Howrah - New Delhi Train Routes
Cutting across the Indo-Gangetic Plain, the Howrah-Delhi main line is one of the oldest and busiest railway lines in the country. The Howrah Jn. (HWH) to New Delhi (NDLS) train route, which meanders through the Eastern and Northern India connecting the cities of Kolkata and Delhi, offers a profound insight of the cultural and natural diversity of India. The total distance between Howrah and New Delhi varies from 1451 km to 1557 km, and it can be covered within 17 to 37 hours, depending on the train and the route taken.
The Howrah (HWH) to New Delhi (NDLS) line is currently being served by 16 trains in total. Poorva Express is the earliest train from Howrah Jn. (HWH) to New Delhi (NDLS), which departs from Howrah Junction at 8:05 a.m. On the other hand, the last train to ply the route is Sealdah - Delhi Express, which leaves at 9:15 p.m. from Sealdah station for the Old Delhi railway station.
With reference to the train types running from Howrah to New Delhi, Indian Railways operates Mail/Express and Superfast trains along with Rajdhani, Duronto, Sampark Kranti and Yuva Express. A few of the most popular HWH to NDLS trains comprise West Bengal Sampark Kranti, Kolkata Rajdhani, Howrah – Anand Vihar Yuva Express and Poorva Express.
A number of trains are there which travel to different railway stations in Delhi from different railway stations in Kolkata. However, there are six trains in particular that ply from Howrah Junction Railway Station (HWH) to New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS). These trains include two Rajdhani Express, two Poorva Express, Howrah - Delhi Duronto Express and Udyan Abha Toofan Express.
Although, all of these trains go via Mughal Sarai Junction (MGS) and Kanpur Central (CNB) in Uttar Pradesh, they follow different routes to travel from Howrah to New Delhi. To be more specific, Kolkata Rajdhani Express (which runs from Mondays to Saturdays) and Poorva Express (which runs on Sundays, Wednesdays and Thursdays), operating between Howrah Jn. and New Delhi, pass through Dhanbad and Parasnath in Jharkhand and Gaya in Bihar to reach their destination. Howrah - New Delhi Duronto Express also travels via the same route.
On the contrary, the other Kolkata Rajdhani Express (which runs on Sundays) and Poorva Express (which runs on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays), operating between Howrah (HWH) and New Delhi (NDLS), go from Barddhaman in West Bengal, Jasidih in Jharkhand and Patna in Bihar, and then take the same Mughal Sarai–Kanpur route to reach New Delhi.
Booking Howrah to New Delhi train tickets has become very easy these days as there are both offline and online platforms available. There are innumerable railway reservation offices throughout the country from where you can purchase tickets for any of the Howrah (HWH) to New Delhi (NDLS) trains. In addition to this, you can even book your train tickets by visiting the official website of IRCTC.
Train Schedule: Weekly
• Poorva Express (via Patna) (Howrah Junction - New Delhi) - Mon, Tue, Fri Sat
• Poorva Express (via Gaya) (Howrah Junction - New Delhi) - Sun, Wed, Thu
• Howrah - Jaisalmer Superfast Express (Howrah Junction - Old Delhi Junction) - Mon only
• Santragachi - Anand Vihar (T) Weekly Superfast Express (Santragachi Junction - Anand Vihar Terminal) - Mon only
• Howrah - New Delhi Duronto Express (Howrah Junction- New Delhi) - Mon, Fri
• West Bengal Sampark Kranti Express (Sealdah - Old Delhi Junction) - Tue only
• Jallianwalabagh Express (Sealdah - Old Delhi Junction) - Fri only
• Kolkata Rajdhani Express (via Patna) (Howrah Junction - New Delhi) - Sun only
• Kolkata Rajdhani Express (via Gaya) (Howrah Junction - New Delhi) - Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
• Sealdah - New Delhi AC Duronto Express (Sealdah - New Delhi) - Sun, Mon, Wed, Thu
• Howrah - Anand Vihar - Yuva Express (Howrah - Anand Vihar Terminal) - Sat only
• Howrah - Anand Vihar Superfast Express (Howrah - Anand Vihar Terminal) - Tue, Fri
• Sealdah - Delhi (Upper India) Express (Sealdah- Old Delhi Junction) - Sun, Thu
Train Schedule: Daily
• Udyan Abha Toofan Express (Howrah Junction - New Delhi)
• Kalka Mail (Howrah Junction - Subzi Mandi)
• Sealdah Rajdhani Express (Sealdah - New Delhi)
All Train Stations in Howrah (Kolkata)
• Howrah Junction (HWH)
• Sealdah Railway Station (SDAH)
• Shalimar Railway Station (SHM)
• Santragachi Junction (SRC)
All Train Stations in New Delhi:
• New Delhi (NDLS)
• Delhi Sarai Rohilla (DEE)
• Subzi Mandi (SZM)
• Delhi Cantt. (DEC)
• Hazrat Nizamuddin (NZM)
Popular hotels near New Delhi (NDLS) railway station
There are plenty of hotels near New Delhi railway station. Some of the most recommended hotels are The Park New Delhi, The Metropolitan Hotel & Spa New Delhi, FabHotel Mohan International Paharganj, FabHotel Pallvi New Delhi Station and The Grand New Delhi. You can also choose accomodation from a list of best hotels in New Delhi based on different categories ranging like 5 star hotels in New Delhi, 4 star hotels in New Delhi, 3 star hotels in New Delhi, budget hotels in New Delhi, cheap hotels in New Delhi and resorts for your perusal.
Useful Links: Indian Railways PNR Status | IRCTC Railway Reservation | Indian Railway Enquiry | Indian Railway Train Routes | Indian Railway Train Station