guwahati express Train Schedule (12509)
12509 Train Route Map
Guwahati Express 12509 Train
The Guwahati Express is also called the Kaziranga Express, named after the famous Kaziranga National Park in Assam. It is operated by the Northeast Frontier Railway Zone of the Indian Railways. Being a superfast express train, it reaches a peak speed of 110 kmph between Gudur Junction (GDR) and Vijayawada Junction (BZA). The Guwahati Express 12509 train starts from Bangalore Cantonment (BNC) and terminates in Guwahati (GHY), the largest city in Assam. It passes through important stations like Chennai Central, Vijayawada Junction, Vishakhapatnam Junction, Kharagpur Junction, Howrah Junction, and New Cooch Behar. It covers the total distance of 2988 km to reach the destination.
Why Guwahati 12509?
The Guwahati Express 12509 train is a popular train that provides connectivity between important cities in the south of India (Bangalore, Chennai, and Vizag) to North-Eastern India. It is known for its speed and features a high number of A/C coaches despite not being a Rajdhani.
The Perks Of Riding The Guwahati Express Train
• Guwahati Express 12509 provides both on-board and e-catering facilities to the passengers.
• A typical vegetarian breakfast menu on the Kaziranga Express includes a choice of bread, butter, and cutlet, Idly and Vada, Upma and Vada, or Pongal and Vada.
• It has both A/C and non-A/C accommodation.
• Guwahati 12509 train has great speed and very few intermediate halts.
Train Coach & Schedule
Guwahati Express runs on 3 days of the week (Wed, Thu, and Fri). It has a total of 24 coaches, with ten A/C coaches, ten sleeper coaches, and four general coaches. The train departs from Bangalore Cantonment at 23:40 and reaches Guwahati at 06:00 on day 4.
Average Speed & The Time Traveled
Guwahati Express 12509 train has an average speed of 55 kmph and takes 54 hours and 20 minutes to travel from Bangalore Cantonment to Guwahati.
About The Destination
Guwahati is one of the fastest growing Indian cities and has many places of interest for you to explore as well. Situated on the Nilachal hill, the famous Kamakhya Temple is one of the 51 Shakti Peethas in the country and an important pilgrim site for Hindus. The Assam State Museum in Digholi Pukhuri was established in 1940. It contains a wide collection of artifacts related to North East Indian history. Located in the heart of the city is Digholi Pukhuri, an artificial pond where you can enjoy boating and other leisure activities. Few other places that you can visit while in Guwahati are the Guwahati Assam State Zoo-cum-Botanical Garden, Balaji Temple, Umananda Temple, Kamakhya Museum, Nehru Park, and the Regional Science Centre.
- kumbhasan to hyderabad Bus Tickets
- narippaiyur to hyderabad Bus Tickets
- pandalgudi bypass to hyderabad Bus Tickets
- mylavaram to hyderabad Bus Tickets
- ranavav to hyderabad Bus Tickets
- kakkattil to hyderabad Bus Tickets
- lalganj to hyderabad Bus Tickets
- thirupalaikudi to hyderabad Bus Tickets
- belewadi to hyderabad Bus Tickets
- munjiasar nana to hyderabad Bus Tickets