Himachal Pradesh covers the north front of the country, offering the tourists with some of the most wonderful hill stations in the world and Manali is undoubtedly one of the most visited one. The main credit goes to its snow covered peaks, alluring ambience, gorgeous valleys and lush greenery. It is a charming slope station located at the reservoir of the River Beas. The tourist from all parts of the world, look for best tour packages for Manali, every year, as it is the most appreciated getaway in India.
While this place is a blessing for adventure seekers because of the tall mountains and hills that coax activities like skiing, paragliding, climbing, biking and trekking, at the same time, the town also attracts the sloppy travelers to book Manali tour packages and enjoy the calmness and positive vibes of the place. Located on the way to popular destinations such as Ladakh and Spiti, it is a famous stopover which is included in most of the North India tour packages.
Manali has always been a very popular destination for the old as well as young travelers who look for cheapest Manali tour packages to experience the perfect solitude and calmness at its best. This beautiful region is a perfect blend of historical structures, natural sceneries and gorgeous man-made wonders of the contemporary times. Thus, there are so many things to see & do in Manali. You can book the guided Manali tour packages to enjoy perfect vacations or you can read this short Manali Tourism guide to plan your vacation, properly.
How to reach Manali?
You can reach Manali by air through the nearest airport located at Bhuntar, which is a well-connected to major cities such as Chandigarh and Delhi.
You can even reach Manali through AC & Non AC buses from many places such as New Delhi, Dharamshala, Kullu, Leh & Shimla. You can book the Manali holiday packages in which the transport is also included or you can book Volvo buses that are good at riding in the mountainous regions. You can even book private cabs to Manali.
Best places to visit in Manali are –
Beas River – The River is also known as Vipasha and it is a very significant holy river flowing through the state of Punjab & Himachal Pradesh. The river carries many folklore and historical legends with itself. It passes through the dense forest of birch, pine & deodar in Manali along with going through the snow covered mountains, as well. The river alone attracts thousands of tourist mostly pilgrims from all parts of the world. This site provides beautiful scenery for clicking some of the most amazing picture of lifetime.
● Rohtang Pass – An entrance to the Spiti and Lahaul Valley, the Rohtang Pass is one of the most popular destinations in this area, which is why, it is always included in all the best tour packages for Manali. It is 51 kilometers away from the Manali town, situated at the Keylong Highway. It is one of the most impressive and highest passes of this region therefore a visit to Rohtang Pass, at least once in lifetime, is a must. It is a natural divider that separates the Spiti & Lahaul Mountains from the Kullu valleys which brings the Buddhist and Hinduism cultures, together at one place. You can enjoy many adventure activities at this site such as skating, paragliding, etc. You can even move ahead to get the glimpse of the Gaypan peaks and Sonapani Glaciers.
● Bhrigu Lake – This is a very popular site, famously known as the Pool of Gods. It is a magnificently attractive
water body, located 43 kilometers away from the hustle and bustle of the Manali town. The lake attracts thousands of tourists and trekkers who love the crystal clear water and serene atmosphere of this place. Being one of the most important glacial lakes at the Kullu valley, this place serves as an ideal spot for weekend getaways. The lake is surrounded by snow covered Himalayan peaks at all sides. You can even visit the water spring, Nehru Kund which is located near the Bhrigu Lake.
● Solang Valley – Located between the Beas Kund and Solang village, it is a gorgeous valley which is around 13 kilometers away from the town, known for its picturesque views. At this place, the travelers can enjoy magnificent views of the snow covered peaks, icy plains & frozen glaciers. The elevation of this place is perfect to enjoy skiing on slopes and to play with friends and family in the snow. The newlywed couples book Manali packages for honeymoon to visit this valley and to feel like a kid once again, playing with your spouse as you both slide and slip in the snow. If you are an adventure buff, you can even visit the very famous Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering & Allied Sports. Every year, in winters the adventurists come here for classes to learn snow sports.
● Jogni Waterfalls – If you wish to see one of the most astonishing place in Manali then Jogni waterfalls or commonly called Jugni Waterfalls is the best option. Located just 3 kilometer away from Manali, you can easily reach here with the help of a cab. As soon as you get close to the falls, you can feel the natural beauty that covers the entire area. The route consists of narrow roads and beautiful streams along with lanes of orchards and pine forests, to add to the splendor of the place. The best time to visit here is during afternoons when you get to catch the sunlight falling on the waterfall droplets, revealing some of the most incredible beauties of the natural world.
The most thrilling and adventurous activities to do when in Manali -
● River Rafting – The Beas River allow the travelers to enjoy one of the most amazing river rafting experience in Himachal Pradesh. This sport fills you up with excitement as you try to survive on the flowing water on a raft.
● Paragliding – Embracing the sky on a colorful glider is one of the most amazing sports to try when in Manali. This sport is best for adventure enthusiasts who want to feel the wind like flying bird. You can enjoy some of the most breathtaking views of major mountains, hills and rivers. The Solang Valley is best place to enjoy Paragliding in Manali.
● Skiing – Manali provides its visitors with lots of snow along with perfect slopes to enjoy best winter sports such as skiing. You can slide down the snow covered slopes along with enjoying stunning alpine views. Proper training is provided to beginners and tourists. You can enjoy skiing at Rohtang Pass, Solang Valley, Dhundi, Gulaba, & Marhi in Manali.
● Trekking – Manali is a paradise for trek lovers. There are so many places and abundant scope for trying, learning, practicing and enjoying trekking in Manali. These popular trails - Baranag Trek, Rohtang Pass, Bhrigu Lake Trek, Sar Pass, Chanderkhani Pass, etc serve as the most beautiful destinations for providing the best trekking experiences of lifetime.
● Zorbing – Getting into a giant transparent plastic ball and then travelling down the slope, this is known as zorbing! It is a very interesting adventure sport that you can enjoy at Solang Valley. It is pure adventure and an amazing experience that you will remember throughout your life.
Major Nearby Villages or Town near Manali are –
● Kasol – Resting peacefully at Parvati Valleys, Kasol is a must visit for tourist coming to Manali. It is a hamlet situated between two hill stations - Manikaran and Bhuntar. You can easily reach Kasol by booking a bus from Manali to enjoy looking at the stunning Himalayan peaks. This small place attracts millions of visitors from all parts of the world who value the peculiar and untouched beauty of Kasol. The limited population, moderate climate and calm surroundings round the year, encourage the backpackers to visit Kasol along with Manali, year after year. The hippie culture of this region is extremely popular and they welcome the tourists to camp in Kasol, round the year. The happy vibes, cheerful ambience, dense coniferous forests, all of these factors contribute to make this tiny hill station, a major attention drawer in the world.
● Malana – It is a very famous traditional village located near Kullu Valley. This place has always enticed the travelers from different cities and nations to visit here and discover its distinct culture and ancient lifestyle. The Manali tourists must save a day for this village, to enjoy an isolated site in its purest form. Centuries have passed, but the place retains its traditional values and it is one of the oldest examples for democratic system in the world. The people of the village guard their ancient cultural values from the evils of contemporary world, by following their own governance system; Independent from the rest of the Nation. An interesting fact about the economy of this region is that it runs on the production and sale of cannabis strains in its purest form, popularly known as the “Malana Cream”. Overall, the delicate beauty, the conventional lifestyle and adventure sports, make Malana, a must visit for tourists coming to Manali.
Conclusion - The best time to visit Manali is between Aprils to October. Therefore, being a very popular summer destination in India, it is suggested to book Manali tour packages in advance to get best discounts on deals. You can even visit this hill station during Decembers to avail best discount deals and to enjoy traveling in Manali, when the crowd is limited.