– The city is famously known for its lakes and as the crown jewel for the Rajasthan State. Udaipur is perfectly surrounded with gorgeous Aravalli Hills which offers tourists with lovely sightseeing attractions. This tiny Venice located in the East has a lot to offer to its visitors from beautiful structures to rich natural beauty and from breathtaking lake views to mesmerizing temples. Thus, it is a very famous tourist destination in India and people from all parts of the world look for all-inclusive Udaipur tour packages, to visit here.
Udaipur is surrounded by four beautiful lakes, settled in a valley, which makes it a holder of many natural offerings. It is one of the most charming destinations in the world and with the best tour packages for Udaipur, you can ensure to enjoy a pleasant stay in this new city. Just a ride on a boat through Lake Pichola is enough to justify the names that this city has earned so far to describe its charm such as – “Venice in East” or “Jewel of Mewar” or “Pride of Rajasthan.”
Thus, no doubt about the fact that a trip to Udaipur will be full of fun and excitement so you can simply go online and look for the cheapest Udaipur tour packages, to make your trip affordable as well. You can book Udaipur holiday packages which may include a visit to the nearby cities, too.
Some of the very famous tourist destinations near Udaipur are –
● Mount Abu
How to reach Udaipur?
Maharana Pratap Airport
is just 24 kilometers away from the Udaipur city, so the place is well connected to other major cities of the country by air. Cities like Jaipur, Mumbai, and Delhi have daily two or three direct flights to Udaipur.
● Reaching Udaipur by Train
– It is a very convenient option as the city has two railways stations – the Rana Pratap Nagar Railways and Udaipur City Railways. Both are well connected to major areas in India such as Agra, Kota, Ajmer, Jaipur, Mumbai, New Delhi, Bangalore and Kolkata.
● Reaching Udaipur on Road
– Udaipur lies in between Mumbai and Delhi and the road travelers may also drive from Ahmadabad and Jaipur, as well as from Kota. The national highway connects most of the cities to Udaipur on road.
Major road routes to Udaipur are given below –
● Delhi – Udaipur: 10 hours approx.
● Jaisalmer – Udaipur: 8 hours approx.
● Jodhpur – Udaipur: 4 hours approx.
● Ahmadabad – Udaipur: 5 hours approx.
● Mumbai – Udaipur: 12 hours approx.
● Jaipur – Udaipur: 5 hours approx.
● Chennai – Udaipur: above 30 hours
● Kolkata – Udaipur: 30 hours
● Hyderabad – Udaipur: one day trip
● Gurgaon – Udaipur: 10 hours approx.
● Pune – Udaipur: 15 hours approx.
● Bangalore – Udaipur: 26 hours approx.
● Amritsar – Udaipur: 16 hours approx.
● Goa – Udaipur: 22 hours approx.
● Varanasi – Udaipur: 17 hours
● Agra – Udaipur: 10 hours approx.
● Chandigarh – Udaipur: 14 hours.
● Shimla – Udaipur: 16 hours
The tourists must book best tour packages for Udaipur
which includes everything from best mode to reach Udaipur to accommodation, from sightseeing to major tourist activities. While booking Udaipur holiday packages make sure that you book a cab too, as the local transport to go around the city. It is a convenient option and cheaper, at the same time.
Accommodation in Udaipur –
● Luxury Hotels
– The Oberoi Udaivilas, Blu Feather Hotel and Spa, Taj Lake Palace, The Leela Palace, Trident Udaipur .
● Budget Hotels
– Krishna Ranch, Jai Villa Homestay, Little Garden Guest House, Gypsy Child Lake Hostel, Shree Govind Palace, Hari Niwas Guest House, Hostel Crawl, Khudala House and many others.
● Udaipur Resorts
- TatSaraasa Resort & Spa, Tree Leaf Vantara Resorts & Spa, The Jhadol Safari Resort, Araliayas Resort, The Amargarh, Hill Garden Retreat.
Best time to visit Udaipur – October to March
It is considered as the best time to visit this beautiful place. From July to the month of September, monsoons create a humid atmosphere in the city but if you are a nature lover, then you can visit during monsoons to enjoy the lush greenery. Usually, summers must be avoided by the tourists but many people visit during this period too as it is the off-season therefore the crowd is limited and the Udaipur tour package is generally available with good discounts. Winters is the best time to visit this city as the temperature is low and you also enjoy many festival and traditional events in these months.
Weather in Udaipur –
● April to June – Summers
● July to September – Monsoon
● October to March – Winters
Best places to visit in Udaipur –
– It is a heavenly site located in the middle of the city. It is an artificial lake, largest and oldest in the city. Thousands of tourists visit this lake to look at its beauty and calmness. Surrounded with heritage structures, lofty hills and beautiful ghats, it is a very nice place to spend some quality time with your spouse or lover which is why all Udaipur packages for honeymoon
include this site, on their list. The entire area is dipped into golden hues during evenings by the reflection of the sun. If you want to find a rescue from your tiring routine, then this is the best place for you. Being exciting & peaceful at the same time, makes this place a perfect getaway for people of all ages.
– A huge structure settled on the bank of the Lake Pichola, popularly known as the City Palace of Udaipur is said to be the biggest royal structure in the state of Rajasthan. This royal palace was constructed by Maharana (King) Uday Singh in 1559 and his successors kept adding many structures in it. Surrounded by natural beauty of Aravalli hills, built with marble and granite, City Palace offers a beautiful contrast of natural and manmade marvels. The architecture of the palace is a result of Chinese, European, and medieval influence. The City Palace is an accumulation of many structures which are – Bari Pol, Tripolia, Hathi Pol, Amar Vilas, Badi Mahal, Fateprakash Palace, Durbar Hall, Bhim Vilas, Chini Chirashala, Choti Chitrashali, Krishna Vilas, Manak Mahal, Mor Chowk, Rang Bhawan, Sheesh Mahal, Zenana Mahal (Museum) and much more. Thus, you need to take out a whole day separately to look at the architectural geniuses of City Palace.
– It is second biggest artificial lake in India after the Govind Ballabh Pant Sagar. Being surrounded by a wildlife sanctuary, the lake offers pleasing natural ambience. The tourist can take a day off to spend some carefree hours at the lake along with visiting the sanctuary to spot migratory birds and rare animals. Surrounded by pleasant surroundings, this spot is the best place to spend time with family. The local name for this place is Dhebar Lake. You can even visit the nearby Mewar Temple to see the commitment of the local people towards the divine. The lake is beautiful, clean and a real bliss for nature buffs. Being situated, away from the chaos of the town, the place is a must visit.
Doodh Talai Musical Garden
– It is a famous garden where you can enjoy fountains, rocks and the beautiful sunset at evenings. You can go for cable car rides from Karni Mata Temple to the Doodh Talai Garden and look at the large expanse of Udaipur.
The Sajjangarh Palace
– It is located at the Bansdara Mt. peak and is famously named as the Monsoon Palace because it was used to look at the progress of the Monsoon season and also as summer recoil by the Mewar Kings.
The Fateh Sagar Lake
– This is another sparkling lake situated in the North West part of the city and serving as a very popular tourist spot. It is well-known for its charming beauty and calmness which attracts tourists from all parts of the world. You can take a ride at Moti Magri Road to enjoy extraordinary views of the lake. The tourists here can try out boating and many other water sports, too. The entire area is divided into three parts, the biggest of which has Nehru Park, boat-shaped eateries and zoo for the kids, the second one includes park with fountains and the last one comprises of the biggest solar observing area in entire continent of Asia – Udaipur Solar Observatory.
– It is a recreational centre situated in the north of Panchwati region. It is an ideal place for picnic lovers to spend some laidback hours with friends and family. The evenings here are incredible, when the sky shines golden and the air is cool and relaxing. The majestic fountains and beautiful lights make it a must-see place for every tourist visiting Udaipur.
Saheliyon Ki Bari
– It is a royal garden also known as the Garden of Maidens, located on the bank of Fateh Sagar Lake. It features beautiful landscapes, green lawns, charming fountains and soothing walking lanes, all together; it is an amazing place to revive and relax with family, friends or to spend some alone time.
- Thus, from lush garden to royal structures, from natural beauty to manmade marvels and from charming lakes to imperial palaces, Udaipur is one of the best cities of India for all types of tourists. So, while booking the Rajasthan tour packages
make sure that you take some days out to go to Udaipur & to visit all the above mentioned places.