Howrah Junction to Mumbai CST Rail Route
Linking two of the biggest cities in India, the Howrah to Mumbai main line occupies a significant position on the Indian Railways network. Bisecting the central part of India, the Howrah Junction (HWH) to Mumbai CST (CSTM) line traverses the Indo-Gangetic plains, Chota Nagpur Plateau and magnificent Western Ghats. More than just a train ride, travelling from Howrah to Mumbai helps passengers explore the real beauty and essence of eastern, central and western parts of India. The distance between Howrah Junction (HWH) and Mumbai CST (CSTM) ranges from 1944 km to 2159 km. And depending on the route, a train takes anywhere from 26 hours to 38 hours to cover this distance.
At present, Indian Railways operates 10 trains between Howrah and Mumbai. These include Duronto, AC SuperFast, Mail/Express Trains and Superfast trains. The earliest train from Howrah to Mumbai is Howrah - Mumbai CST AC Duronto Express, which departs at 8:20 a.m. from the Howrah railway station on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Similarly, Jnaneswari Super Deluxe Express is the last train on this route that also runs from the Howrah railway station at 10:50 p.m. A few of the most popular Howrah to Mumbai trains include Shalimar - Mumbai Lokmanya Tilak Terminus Express, Howrah - Mumbai CST AC Duronto Express, Gitanjali Express, Karmabhoomi Express, Jnaneswari Super Deluxe Express and Samarsata Express.
Out of all the 10 trains, five trains particularly ply from Howrah Junction Railway Station (HWH) to Mumbai CST (CSTM) Railway Station. These trains comprise Howrah - Mumbai CST AC Duronto Express, Gitanjali Express and Howrah - Mumbai CST Weekly Superfast Express, Howrah - Mumbai Mail (via Gaya) and Howrah - Mumbai Mail (via Nagpur). Except Howrah - Mumbai Mail (via Gaya), all the trains running between Howrah and Mumbai go via Tatanagar Junction in Jharkhand, Bilaspur Junction in Chattisgarh, and Nagpur Junction and Bhusaval Junction in Maharashtra. Howrah - Mumbai Mail (via Gaya) takes a slightly longer route passing through Asansol Junction in West Bengal, Dhanbad Junction in Jharkhand, Gaya Junction in Bihar, Mughal Sarai Junction and Manikpur in Uttar Pradesh, and Jabalpur Junction and Itarsi Junction in Madhya Pradesh to reach its final destination, Mumbai CST.
When it comes to Howrah Junction to Mumbai CST train tickets, you can directly head to any of the railway booking counters and purchase tickets in person. Besides that, you can also visit the IRCTC website to book Howrah to Mumbai train tickets. You can even check seat availability and train schedules online.
Train Schedule: Weekly
• Kamakhya - Mumbai Lokmanyatilak Terminus Karmabhoomi Express (Howrah Junction - Lokmanyatilak Terminus) - Sun only
• Jnaneswari Super Deluxe Express (Howrah Junction - Lokmanyatilak Terminus) - Mon, Wed, Thu, Sun
• Howrah - Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus AC Duronto Express (Howrah Junction - Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus) - Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri
• Howrah - Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Superfast Express (Howrah Junction - Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus) - Fri only
• Santragachi - Pune AC Superfast Specialfare Special (Santragachi Junction - Panvel Junction) - Sat only
• Samarsata Superfast Express (Howrah Junction - Lokmanyatilak Terminus) - Fri, Sat
Train Schedule: Daily
• Gitanjali Express (Howrah Junction - Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus)
• Shalimar - Mumbai LTT Kurla Express (Shalimar - Lokmanyatilak Terminus)
• Howrah - Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Mail (Howrah - Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus)
• Howrah - Mumbai Mail (Howrah Junction - Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus)
All Station of Howrah
• Howrah Junction Railway Station (HWH)
• Shalimar Railway Station (SHM)
• Santragachi Junction Railway Station (SRC)
All Stations in Mumbai
• Lokmanyatilak Terminus Railway Station (LTT)
• Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Railway Station (CSTM)
• Panvel Junction Railway Station (PNVL)
Popular hotels near Mumbai Cst (CSTM) railway station
There are plenty of hotels near Mumbai railway station. Some of the most recommended hotels are Goldfinch Hotel, The Orchid Mumbai, Hotel Marine Plaza - A Sarovar Hotel, Ramee Guestline Hotel, Juhu and Hotel Sea Princess. You can also choose accomodation from a list of best hotels in Mumbai based on different categories ranging like 5 star hotels in Mumbai, 4 star hotels in Mumbai, 3 star hotels in Mumbai, budget hotels in Mumbai, cheap hotels in Mumbai and resorts for your perusal.
Useful Links: Indian Railways PNR Status | IRCTC Railway Reservation | Indian Railway Enquiry | Indian Railway Train Routes | Indian Railway Train Station