Kindly share feedback on your search experience
Thank you for your valuable feedback
Filter your Search
Fri, 30 Oct (1 Night) Choose Dates Click Here to enter journey dates and view all prices
Book CLOSEST Hotels to U S Consulate General in Chennai at Yatra.com. Book from 759 Hotels Near U S Consulate General.Know about the Safe and Hygienic Hotels near U S Consulate General which follows safety measures like Hygienic Rooms, Trained Staff, Sanitized Indoors. Get the Best deals and offers on booking Chennai Hotels Near U S Consulate General. ✔ Use coupon code: YTFESTIVE & get up to 40% OFF on selected domestic hotels.
Located on the Coromandel Coast, Chennai has a deep rooted cultural past mainly due to its rich Dravidian culture. It is known as the Detroit of India because of the many automobile factories and offices located in the city. The beaches, rich heritage, temples, monuments and traditional South Indian cuisine make it a great city to visit.
The US Consulate in Chennai, located at Anna Salai, represents the interests of the United States of America in Chennai and the surrounding area. It is one of America’s largest adjudication posts and ranks first globally in terms of the number of employment visas processed. The consulate sees a vast number of visitors every month for visa application, to use the American Library or for the other services offered by the Consulate.
Many tourist spots in the city are easily accessible from the hotels near US Consulate Chennai, such as:
• Government Museum, Egmore (2.5 km): The Government Museum is known to be one of oldest museums in India, and has the largest collection of Roman antiquities outside of Europe along with artifacts, palm-leaf manuscripts, and other objects. The National Art Gallery in the premises has rare works of traditional art like paintings by Raja Ravi Verma, Thanjavur paintings, and others.
• Marina Beach (4.2 km): One of the longest beaches in India, it sees a heavy influx of tourists and visitors. The beach also has an array of street vendors and eateries to choose from.
• Parthasarathy Temple (4.3 km): Located in Triplicane, the Parthasarathy Temple was built by the Pallavas in the 8th century and is the oldest temple in Chennai known for its colored gopuram, carved pillars, and the sacred water tank.
• Fort St George (6.3 km): Considered as the first British establishment in India, Fort St George was founded in 1644 in Madras. Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly and other official buildings are housed within the fort, along with St Mary? Church, which is the Oldest Anglican church in India.
• Arignar Anna Zoological Park (30 km): Also known as Vandalur Zoo, it is among the largest in the nation and houses over 1500 animals belonging to different species including mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians including a lion safari, an elephant safari, and a crocodile enclosure.
There are plenty of tech and business parks located in close proximity to the US consulate in Chennai such as Olympia Tech Park at 10 km, International Tech Park Chennai at 9 km, and RMZ Corp at 12 km to name a few.
• Cabs : The most convenient way to travel within the city would be to avail one of the many cab services available via online or direct bookings.
• Train : The easiest way to get around the city would be to use the Chennai Metro Rail or the Chennai Suburban trains which connect all the major parts of the city. The most common line is the Chennai Beach-Tambaram route which passes through the Tirsulam Railway Station near the airport. The closest train station to the hotels near US Consulate Chennai is the Kodambakkam station which is 4 km away.
• Bus : Metropolitan Transport Corporation (MTC) buses are another option for getting around the city since they cover almost every major area.
• Rickshaws : Auto rickshaws are also a great way to travel around the city quickly.
Nearest hotels to the US Consulate Chennai
Best Value Hotels
• Gemini Inn: It is located less than 1 km away from the US Consulate and has amenities like air conditioning, TV, attached bathroom with hot and cold shower, and other basic toiletries. It has a multi-cuisine restaurant, Tulip Garden which offers Indian, Chinese and Continental dishes. The hotel also offers car rental facility.
• Oriental Inn: It is located about 2 km away from the US Consulate and has amenities like premium bedding, drinking water, tea/coffee maker and attached bathroom with hot/cold running water. Apart from this, it has a travel counter, restaurant, room service, laundry service, and parking area within the premises.
• The Raintree Hotel: It is one of the best hotels near US Consulate Chennai. There are 230 rooms spread over 14 floors. The rooms include a work desk, LCD TV, tea/coffee maker, attached bathroom, premium bedding, and bottled/drinking water. The hotel also has a business center, poolside bar, restaurant, conference room, and spa within the premises. It is located at a distance of about 3 km from the US Consulate Chennai.
• The Park Hotel: has 214 rooms and suites spread over 9 floors. Located less than 1 km away from the US Consulate, the hotel has amenities like premium bedding, tea/coffee maker, bottled water, toiletries, attached bathroom with a rain shower. The hotel has the Lotus Restaurant which offers Thai cuisine and a nightclub called Pasha. The hotel also has a work space, gym, yoga and meditation rooms together with steam/sauna chambers and whirlpools.
• Park Hyatt: This is a luxury hotel that has 201 rooms spread over 8 floors. The rooms have a TV, tea/coffee maker, attached bathroom with designer toiletries. Located around 7 km away from the US Consulate, the hotel has facilities like spa, pool, gym, a restaurant with attached bar, limousine service with airport transfers, free Wi-Fi, and currency exchange.
• Hyatt Regency: It is one of the nearest hotels to the US Consulate Chennai. Located around 2 km away from the US Consulate, this 5-star hotel has amenities like free Wi-Fi, wardrobe, complimentary toiletries, bottled drinking water, and housekeeping service. This hotel has a gymnasium, spa center, nightclub, outdoor pool, and a lounge along with facilities like 24 hours laundry service, 24 hours in room dining, travel desk assistance, 24 hours concierge services, baby sitter on request, and doctor on call.
Some of the restaurants near the above mentioned hotels are Apoorva Vegetarian restaurant, Dindigul Thalappakatti Restaurant, Hotel Saravana Bhawan, Prego, Delma restaurant, Bayleaf restaurant.
There are many options to choose from for visitors looking to stay at hotels near the US Consulate Chennai whether it is for business or holiday providing easy access to the important attractions and restaurants around the city.