Air China: The Flag Carrier of China
According to World Brand Lab, Air China had the highest brand value in China’s airline industry in June 2016.
What Sets Air China Apart
Its operational headquarter is in Beijing, a major domestic and international hub in China. Through the Star Alliance, the Company’s route network extends to 1,300 destinations in 190 countries. As of December 31, 2016, Air China has a fleet of 623 passenger aircraft and freighters of mainly Boeing and Airbus families. Air China’s PhoenixMiles programme is the first frequent flyer programme ever created in China’s airline industry. The members of this programme can garner points while traveling with Air China domestic flights
or international as well as with its partners.
Air China operates across 378 routes. This includes international, regional and domestic routes. This comprises 176 cities (64 international, 3 regional and 109 domestic) across 41 countries. In association with Star Alliance, the airline is present in 1,330 destinations in 192 countries.
Services You Can Expect
Air China is the first domestic carrier which has introduced ‘full-flat seats onboard’ and ‘exclusive services in every step of the travel’ for First Class and Business Class passengers. These services are available on medium-haul and long-haul routes. A wide range of new services include ‘Your Flight Assistant’ and ‘Air China app’. Air China offers a number of in-flight magazines and newspapers, 12 music channels and 8 classic movies. The wide body jets are outfitted with the world's most state-of-the-art AVOD system which features dozens of bilingual classic movies, one hundred music CDs and a wide selection of games, to keep the passengers entertained for the duration of the flight.
Air China has three different classes for its passengers: First Class, Business Class and Economy Class.
Awards for Air China
Air China featured in the ‘2017 Brand Value List of Chinese Listed Companies - Overall Top 100’ and ‘2017 Brand Value List of Chinese Listed Companies - International Top 50.’ These lists were released by Tsinghua University and National Business Daily jointly. Air China has been honored with the ‘2016 Readers’ Most Trusted Airline’ title in the Tourism Style Rankings released by Beijing Evening News. Air China was also honored with the ‘Best Airline Award 2015’ at the Second Civil Aviation Services Summit held in Nanjing.
Q. How many Air China flights operate daily?
Air China has 1100 daily departures and serves 173 airports.
Q. Which are the cheapest Air China routes?
Some of the cheapest routes include Mumbai to Shanghai
, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen. You can also fly from New Delhi to Vancouver at economical fares.
Q. What is the baggage limit for Air China for domestic routes including cabin baggage?
• First class - For an adult or child ticket, baggage allowance is 40 kg.
• Business class - For an adult or child ticket, baggage allowance is 30 kg.
• Economy class - For an adult or child ticket, baggage allowance is 20 kg.
If you have an infant travelling with you, he/she will be entitled to 10 kg free allowance along with a foldable baby stroller or cradle.
• First Class - Up to 2 pieces of baggage, with each piece weighing no more than 5 kg.
• Business Class and Economy Class - 1 piece of baggage weighing no more than 5 kg.
What is the baggage limit for Air China for international routes including cabin baggage?
Checked baggage allowance on international/regional routes:
• First Class/Business Class passengers: 2 pieces of ordinary baggage, each of which shall not weigh over 32 kg.
• Premium Economy Class passengers: 1 piece of ordinary baggage is free of charge. The maximum weight of each item of ordinary baggage may not exceed 32 kg.
Economy Class passengers:
• For Air China-operated international routes involving America, Macau, Taiwan, Europe, Hong Kong, Africa, Asia (except Japan), Middle East, New Zealand and Australia - 1 piece of ordinary baggage, not weighing more than 23 kg.
• For Air China-operated routes involving Japan and Sixth Freedom Right routes to America from third-world countries - 2 pieces of ordinary baggage, each of which shall not weigh over 23 kg.
Each First Class and Business Class passenger can take up to 2 pieces (8 kg max.) of carry-on baggage. Each Economy Class passenger can take up to 1 piece (5 kg max.) of carry-on baggage.
Q. Does Air China offer web check-in?
Yes, Air China offers web check-in
Q. Does Air China offer online seat preference reservation?
Yes, Air China offers online seat preference reservation.