Khajjiar derives its name from the ancient idol, Khajji Naag, which is still celebrated and worshipped by the locals of this hill station. Khajji Naag is a stone idol, which has a double dagger in one hand and a mace in the other. The town has a 12th-century temple, the Golden Devi Temple, dedicated to this deity as well. The history of Khajjiar dates back to the 6th century when the Rajput leaders ruled over the area. \n\nWith the downfall of the Rajputs in the medieval times, the rule passed on to the Mughals, till the Sikhs took over. During the times of the East India Company, the entire area came under the British territory, to remain so for more than a century. British influence is still observed in the lifestyle of people and architecture of the town. On 15th April 1948 after the independence of India, Khajjiar was made a part of Himachal Pradesh. \n\nIn 1992, when the Vice Counsellor and Head of Chancery of Switzerland, Willy Blazer visited India, he was absolutely awe-struck by the beauty of Khajjiar and christened it as the Mini Switzerland of India on 7th July the same year. The rule of such diverse kings and emperors is the reason for the kaleidoscopic population of this town.
Take a Look
In a bid to escape Delhi’s blazing, scorching, summer sun, thousands land up in the well-t
Here are the top 3 instant noodle destinations in the hills to quell your holiday hunger pangs!
We found these top things which are absolute must-dos in Lucknow. Read on.
Holiday Offers and Discounts
Frequently Asked Questions