About Air France
Considered as the numero uno French airline, Air France, which started operations in 1933, runs three significant businesses – cargo traffic, passenger traffic, and airline maintenance services. It has its primary hubs at Paris-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly airports. In 2016, it catered to more than 93 million travelers worldwide spread across 318 domestic and international destinations in 118 nations. Over the years, it has received several awards. In 2016, some of the many recognitions it received was for best customer service, and best airline unisex First Class travel kit.
Why should you choose Air France Airlines?
Air France provides low-cost flying options to travelers through its Transavia France flights. Most Air France flights pamper their patrons with sumptuous in-flight meals. In addition, customized meals are also served in case travelers have made a request on a flight longer than 2 hours 35 minutes. The airlines ensures adequate in-flight entertainment options; so you can quickly catch up on a movie or a TV show. Download the Air France Press app and enjoy reading about the latest happenings around you. In-flight shopping options are also made available at Air France.
If you are travelling in Air France business class, you can enjoy plush in-flight leather seating, hot and fresh meals, and access to comfortable lounges during your wait at the airport. Plus, you have the flexibility to change your ticket to fly in a different flight without any additional cost. In case you are looking to board an earlier flight the same day, you have the option to do that as well, provided seats are available.
How do you check flight status for Air France Airlines?
To check the status of any Air France flight, log on to the official website of Air France www.airfrance.com.
• Choose your local area. For instance, if you wish to check a flight from the US, choose America-Caribbean and click on USA.
• Click on the Information tab and navigate to Flight and Airport Info.
• Click on Arrivals – departures: flight status.
• Enter the flight number and the date of the flight and click Search. The scheduled arrival and departure times will be displayed on your screen.
What should you do in case of flight cancellation?
In case of a canceled flight, Air France provides adequate compensation in cash and kind to its passengers. Some of these include the following:
• Rerouting to the pre-decided destination through some other flight as indicated by Air France, depending on the availability of seats and the day you wish to fly
• Option to receive a reimbursement for the canceled flight (You may receive this compensation in the form of a bank transfer, a check, or a non-refundable transportation credit voucher.)
• Free of cost refreshments while you wait to board the next available flight
• Hotel accommodation, in case overnight stay at the boarding city is unavoidable
Popular routes of Air France Airlines
Paris to Amsterdam, Paris to Rome, Paris to Munich, and Paris to London are some of the key routes of Air France.
What are the benefits of booking with Air France Airlines?
Amongst the host of benefits offered by Air France to make the journey convenient for travelers of all ages. Here are some significant ones:
• Child-friendly amenities - For people travelling with kids, baggage pick-up and delivery services to and from your homes are available. In case you have a stroller or a car seat with you, you can rent services of Air France’s partner Airshells, which offers to provide a protective cover for your assets. You can also ask for bassinets, if you have infants traveling with you.
• Facilities for senior citizens – For elderly people traveling alone, baggage pick-up and delivery services to and from your homes are available. Also senior citizens can ask for specific meal types, depending on any particular diet that they may follow.
• Seat selection – Travelers can opt to book their seats in advance at a fee of €20 per seat per flight. In case of passengers with limited mobility, standard seat selection is offered free of cost.
• Lounges for relaxation – Several airports where Air France flights operate have dedicated Air France lounges for travelers to relax in between flights. Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport also offers spa treatments to interested travelers.
Air France Airlines FAQs:
Q. Please suggest some good family holiday packages to Cape Town?
Cape Town is a beautiful place which offers various sightseeing spots for families as well as couples. There are beaches with lots of adventure sports and famous Kruger National Park for kids. You can also find out about the holiday packages by searching on the travel websites like Yatra. The following link can be explored:
Q. Does Air France have some flights to Cape Town from India?
A. Air France
has flights to Cape Town from New Delhi and other capitals of India with the shortest duration of 22 hours 50 minutes via Amsterdam. The other flights from Delhi also travel with two stops via Mumbai and Amsterdam and duration of around 27 hours 15 minutes.
Q. Any cheap flights to Budapest?
Q. Can I check my Air France Flight Status through any of the travel websites like Yatra?
Yes, you can check the Air France Flight Status
updates through the websites like Yatra online either on the webpage or the app.
Q. Any 5-star hotels near Prague airport?
A. There are several 5-star hotels near Prague airport namely, Ramada Airport Hotel Prague, Holiday Inn Prague Airport, Mandarin Oriental Prague. These hotels provide all facilities like complimentary breakfast, spa, airport shuttle and free wifi.
Q. Which place would you suggest for a honeymoon in Europe?
A. Europe has a hub of honeymoon destinations depending upon the seasons like Italy, France, Venice, Santorini, and Paris. View some fantastic honeymoon holiday packages here.
Q. Which places have monuments of heritage importance?
A. Egypt, Italy, Mexico, Turkey, New York, Thailand are known for their varied culture and monuments of heritage importance.
Q. Which places are recommended for Christmas Eve and New Year celebrations?
A. The best time to travel to Prague is during its summer season which starts from June, but the places popular for Christmas and New Year’s celebrations are Sydney, Vienna, London, New York, Bangkok, Cape Town, Amsterdam.
Q. What is the best time to travel to Prague?
A. The best time to travel to Prague is during its summer season which starts from June, but the temperatures remain between 15-20 degrees Celsius during the daytime with average night temperatures around 10 degrees.
Q. I am planning a vacation to Prague; can you suggest some direct flights from India?
A. There are no direct flights from India to Prague. However, Air France offers connecting flights with a stop in Paris, Charles de Gaulle airport.
Q. Does Air France offer any loyalty points for flight bookings?
A. Air France gives miles for flight bookings done only through their website, and those miles can be used for the future bookings.
Q. Name some popular routes of Air France Flights?
Air France is a popular airline which provides flights to European countries like France
, Netherlands, Brazil, Geneva, Zurich, Prague, Bangkok
, Turkey, Jordan and the even USA.
Q. Does Air France provide any rental cars at the destinations?
A. Air France has a partner Hertz which is the leading company in car rentals and offers exclusive deals if you book through Air France website or app.
Q. What should I do if my baggage is lost?
A. You can declare the lost baggage by completing a form or through the Air France app within 48 hours of your arrival. You also need to provide the baggage receipt number.
Q. Does Air France fly on domestic routes?
A. No, Air France doesn’t serve any flights on the Indian domestic sector, but you can travel to Europe and North America from India via Air France.
Q. Is Air France Flight Status service available only for business class passengers?
A. Air France Flight Status service is available for all its passengers irrespective of the class of travel.
Q. If the Air France Flight Status is unable to be viewed online, what should be my next step?
A. If you cannot view the Air France Flight Status online, you can always call the airline directly who will assist you on this.
Q. What is the procedure if I have to make a complaint about Air France with issues regarding changes in Air France Flight Status without prior notice or about the staff?
A. If there are any complaints regarding the staff or the airlines concerning changes in Air France Flight Status without intimation, you can call on Air France Customer Service Number and register your complaints so that it can be resolved. Email is another way which helps you to have a proof of your complaint.
Q. If any change of flight timings on Saturday or Sunday, then what should I do?
A. Air France flight status updates would be available to you on even on weekends and holidays. As such Air France provides the non-surcharged call 24 hours and seven days a week with an email id which is answered with immediate action.
Q. What are the modalities of Air France Flight Status updates for economy class passengers?
A. Air France flight status updates are sent through SMS, or you can contact customer care support on their toll-free number. They are available from Monday to Friday on specified timings. You can also confirm through the following link: https://www.yatra.com/international-airlines/air-france-flight-Status.
Q. Does Air France send out email and SMS about flight status?
A. Yes, through AF Connect, Air France sends out free emails and SMS alerts about the status of their flights.
Q. When will I receive flight status alert messages, and how many?
A. You will receive real-time alerts 24/7 from Air France about any change in the original flight schedules.
Q. What information will Air France flight status alert contain?
A. The alerts from Air France will keep you informed about any delay in your flight, cancellation of your flight, change in boarding gates, or delayed baggage delivery.
Q. What happens if I don't receive an email or SMS text alert on my flight status?
In case there is no email or an SMS alert on your flight status, you can get in touch with Air France through one of the following ways:
- Contact their Web Support throughout the week from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM on their helpline number: +33 (0)9 69 39 02 15.
- Get in touch with Air France through social media on their Facebook page or on Twitter . Their teams are available 24/7 to help travelers with any travel-related query.