy is largely dependent on tourism. Since its bit expensive to visit Kashmir, people think why not visit abroad within the same budget and herein they err. No other place can give you the feel of this alluring and majestic charm of Kashmir. I would opine to visit the place in April when you can witness the #TulipFestival and enjoy snow in most of Kashmir. As a whole, the trip was very exciting and relaxing.
- Room service
- Front desk
Media & Entertainment
- Internet Access
Safety & Security
- 24-Hour Security
From 12:00 AM
Until 12:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type. Please check what room conditions may apply when selecting your room above.
- The primary guest must be at least 18 years of age to check into this hotel.
- As per Government regulations, It is mandatory for all guests above 18 years of age to carry a valid photo identity card & address proof at the time of check-in. In case, check-in is denied by the hotel due to lack of required documents, you cannot claim for the refund & the booking will be considered as NO SHOW.
- Unless mentioned, the tariff does not include charges for optional room services (such as telephone calls, room service, mini bar, snacks, laundry etc). In case, such additional charges are levied by the hotel, we shall not be held responsible for it.
- All hotels charge a compulsory Gala Dinner Supplement on Christmas and New Year's eve. Other special supplements may also be applicable during festival periods such as Dusshera, Diwali etc. Any such charge would have to be cleared directly at the hotel.
- In case of an increase in the hotel tariff (for example, URS period in Ajmer or Lord Jagannath Rath Yatra in Puri) the customer is liable to pay the difference if the stay period falls during these dates.
- Yatra.com will not be responsible for any service issues at the hotel
How do I know my reservation was booked?
You will receive an SMS and email on confirmation of your hotel booking.
Do I need to confirm my reservation?
There is no need to confirm your reservation. If you still feel you would like to verify that your reservation was made, you can do so by writing to our Customer Support Team or by contacting our customer services team.
How do I cancel/amend a hotel reservation?
To cancel a booking log in to My Bookings section or call our call center on 955 5800 800(all networks).
Is there a cancellation policy for Hotels booked on Yatra?
The cancellation policy for hotel bookings varies according to hotel and room type. For more information, please check the cancellation policy mentioned next to the price for the room type. If you are cancelling after the check-in date, there will be no refund. In all cases, you'll be charged a standard cancellation fee of Rs. 250 per booking over and above the hotel's own cancellation charges.
How do I pay for the gala dinner?
Gala dinner charges which are applicable for Christmas and New Year dates would be extra and payable directly to the hotel. Please check with the hotel directly for more information on the same.