New Delhi to Howrah Rail Routes
Listed among India’s most beautiful train routes, New Delhi to Kolkata is a traveler’s delight. In fact, traveling from New Delhi (NDLS) to Howrah Junction (HWH), which happens to be the biggest and busiest railway station in Kolkata, makes one witness the rich cultural and natural diversity of the country. With a distance ranging from 1451 km to 1557 km between New Delhi (NDLS) and Howrah Junction (HWH), a train takes anywhere between 17 and 37 hours to cover it, depending on the route taken.
At present, there are as many as 16 different trains plying between New Delhi and Howrah. The earliest train from New Delhi (NDLS) to Howrah (HWH) is Kalka Mail, which departs at 7:00 a.m. from the Old Delhi Railway Station, whereas the last train is Anand Vihar (ANVT) – Howrah (HWH) Yuva Express, which leaves at 7:35 p.m. from Anand Vihar Terminal. In addition to operating Mail/Express and Superfast trains, Indian Railways runs Rajdhani, Duronto, Sampark Kranti, and Yuva Express from New Delhi to Howrah Junction. West Bengal Sampark Kranti, Howrah Rajdhani, Poorva Express and Anand Vihar – Howrah Yuva Express, among others, are some of the highest-rated and most popular trains that run from New Delhi to Howrah.
Passengers can easily purchase New Delhi to Howrah Junction train tickets from any railway reservation counter across the country. Moreover, with intent to provide more freedom and convenience to the travelers, Indian Railways allows one to book tickets online for NDLS to HWH trains with just a few mouse clicks. In addition, one can enjoy delicious meals onboard by simply availing catering services while booking tickets for a New Delhi to Howrah train through the IRCTC website.
At present, there are a number of trains that originate from different stations of Delhi for Howrah. However, only six trains travel from New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS) to Howrah Junction (HWH) Station. These trains include two Rajdhani Expresses, two Poorva Expresses, Howrah Duronto Express, and Udyan Abha Toofan Express. Also, all these trains go via Kanpur Central (CNB) and Mughal Sarai Junction (MGS).
Further, Howrah Rajdhani Express (which plies on Fridays) from NDLS to HWH runs via Patna, Bihar, whereas the other Rajdhani Express (which runs on other days) travels via Gaya, Bihar. Similarly, Poorva Express from New Delhi and Howrah Junction (which plies on Sundays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays) runs via Patna, while the other one (which runs on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays) goes via Gaya Junction.
Train Schedule: Weekly
• Anand Vihar (T) – Howrah SF Express (Anand Vihar Terminal – Howrah Junction) – Sat, Thu
• New Delhi – Howrah Duronto Express (New Delhi – Howrah Junction) – Tue, Sat
• Anand Vihar (T) – Santragachi Weekly Superfast Express ( Anand Vihar Terminal – Santragachi Junction) – Tue only
• Jaisalmer – Howrah Superfast Express (Old Delhi Junction – Howrah Junction) - Thu only
• New Delhi – Howrah Rajdhani Express (via Gaya) (New Delhi – Howrah Junction) – Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Sat
• New Delhi – Howrah Rajdhani Express (via Patna) (New Delhi – Howrah Junction) – Fri only
• Poorva Express (via Patna) (New Delhi – Howrah Junction) – Sun, Wed, Thu, Sat
• Poorva Express (via Gaya) (New Delhi – Howrah Junction) – Mon, Tue, Fri
• Delhi - Sealdah (Upper India) Express (Old Delhi Junction – Sealdah) – Tue, Sat
• West Bengal Sampark Kranti Express (Old Delhi Junction – Sealdah) – Wed only
• Jallianwalabagh Express (Old Delhi Junction – Sealdah) – Sun only
• New Delhi - Sealdah AC Duronto Express (New Delhi – Sealdah) – Mon, Tue, Thu, Fri
• Anand Vihar – Howrah Yuva Express (Anand Vihar Terminal – Howrah Junction) – Sun only
Train Schedule: Daily
• Kalka Mail (Old Delhi Junction – Howrah Junction)
• Udyan Abha Toofan Express (New Delhi – Howrah Junction)
• New Delhi – Sealdah Rajdhani Express (New Delhi – Sealdah)
All Train Stations in New Delhi:
• New Delhi (NDLS)
• Delhi Sarai Rohilla (DEE)
• Delhi Cantt. (DEC)
• Hazrat Nizamuddin (NZM)
All Train Stations in Howrah (Kolkata)
• Howrah Junction (HWH)
• Sealdah Railway Station (SDAH)
• Shalimar Railway Station (SHM)
• Santragachi Junction (SRC)
Useful Links: Indian Railways PNR Status | IRCTC Railway Reservation | Indian Railway Enquiry | Indian Railway Train Routes | Indian Railway Train Station