- Asia’s cleanest village.\r\n
- Trek to the living root bridge in the neighbouring Riwai village.\r\n
- Monsoon visit when the place bursts with streams and orchids spring out of tiny crevices.
- Locals clean up their own village. Handmade bamboo dustbins on every corner proof. \r\n
- Lying on the Indo-Bangla border, get a fantastic view of the Bangladesh plains.\r\n
- The village has a cent per cent literacy rate and the residents speak fluent English.
\r\nAbout 172 kilometres from Guwahati. Enjoy 5 hours of luxuriant mountain scenery down its winding roads with patches of greenery and quaint village markets.
\r\nClub your trip with a visit to Shillong, Cherrapunji and the little picturesque village of Nongriat known for its living double-decker root bridge.