Yesvantpur-Howrah Duronto 12246 Train
Yesvantpur-Howrah Duronto Express started on January 3, 2010, and links Yesvantpur Junction and Howrah Junction. Apart from the source and destination stations, the train halts at 4 stations, namely, Renigunta Junction, Vijayawada Junction, Vizianagaram Junction, and Bhubaneswar Railway Station. It passes through 341 intermediate stations before reaching Howrah Junction. Yesvantpur-Howrah Duronto 12246 covers a total of 1952 km. Duronto express trains provide specialized rail services connecting many metro cities and state capitals. All the coaches of the Duronto Express trains have a bright and multi-coloured exterior.
Why Yesvantpur-Howrah Duronto 12246?
Yesvantpur-Howrah Duronto 12246 train is renowned for having very few stops (only 4), great speed, and punctuality. The train reaches a maximum permissible speed of 120 kmph between Duvvada and Vijayawada Junction.
The Perks Of Riding The Yesvantpur-Howrah Duronto Train
• Avail the on-board catering and e-catering facilities to order food.
• There is an attached pantry car offering both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.
• There are 3 daily meals that include food items like rice, dal, chicken butter masala, and much more. Ice creams, beverages, and evening snacks like samosa and laddoos are also served to the passengers.
• Bed rolls and blankets are provided on an additional payment of Rs.25 while booking tickets.
• All coaches are provided with safety features like fire extinguishers and central buffer couplers whose enhanced load capacity makes the train derailment-proof.
• The coaches also provide charging points, LED night lamps, sliding transparent doors between coaches, and bottle holders.
• The trains are designed to be light and anti-corrosive.
Train Coach & Schedule
Yesvantpur-Howrah Duronto has 21 coaches that include one A/C first class coach, one A/C 2 Tier, four A/C 3 Tier, and eleven sleeper class coaches. It also has two SLR (sleep-cum-luggage Rake) coaches and a separate pantry coach. Yesvantpur-Howrah Duronto 12246 departs from Yesvantpur Junction from platform number 6 on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday.
Average Speed & The Time Traveled
Yesvantpur-Howrah Duronto Express operates at an average speed of 68 kmph and takes 29 hours to reach Howrah Junction.
About The Destination
Howrah in West Bengal is famous for its art and culture. Durga Puja is one of the main festivals celebrated here. Howrah Bridge, also known by the name 'Rabindra Setu’, is one of the major attractions in Howrah. Built is 1874, it is the 6th longest bridge of its type in the world. Howrah also has many pilgrim places like the Belur Math, which is a monastery started by disciples of Sri Ramakrishna. You can also visit Kalighat temple, near Howrah station. It is a Hindu temple dedicated to Goddess Kali. Spread over an area of 32 acres, Santragachi Jheel (lake) attracts many migratory winter birds from far away destinations, especially during December and January. Other tourist attractions include Rail Museum, Ramkrishnapur Ghat, and Vidyasagar Setu.