Air Berlin Flight Status
About Air Berlin
Air Berlin, founded in 1978 as Air Berlin (USA), is a German low-cost carrier with hubs at Berlin-Tegel and Dusseldorf airports. As on October 2017, Air Berlin operates seasonal and year-round scheduled flights to destinations in Europe, United States, and the Middle East. Its current fleet consists of 105 aircraft flying to 42 destinations in 15 countries. Air Berlin is a member of the One World airline alliance.
Readers of US travel magazines - Premium Traveler and Global Traveler, voted for Air Berlin as the ‘Best Trans-Atlantic Airline’, ‘Best European Airline’, and ‘Best International Frequent Flyer Programme’, in 2015.
Why should you choose Air Berlin?
Air Berlin offers 3 fares in Economy – Economy Light, Economy Classic, and Economy Flex and Business Saver and Business Flex in Business class. With every upgrade, you are entitled to more baggage allowance, reserve the Preferred or XL seats for better comfort, get access to priority services such as priority check-in and fast lane, and earn many status benefits with fastbonus (frequent flyer program). These facilities are available on different short and medium-haul flights.
Business class is characterized by comfort and personalized service. On long-haul flights, enjoy delicious, freshly prepared meals in fine china, served by Air Gusto (created by IFleat), which is a premium service. In Economy, Air Bistro offers a diverse menu, including gourmet meals from Sansibar and fresh local produce.
Their in-seat entertainment provides individual entertainment programs with a monitor, headphones, and USB port with every seat. Listen to in-flight radio and watch popular American sitcoms on short and medium-haul European flights. Enjoy movies on longer flights. You can also shop onboard and view the in-flight magazine.
Enjoy in-flight entertainment and Wi-Fi connectivity on many long-haul flights, with the ‘airberlin connect’ app, the internet service provided by Panasonic Avionics Corporation.
How do you check flight status for Air Berlin?
To check flight status of any Air Berlin flight, go to the homepage at https://www.airberlin.com/en/site/start.php
• Click on the Information tab and then click on Arrivals and Departures under Flight Information.
• You can search for your flight status either by the airport or by flight number.
• Fill in the details in the Search by airport / Search by flight number tab.
• Click on Search.
The real-time information about the flight(s) requested will be shown on your screen.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
In the event of a canceled flight, for passengers holding a valid reservation aboard Air Berlin, the airline will:
• Inform you the status of your booking as either a cancellation or a re-booking confirmation. Depending on the availability of alternate flights, you will be accommodated on the next available flight to your destination.
• Alternatively, the airline will refund the unused portion of the ticket, or the difference, if the cost of re-routing to another flight is lower than the original ticket.
Key routes of Air Berlin
Berlin-Tegel to New York JFK, Dusseldorf to San Francisco, Dusseldorf to Cancun, Dusseldorf to Havana, Dusseldorf to Miami, Dusseldorf to Puerto Plata, Dusseldorf to Los Angeles, and Dusseldorf to Toronto are few key routes of Air Berlin.
What are the benefits of booking with Air Berlin?
Air Berlin has several online and other travel-friendly features that ensure you enjoy a hassle-free flight.
• Book online at the homepage of the airline: https://www.airberlin.com/en/site/start.php. Manage your booking with seat selection (aisle seats or extra leg-room), extra baggage, or rebook within 2 hours before departure.
• You can continue this online experience by web check-in, which saves time and allows you the baggage-drop option. You can also reserve your seat, print out or access a mobile boarding pass. Online check-in is extremely simple wherein you enter your last name, your Booking Reference no. or ticket no, and the departure airport. Select ‘Start check-in’ and you will be guided through the process.
• Economy Flex and Business Class travelers have access to Premium Air Berlin Lounges as well as lounges of partner airlines of the One World alliance.
Q. Does Air Berlin send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. No, Air Berlin does not send out flight status notification emails or SMS.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
A. You can contact the Air Berlin service centers, whose contact numbers (area-wise) can be accessed here:
The international number is: +49 (0)30 3409 9977 (dom. call)