The revamped and absolutely new-age IRCTC website is called NextGenIRCTC which allows you to smartly and more efficiently plan your train travel by offering a more interactive user interface. Predominantly, the site makes it easier for you to track your train arrival and departure time and get necessary seat availability information on a particular train.
What is IRCTC Next Generation
IRCTC’s contemporary website with modernised e-ticketing framework, promises a new Journey Planner on its newly revived user interface. One of the key features of the IRCTC Next Generation login is the all new security captcha feature that boosts your account security and enables authentication.
Existing IRCTC account holders
The existing IRCTC accounts are moved automatically onto the IRCTC Next Generation site, and they need not create new ids. On signing up with your existing IRCTC user id for the first time on this new site you will get a message stating, ‘Dear Customer, You have been effectively moved to Next Generation e-Ticketing site. To print/cancel/file TDR of your old exchanges done before movement, click ‘My Transactions’ beneath. To book e-tickets, click ‘Continue for Booking’. You can refer to the ‘Booked Ticket History’ tab to see any new exchange since the new allocation. On the new site you can either click on ‘Proceed For Booking’ if you need to buy tickets; you also have the option to ‘Update Profile’ and see your old bookings in ‘My Transaction’.
This brand new website with innovative tools and software is authorised by the government-backed Centre for Railway Information Systems (CRIS). One of the key benefits of the brand new website is that you don’t need to log in to check trains, and it makes it all the more convenient and faster for the end-user.
Contents of the NextGenerationIRCTC site
- 1. Trains: Within this bucket you are allowed to book tickets, foreign tourists can also make their booking, cancel ticket, make a PNR enquiry, check the train schedule, aside from tracking your train.
- 2. Holidays: Under this field you have the option of checking special tourist trains or find a suitable package aboard the luxurious Maharaja’s Express and explore the country. In addition to this, you can browse tour packages, air packages and international packages, and even make a hotel booking. Depending on your preference you can make your booking on the IRCTC hotels page that shows up an array of hotels from different travel portals.
- 3. Flights: Another feature on the IRCTC Next Gen site is that you can make your flight bookings on it. Basis your search, the website shows up related fight information, their availability and tariff, allowing you to make your choice and then go forward with the booking.
- 4. Loyalty: Read up here about the IRCTC SBI credit card, an exclusive platinum card provided by the IRCTC enabling you to get plenty of discounts on train bookings, offering reward points, fuel surcharge waiver, and a host of other benefits to the frequent traveller. Find out how to e-apply the IRCTC SBI platinum card. Aside from providing handy information on the IRCTC UBI prepaid card.
- 5. Meals: Go on the e-catering option under this bucket, and enter your PNR number to get food of your preference delivered to your train berth. It gives you the freedom of ordering food at any of the stations, and displays the food options available at the forthcoming stations. However, some of the major stations providing e-catering include Mumbai Central (BCT), Allahabad Junction (ALD), New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS), Bangalore City Junction (SBC), Lucknow (LKO), Chattarapati Shivaji Terminal (CST), Old Delhi Railway Station (DEL), Chennai Central (MAS), Varanasi (BSB) among others. From a simple vegetarian thali, pizzas, burgers, biryani, to specialty cuisine, you can order the food you like at the click of a button. Other than that, you can even go through the standard menu on various train categories offered by the Indian Railways for your reference
- 6. Promotions: This section gives you information on the ways to advertise with the IRCTC, aside from insight on how to use the plethora of apps provided by the Indian Railways for IRCTC Next Generation e-ticketing. Find out about the various IRCTC apps that make your life much simpler such as the Rail Connect app, Tourism app, Air app, the IRCTC SBI credit card to name a few. You can even shop for handcrafted bags, jewellery, stole, baskets, weaves made by tribal women from different parts of the country. This move is supported by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. An option to get an ‘online dengue insurance’ is also available on this tab.
- 7. Service at Stations: Learn about the stations that have wi-fi connectivity. This wi-fi facility is typically available only to the passengers at A1 and A category railway stations. To achieve the same, RailTel signed up Google to provide wi-fi at 400 stations receiving millions of passengers on a regular basis. And with this facility you have high speed internet connectivity giving you freedom to view videos, download movies, songs, and of course, games. E-wheelchair is another option available to passengers to register a wheelchair online after scanning the list of stations that offer this option of booking e-wheelchairs. All you need to do is simply punch in your PNR number. Retiring rooms at the stations is another facility available at the railway stations, and to book the same you can simply login, enter the passenger details, and eventually make the payment.
- 8. IRCTC eWallet: Read up everything you need to know about the IRCTC eWallet which is basically a scheme under Indian Railways that provides the user an option of depositing money in advance with IRCTC, and later use that money to carry out transactions on IRCTC. You can manage your eWallet account online and do a top up at your leisure. This curbs the dependency on a given bank and also ensures a secure and hassle-free transaction. This section also has an IRCTC eWallet user guide which takes you through each step involved in accessing your eWallet, right from registration, verification, making a deposit, making transactions, understanding the refund status, changing transaction password, to using it as a payment option to book railway tickets.
Following are some simple steps for Online Ticket Booking into IRCTC NextGen Account
- 1. IRCTC Valid User ID.
- 2. Enter Your Valid IRCTC User ID and Password.
- 3. After this, You will be Redirected to Your Account.
- 4. On Your Screen "Plan Your Trip" Page Will Appear.
- 5. Now Choose Your Train and Destination Name.
- 6. As per entered information, a list of trains will appear on screen.
- 7. Choose the option for ticket booking.
- 8. Complete the remaining process.
Some other features on the brand new NextGenIRCTC portal is Aadhar linking and how by doing so you can book up to 12 tickets in a month, and a detailed guide on the counter ticket cancellation procedure.
Book special seasonal packages aboard luxury trains, international holiday packages, domestic pilgrimage tours, or land/rail packages. Look up hill railways, charter trains and a wealth of other information and functionality that will give your holiday an edge while making it a comfortable one.