About Air Canada
Air Canada is the carrier of Canada and was founded in 1937. It’s the largest airline in Canada and world’s eighth-largest passenger airline by fleet-size, flying to over 200 destinations across six continents. The airline transported over 45 million passengers in 2016 and is the founding member of Star Alliance. Air Canada has a total of around 390 carriers including the regional and international aircraft. It’s a recipient of several awards. Skytrax gave it a 4 star, making it the only airline in North America to receive the same. It has also been named the best airline in North America by Skytrax for the sixth time in eight years.
Why should you choose Air Canada?
Air Canada is known for its exceptional service quality and reliability. Enjoy the business class with fine wines and gourmet cuisine with the award-winning enRoute magazine, amenity kits, and Canadian-brand Escents Aromatherapy skin-care products. The Air Canada enRoute in-flight entertainment has a wide-range of movie and entertainment options to quickly catch-up on your favorite show. Charge your device with the in-seat power and you can also catch up on current affairs or track your flight on a moving map.
Air Canada has several carriers to choose from such as Air Canada Regional, Air Canada Express, and its low-cost airline, Air Canada Rouge. Rouge has modern and slim line seats with more leg space. Also, you can purchase preferred seats for extra comfort, earlier exit, and overhead bin space.
How do you check flight status for Air Canada?<
Check the flight status of Air Canada flights in the official web page at https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/flight-information/flight-status-results.html. Go through the steps to check the status:
1. On the homepage, you will find two tabs to check the flight status: By Flight Number and By Route.
• To check the flight status By Flight Number, enter the flight number and the date.
• To check the status By Route, select the By Route option, enter the FROM and TO airports and the date.
2. Click “Find” - The details of the flights are displayed for your reference.
What does the airline do in case of flight cancellation?
Air Canada does its best to assist you in case an Air Canada flight is cancelled by the airline. These include:
• Providing a booking on the next available flight and in the same class either in the same airline or its partner airlines.
• Providing a booking with Via Rail if your itinerary matches a train segment.
• Providing meal vouchers, hotel accommodation, and hotel transfers during the waiting period.
• In case you decide to cancel the ticket, refund is given for the unused amount.
Top routes of Air Canada
Toronto to New York, Toronto to Chicago, Toronto to Beijing, Toronto to London, and Toronto to Paris are some of the key routes of Air Canada.
What are the benefits of booking with Air Canada?
Air Canada provides you with numerous travel facilities for a seamless journey. Some of them are:
• Easy Procedures: The terminals are well-connected and luggage is transported to your next flight without re-checking. It also reduces time for customs clearance and elapsed time with great efficiency.
• Lounges and Concierge: The Toronto hub and Calgary Airport hub of Air Canada provides luxurious services at the Maple Leaf Lounges and also provide the premium Concierge services.
• Special Seating: Air Canada provides special seating for greater legroom in case of immobility, or for a service animal, a seat with removable armrests and adjoining seats for assisting passengers on request.
• Travel and Children: Children travelling alone or travelling with children, you receive the best of care and attention from the moment you step in to stepping out of the airport with prior assistance booking.
• Bereavement Policy: In case of travelling for sudden demise of an immediate family member, Air Canada provides reduced fares on selected routes.
Air Canada FAQs:
Q. What information will Air Canada flight status alert contain?
flight notifications inform you about flight delay, flight cancellations, gate notifications, or flight number changes.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
Air Canada sends notifications as and when any change occurs in the original flight schedules
Q. Does Air Canada send out email and SMS about flight status?
A.Yes, sign up for flight notifications to receive free emails and SMS alerts about the status of your flights.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
In case you don’t receive any communication on your flight status, you can get in touch with Air Canada through any of the following ways:
- Contact 1-888-247-2262 (toll-free) within Canada and the U.S.
- Get connected through social media on their Facebook page or on Twitter.