Howrah Junction to Guwahati Rail Route
Located in West Bengal, the industrial city of Howrah is the second largest in the state, after Kolkata. Further, Howrah Junction is the largest railway complex and biggest railway station in India. When it comes to the frequency of trains, Howrah Junction occupies sixth position on the list of busiest railway stations in the country. On the other hand, Guwahati, which is considered to be the fastest growing cities in India, is the largest city in Assam. Situated on the south bank of Brahmaputra River, Guwahati hosts diverse wildlife and fresh atmosphere, away from the hustle and bustle of metropolitan cities. Traveling from Howrah Junction (HWH) to Guwahati (GHY) by train is a refreshing experience, to say the least.
Travelers can choose from 15 different trains to complete their journey from Howrah Junction to Guwahati. These trains include Kanchanjanga Express (runs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays), Kamrup Express (operates daily), Guwahati Express (plies on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays), Kolkata - Dibrugarh Express (runs on Wednesdays) and Guwahati Garib Rath (plies on Thursdays and Sundays). Further, the distance between Howrah Junction (HWH) and Guwahati (GHY) can vary from 969 km to 1027 km and it can be covered between 17 hours and 23 hours, depending on the type of train.
The earliest train from Howrah Junction (HWH) to Guwahati (GHY) departs at 11:15 a.m. while the last train leaves at 5:35 p.m. In addition, travelers can opt for Kanchan Jungha Express, which departs at 6:35 a.m. from the Sealdah railway station (SDAH) for Guwahati. Further, Karmabhoomi Express leaves at 9:55 p.m. from Howrah Junction for Kamakhya Junction (KYQ) in the Guwahati city.
Out of these 15 trains, seven directly travel from Howrah Junction to Guwahati, including three Guwahati Express, Saraighat Express, Kamrup Express, SC GHY Express and New Tinsukia Express. And, two of these seven Howrah Junction (HWH) to Guwahati (GHY) trains, including Saraighat Express and Kamrup Express, originate from Howrah Junction.
While all of the Howrah to Guwahati trains might not pass through the Guwahati railway station, travelers can reach the city through three trains that pass through Kamakhya Junction.
Most of the Howrah to Guwahati trains run on weekly basis but two of them undertake the journey daily. These include Saraighat Express, which terminates at the Guwahati railway station, and Kamrup Express, which is destined for Dibrugarh railway station and goes via Guwahati and Kamakhya Junction railway stations. Further, Saraighat Express leaves from the Howrah Junction railway station at 3:50 p.m. while Kamrup Express departs at 5:35 p.m.
Howrah Junction to Guwahati train tickets can be purchased from any of the railway reservation counters across the country. Further, tickets for Howrah Junction to Guwahati trains can be easily booked through the IRCTC website, which can help travelers avoid standing in long queues.
Train Schedule: Weekly
• Kanchanjanga Express (Sealdah Railway Station to Silchar Railway Station) – Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
• New Tinsukia Express (KSR Bengaluru City Junction) – Wednesday
• KOAA DBRG Express (Kolkata Railway Station) – Wednesday
• Kanchanjanga Express (Sealdah Railway Station to Guwahati Railway Station) – Tuesday, Friday
• Kanchanjanga Express (Sealdah Railway Station to Agartala railway station) – Thursday, Sunday
• Puri KYQ Express (Puri Railway Station) – Sunday
• SC GHY Express (Secunderabad Junction Railway Station) – Monday
• Guwahati Express (Bengaluru Cantonment Railway Station to Guwahati Railway Station) – Friday, Saturday, Sunday
• Guwahati Express (Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station to Guwahati Railway Station) – Tuesday
• Guwahati Express (Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station to Guwahati Railway Station) – Thursday
• BNC KYQ Humsafar (Bengaluru Cantonment Railway Station) – Saturday
• GHY Garib Rath (Kolkata Railway Station) – Thursday, Sunday
• Karmabhoomi Express (Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Railway Station) – Thursday
Train Schedule: Daily
• Saraighat Express (Howrah Junction Railway Station)
• Kamrup Express (Howrah Junction Railway Station)
All Train Stations in Howrah:
• Howrah Junction Railway Station (HWH)
All Train Stations in Guwahati:
• Guwahati Railway Station (GHY)
• Kamakhya Junction Railway Station (KYQ)
Popular hotels near Guwahati railway station
There are plenty of hotels near Guwahati GHY railway station. Few of them are Hotel Lilawati Grand, Cygnett Inn Repose, Hotel Dynasty and Hotel D Courtyard. They provide a variety of rooms for its guests.
You can also choose accomodation from a list of best hotels in Guwahati based on different categories ranging like 5 star hotels in Guwahati, 4 star hotels in Guwahati, 3 star hotels in Guwahati, budget hotels in Guwahati, cheap hotels and resorts in Guwahati for your perusal.
For more options, see https://www.yatra.com/hotels/hotels-near-guwahati-railway-station-in-guwahati.
Useful Links: Indian Railways PNR Status | IRCTC Railway Reservation | Indian Railway Enquiry | Indian Railway Train Routes | Indian Railway Train Station