purushottam express Train Schedule (12801)
12801 Train Route Map
Purushottam Express 12801 Train
The Purushottam Express 12801 train came into existence in 1980 and is known to start service in the year 1993. It is operated by the East Coast Railway. It connects the cities of Puri (in Orissa) and New Delhi and falls under the category of superfast trains. The train can operate at a maximum speed of 130 kmph between Jeonathpur and Ghaziabad Junction. The Purushottam Express 12801 halts at 30 stations, including Bhubaneswar, Kharagpur Junction, Mughal Sarai Junction, and Kanpur Central for not more than 20 minutes and passes through 310 intermediate stations on the route.
WHY PURUSHOTTAM EXPRESS 12801?
The Purushottam Express 12801 is popular for its speed, cleanliness, and punctuality. The train provides many facilities onboard to make sure the passengers have an easy journey.
THE PERKS OF RIDING THE PURUSHOTTAM EXPRESS TRAIN
• The train has an attached pantry car serving vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. Onboard catering and e-catering facilities are also available on the train.
• A/C coaches are equipped with charging ports for mobiles and laptops.
• Passengers traveling in A/C coaches are provided with bedrolls that comprise a pillow, blanket, and two bedsheets.
• The train is well-maintained with clean coaches and washrooms.
TRAIN COACH & SCHEDULE
The Purushottam Express has 22 coaches. There are two End on Generation (EOG) coaches, two general coaches, four A/C 3 tier, one A/C 2 tier, 12 sleeper coaches, and a pantry car.
This is a daily train that departs at 9:45 PM from Puri railway station and arrives at the New Delhi railway station at 4:30 AM on the third day. The train runs on all days of the week.
AVERAGE SPEED & THE TIME TRAVELLED
The Purushottam Express 12801 train travels at an average speed of 61 kmph, taking 30 hours and 45 minutes to reach the New Delhi railway station, covering 1863 km on the route.
ABOUT THE DESTINATION
New Delhi is one of the most visited destinations in India. It is a union territory. There are many famous historical monuments in Delhi that one should not miss visiting. The Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Humayun’s Tomb, and Jama Masjid are some of them. Delhi’s modern wonders include the Akshardham Temple, the Lodhi Art District, and Lotus Temple. The Lotus Temple was constructed and opened for a visit in 1986. This temple allows people of all religion to offer prayers and meditate. The Rashtrapati Bhavan is where the President of India resides. The Mughal Gardens situated at the back of Rashtrapati Bhavan is another place worth visiting.
Q. What is the route of Purushottam Express?
A. The train operates between Puri railway station in Orissa and the New Delhi railway station.
Q. How long does the train take to reach its destination?
A. The train takes 30 hours and 45 minutes to reach the New Delhi railway station.
Q. What is the price range of tickets for the Purushottam Express?
A. The ticket fares range from
• Rs.362 to Rs.715 for sleeper class
• Rs.965 to Rs.1904 for A/C 3 tier class
• Rs.1373 to Rs.2753 for A/C 2 tier class
These fares include ticket prices from those for children to senior citizens.
Q. What are the key stations along this train route?
A. Some key stations on the Puri-New Delhi route are Bhubaneshwar railway station, Kharagpur Junction, Gaya Junction, Gaya Junction, and Allahabad Junction.
Q. What is the name and code of the origin station for this train?
A. The origin station for Purushottam Express 12801 is Puri railway station with code PURI.
Q. What is the name and code of the final station for this train?
A. The destination station for this train is the New Delhi railway station and its code is NDLS.
Q. Does this train run regularly?
A. Yes. The train runs on all days of the week.
Q. What is the most unique feature of Purushottam Express?
A. The Purushottam Express is one of the oldest operating trains in India.
- pattukkottai to digha Bus Tickets
- vasudevanallur to digha Bus Tickets
- khakharechi to digha Bus Tickets
- monduru to digha Bus Tickets
- tawab to digha Bus Tickets
- ventrapragada to digha Bus Tickets
- raipur rajasthan to digha Bus Tickets
- shendawa to digha Bus Tickets
- bhadravati to digha Bus Tickets
- ankaleshwar to digha Bus Tickets