mngla lksdp express Train Schedule (12618)
12618 Train Route Map
Mangala Lakshadweep Express 12618 Train
The Mangala Lakshadweep 12618 train began operations with its inaugural run on August 1, 1998. It is a superfast train that connects Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station (NZM) in Delhi and Ernakulam Junction (ERS) in Kerala. Earlier, this train ran up to Mangalore only. Since the initial destination was Mangalore, the name Mangala was derived from ‘Mangaladevi’, the most important deity of Mangalore city. Later, it was extended to Ernakulam in Kerala. The Mangala Lakshadweep 12618 is the longest running daily superfast train in India. The train covers a total distance of 2762 km to reach Ernakulam Junction and has 46 halts. It also passes through 384 intermediate stations that include Agra Cantonment, Gwalior Junction, Jhansi Junction, Thrissur, and Aluva to reach Kerala.
Why Mangala Lakshadweep 12618?
The Mangala Lakshadweep 12618 is known for providing a comfortable journey to the passengers through its excellent food and cleanliness. It is famous for its punctuality.
The Perks Of Riding The Mangala Lakshadweep Train
• There are facilities of e-catering and on-board catering available.
• There is an attached pantry car and food items like chicken curry, egg curry, parathas, samosa, egg biryani, veg biryani, and much more are available.
• There is a clean bedding kit provided that includes a pillow, blanket, bedsheet, and a towel.
• You can utilize the charging points available to charge your electronic devices.
• The train fares are economical. They are less compared to other superfast trains.
Train Coach & Schedule
The train has 23 coaches. These include three A/C 2 Tier, four A/C 3 Tier, two sleeper-cum-luggage rakes (SLR), two unreserved, 11 general sitting coaches, and a pantry car. SLR coaches are divided into two parts, where one portion is for sitting and the other is for luggage. The Mangala Lakshadweep Express runs on all days of the week. It departs at 09:15 AM from Hazrat Nizamuddin railway station and reaches the destination at 12:00 PM on the third day.
Average Speed & The Time Traveled
The train travels at an average speed of 57 kmph and takes 48 hours and 45 minutes to reach Ernakulam Junction.
About The Destination
Explore the famous attractions in Ernakulam to learn about the culture and tradition of the city. The word Ernakulam is derived from a Tamil word and means ‘abode of Lord Shiva’. It is the commercial capital of Kerala and attracts many tourists. It also houses many religious places like St. Marys Jacobite Syrian Church, Kadamattom Church, Edapally Church, Paavakkulam Mahadeva Temple, and Shiva Temple. You can visit Panieli Poru, a natural bottleneck of the river Periyar in Kerala, which is a famous picnic spot and is home to numerous species of birds. Places like Thattekad Bird Sanctuary and Ramakrishna Math are some other tourist attractions in Ernakulam. Ramakrishna Math is a part of the Ramakrishna mission and indulges in religious, cultural, and educational activities.
- kaushambi to kolkata Bus Tickets
- koothattukulam to kolkata Bus Tickets
- thuraiyur to kolkata Bus Tickets
- samagoga to kolkata Bus Tickets
- vikhroli to kolkata Bus Tickets
- jalgaon to kolkata Bus Tickets
- pimpri to kolkata Bus Tickets
- ananthagiri to kolkata Bus Tickets
- pachore to kolkata Bus Tickets
- kunda to kolkata Bus Tickets