gitanjali express Train Schedule (12860)
12860 Train Route Map
Gitanjali Express 12860 Train
The Gitanjali Express is a superfast train connecting Howrah in West Bengal to Mumbai in Maharashtra. It was inaugurated on December 26, 1977, and is named after the famous book Gitanjali, written by Rabindranath Tagore. The train runs from the Howrah Junction (HWH) railway station to Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSTM) covering a distance of 1964 km. It passes through 332 intermediate stations and halts at 24 stations, including Kharagpur Junction, Raipur Junction, Wardha Junction, Nasik Road, and Kalyan Junction. The Gitanjali Express 12860 train usually departs from platform number 21 of the Howrah Junction railway station and arrives at platform number 18 of Mumbai CSM Terminus.
Why Gitanjali Express 12860?
The Gitanjali Express 12860 is renowned for its speed, cleanliness, punctuality, and comfort.
The Perks Of Riding The Gitanjali Express
• You can avail the on-board catering and e-catering facilities available on the train.
• The train has an attached pantry car serving vegetarian and non-vegetarian food, refreshing beverages, tasty snacks, etc.
• The A/C coaches provide bedroll services to the passengers. Bedrolls comprise a blanket, bed sheets, a pillow, and a hand towel.
• You can utilize the mobile/laptop charging ports available in A/C coaches.
• The toilets are clean and well-maintained. The coaches are cleaned at periodic intervals.
Train Coach & Schedule
The Gitanjali Express 12860 train has 24 coaches. There are two Seating-cum-Luggage Rake (SLR), three general sitting, two A/C 2 tier, two A/C 3 tier, and 14 sleeper coaches. It also has a pantry car. The train departs from 13:50 hours from Howrah Junction and arrives at Mumbai CSM Terminus at 21:20 hours on day 2. It runs on all days of the week.
Average Speed & The Time Traveled
The Gitanjali Express travels at an average speed of 62 kmph. It takes 31 hours and 30 minutes to reach the destination.
About The Destination
Mumbai, formerly known as Bombay, is a city that never sleeps. It attracts many tourists throughout the year. You can visit famous attractions such as Marine Drive, Essel World and Water Kingdom, Elephanta Caves, and Gateway of India. Linking Road, Colaba Causeway, Zaveri Bazar, Chor Bazar, and Hindmata Market are some of the major shopping places in Mumbai. The city is also famous for religious places like Siddhivinayak Temple and Haji Ali Dargah. The Dargah houses the tomb of Saint Pir Haji Ali Shah Bukhari. People of all religions visit the Dargah to offer prayers. Girguam Chowpatty, Bandra Worli Sea Link, and Kanheri Caves are some other places to explore.
- gopalapuram west godavari dist to jodhpur Bus Tickets
- kanasar to jodhpur Bus Tickets
- barbil to jodhpur Bus Tickets
- kakira to jodhpur Bus Tickets
- dharmavaram to jodhpur Bus Tickets
- kesrisinghpur to jodhpur Bus Tickets
- thiruthani to jodhpur Bus Tickets
- tejpura to jodhpur Bus Tickets
- lavasa to jodhpur Bus Tickets
- kumher to jodhpur Bus Tickets