swaraj express Train Schedule (12471)
12471 Train Route Map
Swaraj Express 12471 Train
The Swaraj Express 12471 train is a superfast express train that initially connected Mumbai Central to the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra railway station in Jammu. Today, it runs from Bandra Terminus (BDTS) in Mumbai to Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra (SVDK). The train started its service on December 24, 1976 and travels a total of 2029 km to reach SVDK railway station. The Swaraj Express 12471 halts at 24 stations, including Vadodara Junction, Ratlam Junction, Kota Junction, New Delhi railway station, Jalandhar Cantonment Junction, and Jammu Tawi railway station. It passes through 326 intermediate stations on its journey to Jammu. The train usually departs from platform number 2 of Bandra Terminus and arrives at platform number 3 of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra railway station.
Why Swaraj Express 12471?
The Swaraj Express is known for the service that it provides to the passengers in terms of comfort and hygienic food.
The Perks Of Riding The Swaraj Express Train
• The train has on-board catering and e-catering facilities. It has an attached pantry car.
• Enjoy vegetarian and non-vegetarian food items like paratha, dal fry, biryani, cutlet, mutter paneer, soup, omelet, and sandwich. Refreshments like tea, coffee, and cool drinks are also served.
• Charging ports for mobiles and laptops are available in the sleeper and A/C coaches.
• Bed rolls with bed sheets, a hand towel, and a pillow are provided to the passengers.
Train Coach & Schedule
The Swaraj Express 12471 has a total of 24 coaches. These include two sleeper-cum-luggage rakes (SLR) coaches, three general coaches, two A/C 2 tier coaches, four A/C 3 tier coaches, 12 sleeper coaches, and a pantry car. The Swaraj Express 12471 train operates 4 days a week that are Sunday, Monday, Thursday, and Friday. It leaves Bandra terminus at 7:55 AM and reaches Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra at 5:10 PM on the second day.
Average Speed & The Time Traveled
The Swaraj Express travels at an average speed of 61 kmph. It takes 33 hours and 15 minutes to reach Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra railway station.
About The Destination
Jammu is popular as a pilgrim center in India for Hindus. It is home to many holy attractions and several people from around India visit the place. Jammu houses the famous Vaishno Devi pilgrimage center that is dedicated to Shri Mata Vaishno Devi. The Vaishno Devi Temple is located at the Trikuta Mountains in Katra. Other temples to visit in and near Katra are Bhairavnath Temple and Baba Dhansar Temple. Karua Jheel, near the Bada Dhansar Temple, is believed to be a sacred lake. Besides being a pilgrimage center, Jammu also offers many other beautiful places like Himkoti and Sanji Chhat.
- tambaram chennai to valsad Bus Tickets
- thandavankadu to valsad Bus Tickets
- pratappur chhattisgarh to valsad Bus Tickets
- vellore to valsad Bus Tickets
- paradeep to valsad Bus Tickets
- ugar to valsad Bus Tickets
- bhavnagar by pass to valsad Bus Tickets
- rachuru to valsad Bus Tickets
- rajsitapur to valsad Bus Tickets
- hemmadi to valsad Bus Tickets